Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Error occurred - unable to prepare for recording
GKoch [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 05, 2011 23:04 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I keep getting the message "An Error occurred. Unable to prepare for recording." whenever I try to "Capture from a TV signal." I have PowerDirector Ultra64 9.0.0.3305. My video tuner card is an AVer Media AVerTV Express mini Model No. H968U. My OS is Windows 7. To the best of my knowledge all drivers and software are up to date or as up to date as HP has posted on their driver/support website. I attached the error message along with DxDiag.txt file.
[Thumb - PD 9 Error.jpg]
 Filename
PD 9 Error.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
134 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
406 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
42 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
489 time(s)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I keep getting the message "An Error occurred. Unable to prepare for recording." whenever I try to "Capture from a TV signal." I have PowerDirector Ultra64 9.0.0.3305. My video tuner card is an AVer Media AVerTV Express mini Model No. H968U. My OS is Windows 7. To the best of my knowledge all drivers and software are up to date or as up to date as HP has posted on their driver/support website. I attached the error message along with DxDiag.txt file.

I think your Driver for your Aver Media capture device is not installed correctly.

I do not find it listed in your Dxdiag.txt file, it should show up as a Video Capture Source, not there.

You should check for the latest drivers in the AVer Media web site.
http://www.avermedia-usa.com/avertv/Support/Download.aspx?Type=APDriver

And the Video card drivers should be checked on the manufacturer's web site

Nvidia at:
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

ATI/AMD:
http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 27. 2012 10:36

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

GKoch [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm sorry, I had uploaded the 64-bit DxDiag. attached now is the standard DxDiag with the AverMedia video capture device driver listed.
 Filename
DxDiag(32-bit).txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
49 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
360 time(s)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'm sorry, I had uploaded the 64-bit DxDiag. attached now is the standard DxDiag with the AverMedia video capture device driver listed.

It is still not listed in the Video Capture devices.

From Your Dxdiag.txt file. I see a webcam listed.

Video Capture Sources:
HP Webcam,0x00200000,1,2,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514
HP Web Camera Filter,0x00200000,0,1,YCWebCameraSource.ax,2.00.8342.3407

I do see many AverMedia Codec listed in the Direct Show filters.

For Powerdirector to find and use the Video Capture Device, it must find a capture source.

Did you update your AverMedia Drivers?

I have a Kworld tuner card installed in this computer, the driver got messed up somehow, a re-install fixed it on my computer.

I also had to get the updated driver for Windows 7 64 bit OS for Kworld to work in Windows 7 64 bit.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

GKoch [Avatar]
[Post New]
I think the problem was I created the DxDiag file while the video capture express card was not plugged in. I performed a driver delete and installed the latest version (2.1.64.35) from AVerMedia's website. Same error message. I have tried updating my video card (Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD); however, HP (my computer manufacturer) does not have as up to date driver as is posted on Intel's website, however, I am unable to install the driver on Intel's website. Is there a work around to force my computer to install the more recent Intel driver that has yet to be "certified" by HP? By the way, I am able to get the digital signal capture to work in PD 9, but not the analog signal capture (see attached screen shot). I also attached an updated DxDiag file listing the AVerMedia card under the video capture heading.
[Thumb - Digital TV capture screen shot.jpg]
 Filename
Digital TV capture screen shot.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
130 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
344 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag (2-28-2012).txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
47 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
315 time(s)
Carl312
[Post New]
OK, your AverMedia device is showing where it should.

Be sure that you have video on the jacks. (Play the tape).

Now you need to select the Analog TV capture and then the Settings button and choose the correct Video and audio input.
I think you said you had the RCA jacks, (Should be Yellow, Red and White jacks).

Using that connection, you select the composite video and the stereo audio.

If you are connected with the round din plug, you choose S-Video for video input.

Attached is a your screen capture that I added notes to.

[Thumb - Digital TV capture screen shot_edited.png]
 Filename
Digital TV capture screen shot_edited.png
[Disk]
 Description
With Notes.
 Filesize
123 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
399 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 29. 2012 09:28

GKoch [Avatar]
[Post New]
I just wanted to make a quick repost. I uninstalled PD 9. Then I reinstalled PD 8 that was part of my MediaSuite 9 Ultra installation file. With PD 8, I was able to capture analog TV video, but when I went to digital TV, PD 8 crashed. Then I installed the copy of PD 9 Ultra64 Upgrad I have, and analog TV capture came back with the same unable to prepare for recording error message while digital TV capture worked. This is quite maddening. Guess I have to keep tweaking it until I get it to work; however, I'm still open to suggestions...