Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"An Error occurred. Unable to prepare for recording." when trying to "Capture from a TV signal."
GKoch [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 05, 2011 23:04 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I keep getting the message "An Error occurred. Unable to prepare for recording." whenever I try to "Capture from a TV signal." (I have attached a screen shot of the error message).

The "Capture from a digital TV signal" works, however, I am trying to capture an analog signal from my DVR. I am able to capture an analog TV signal using HP MediaSmart Live TV, but my prefence is to capture is with PD 9, premarily becasue the video I capture with HP MediaSmart Live TV is recorded with a green line along the right side of the video.

I have PowerDirector Ultra64 9.0.0.3305 (i.e., latest update/build).

My PCTV tuner card is an AVer Media AVerTV Express mini Model No. H968U with the latest driver (version 2.1.64.35).

My OS is Windows 7 and up to date with Windows updates.

I could not find a solution that has worked. I tried uninstalling PD 9 and re-installing. No success, same error message.

Any suggestions will help. Let me know if you need additional information to help diagnose the problem.

Thanks, Greg
[Thumb - PD 9 Error.jpg]
 Filename
PD 9 Error.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Unable to prepare for recording (PD 9)
 Filesize
134 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
284 time(s)
[Post New]
It does not appear that the Card was detected as a device (judging by the blank space where the card should show on the lower right.

Can you please provide a DXDIAG for this machine? (See PART B in the link below):
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

Here is one possible work-around that has been in use since PD8:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8380.page

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 06. 2011 13:43

GKoch [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 05, 2011 23:04 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Here are the DxDiag for my machine.
 Filename
64_GKoch_DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description