Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I just wanted to make a quick repost. I uninstalled PD 9. Then I reinstalled PD 8 that was part of my MediaSuite 9 Ultra installation file. With PD 8, I was able to capture analog TV video, but when I went to digital TV, PD 8 crashed. Then I installed the copy of PD 9 Ultra64 Upgrad I have, and analog TV capture came back with the same unable to prepare for recording error message while digital TV capture worked. This is quite maddening. Guess I have to keep tweaking it until I get it to work; however, I'm still open to suggestions...
I think the problem was I created the DxDiag file while the video capture express card was not plugged in. I performed a driver delete and installed the latest version (2.1.64.35) from AVerMedia's website. Same error message. I have tried updating my video card (Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD); however, HP (my computer manufacturer) does not have as up to date driver as is posted on Intel's website, however, I am unable to install the driver on Intel's website. Is there a work around to force my computer to install the more recent Intel driver that has yet to be "certified" by HP? By the way, I am able to get the digital signal capture to work in PD 9, but not the analog signal capture (see attached screen shot). I also attached an updated DxDiag file listing the AVerMedia card under the video capture heading.
Was this issue ever resolved? I am having a similar problem with Power Director 9.
I'm sorry, I had uploaded the 64-bit DxDiag. attached now is the standard DxDiag with the AverMedia video capture device driver listed.
I keep getting the message "An Error occurred. Unable to prepare for recording." whenever I try to "Capture from a TV signal." I have PowerDirector Ultra64 9.0.0.3305. My video tuner card is an AVer Media AVerTV Express mini Model No. H968U. My OS is Windows 7. To the best of my knowledge all drivers and software are up to date or as up to date as HP has posted on their driver/support website. I attached the error message along with DxDiag.txt file.
Here are the DxDiag for my machine.
I keep getting the message "An Error occurred. Unable to prepare for recording." whenever I try to "Capture from a TV signal." (I have attached a screen shot of the error message).

The "Capture from a digital TV signal" works, however, I am trying to capture an analog signal from my DVR. I am able to capture an analog TV signal using HP MediaSmart Live TV, but my prefence is to capture is with PD 9, premarily becasue the video I capture with HP MediaSmart Live TV is recorded with a green line along the right side of the video.

I have PowerDirector Ultra64 9.0.0.3305 (i.e., latest update/build).

My PCTV tuner card is an AVer Media AVerTV Express mini Model No. H968U with the latest driver (version 2.1.64.35).

My OS is Windows 7 and up to date with Windows updates.

I could not find a solution that has worked. I tried uninstalling PD 9 and re-installing. No success, same error message.

Any suggestions will help. Let me know if you need additional information to help diagnose the problem.

Thanks, Greg
Has this issue been resolved? I'm having the same problem/same error message with my PowerDirector Ultra64 version 9.0.0.3305.

Thanks,
Greg
Go to: