Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 8 error with ion video to PC converter
Karst [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 06, 2011 13:48 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I want to convert VHS tapes to my pc so I can make dvd's.
And therefor I bought ION Video 2 PC Converter. I installed the software the way it should. My PC runs Windows 7 and video recorder is a Panasonic NV-HS900 super VHS which has three cinch connectors on the back. When I do capture this is what happens.
Initializing analog device
Un error has occured
Unable to prepare for recording
If I push the button record anyhow it says Powerdirector doesn't work anymore, because of a problem the program doesn't work right. The program will be closed and Powerdirector will be notified. If there is a solution I will be contacted if there is one available.
This never happened.

Can anybody help me

Karst
GKoch [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 05, 2011 23:04 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Was this issue ever resolved? I am having a similar problem with Power Director 9.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
If you are having problems with your capture device in PD 8, you will have the same problem in any of the later Powerdirector versions.

The capture module is little changed in the later versions.

What you need to try, is Windows Movie Maker to capture your video tape to a file.
After you have a video, you can edit that video captured in Movie Maker in Powerdirector.

If Movie Maker does not work search the internet for software that will capture from your device.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Karst [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 06, 2011 13:48 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
The problem hasn't been resolved yet, I'm gonna try window movie maker, thanks for the replies