Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I know I saw here, there is a way to broaden the "menu" images, and expand the options of use.
Can anyone point me in the direction of that post, as it seems I can not find it now.

Also, is there something I am missing with the title pages, seems my font use is limited as well, and I have over 5,000 fonts on my computer( a bit much, but I am a graphics user with psp, and like variety.) With older version of PD the menu page I could change the font to what I wanted, seems I can not any longer, but I could just be missing a step.

Thanks in advance, and Happy weekend to you all!
I find the PD5 to be the best software for what I like to do, and plan to do. What came with the camera was fine, but if you lose that disc, no other PD will recognize the mod. but the 5. Well worth the money I say!
Good luck!
now that was simple ....I also figured out how to mute BG and everything! The project turned out great! Thanks guys for your help!!!! I am going to have tons of fun, and for the guy in Wales, about the other programs I have bought , I am taking your advice and NOT installing them, I will just have a fully loaded library, lol.
Ya'll enjoy the evening!
Jenn
Thank you guys, I will put this to the test....the help is very much appreciated!
Jenn
I have never put my files onto the computer, I grab directly from the camera while it is hooked up through usb. I think I have read here that they would rather you go to computer to PD, but I have never had a problem with it the way I do. I hook the computer up, open files(the manilla envelopo left hand side) and find my JVC_HDD and open it up....it then loads everythingt o PD and I am set to go, I just have to keep the camera hooked up during the entire process til the burn is complete.
I may have been of no help, but I thought I would just give ya a little of what I do, and see if that can work for you.
Oh a side note, if its the version of PD that I got with my camera originally, there is only ONE of the 2 types of files that will transfer, I think its the MOV. files, but I could be wrong....but there are 2 types when you look at your files (mov. and mod.), only one will be seen in PD from what I recall....lol sorry I sometimes even confuse myself, burden of being a blonde!
Good luck..
Jenn
HELLO.... I have finally gotten 5 to burn for me, and all is going well thank you to he who helped me.
I am now trying to add a song to play during my video. (Making a music video for my daughter). We have the entire video edited and ready to go with correct times on timeline, now....When I go to what I thought was the right area of adding track, (the button on the bottom of magic tools) it gives me only a few(quite a few, but not what I want none the less) options from sound mixer thingamajig........is there ANY way to use a sound file I already have downloaded on my computer? I know in producer how to do this, but am up against a wall in PD....any help or options are appreciated!
I know the way I put things is not "fancy" but I am a regular gal with a simple question, if theres a way great, if not....I will try something different.
Thanks!
well, not exactly sure what did the trick, but after a uninstall and reinstall a trial run of making a dvd of the aquarium was a success, which had never been before, went next to making the dvd of my movie and well it seems to be working cause it got 30% but I had to end it, was taking too long and I have other things I had to do with my computer, so will redo it again tonight when I am done with my notary work. It sure is a slow one compared to the other one, lol but hey if it burns I am a happy camper.
I got PP2Gold today in the mail as well, tomorrow or WED my PD3 should be here, I will have a full library of Cyberlink products. I swear I have spent so much money this last week, and in the end it looks like 5 is all I needed, since my power producer express is also working fine now....geeeeez.
Thanks for the thought to uninstall, I had thought of it, but figured what really would an uninstall do...guess fixed whatever bug was wrong.
Your quick response and help is much appreciated!
I have attached the DxDig though just in case it can still be of some help, I have no idea what it all means, but it was neat to see..
I did write down exactly what I did, but considering it is working, figure there is no reason to go play by play!
I have to do a music video tonight for my daughters high school drama class, I got this fixed just in time, thanks to you!!!
my build is
5.00.2112 premium

oh also my memory capacity and free space is as follows...
after the defrag I have 56% free on my c drive
c drive 32.5gb capacity 18.3gb free
k drive(extra HD) 149gb 124gb free

if that helps at all.
i have no idea what build I am using, I will look into that, as far as the other suggestions, I have done them all, unticked thumbnails, defragged, and contacted custumer support. Thee dll files is a patch for the error message 80004001, that I am still getting after the install.
Disc writing program? I use MEMOREX DUAL+FORMAT recorder double layer. 8.5 GB capacity. it burns my power producer software just fine, and also the previos PD videos I had with the older software.
Not sure what you mean by disc instructions....when I go to create disc...I have done all conceivable wyas, write to dvd folder, untick dvdfolder....unticked the menu items, you name it I have done it. At this point it still gives me the error code 80004001, burning failed. I was able to burn a small dvd with the trial version of PP I needed at Christmas for a project I was diong(thats when I realized I had lost my original discs) but for some reason this is not cooperating. I am awaiting tech supports answer. They were actually very quick at helping me with the dolby digital issue I had with 4, and is why I bought 5....
I do love the software I was used to that came with my camera, and if I knew exactly what it was I would try to buy it again, I have so much money in this 5 and 4 and I even am awaiting the arrival of 3 in the mail this week, that I purchased before I did the 5....I am desperate to have a program work to my needs, and all I need, lol is it to burn.
I wish I could tell you more of what I am doing, but really, I am doing my timeline...create disc.....and it goes to BURN PROCESS and errors out.
I am not STUPID, actually very capable with software programs, this one happens to be kicking my butt, and it shouldn't be so difficult, right!
Thanks for any help or suggestins may be able to offer, at this point however, I have done all that was mentioned, as I did read other posts, and the unticking I got from a member who solved the problem by disabling the motion menu option...that unfortunately is not working for me, or did the zip file of replaired dll files.
Jenn
I upgraded to the premium 5 this week, and it has cured my dolby digital sound issues, now I just need to get it to pass the burn phase, but thats a differet Oprah.

My suggestion, buy the 5 if you can not locate original product that came with camera, I know I lost mine, and boght 4, but with no DD I had to break open my wallet, well worth the money IF I can get it to burn.

Just letting you know that 5 WILL solve any DD issues you have with other builds besides what came with our cameras!!!
well the dll files allows me to get a little further in the burning progress, creating motion menus...and then failed to burn error code 80004001......
as the time passes the more frustration emerges
I was having issues with 4 and just this last week went and paid the money for 5 premium. I get to the point where I BURN and it gets to about 10% and thats all she wrote...the program crashes, or freezes, and a couple times I have gotten error messages. My computer can handle the program, I am capable of "handling" the program...I am just sick of it and worried I have wasted the money. I have spent 2 days now trying to make one "trial DVD" of my own, just to see what 5 can and can not do, and so far I find it can NOT burn......it creates thumbnails, and thats where it stops....hours and hours of my time have shown nothing but bald patches in my head.
lol
thats my opinion and I am sticking to it!

I just went back months and months ago in the forum topics and found the FIX dll's zipfile, I have downloaded and replaced, crossing my fingers I will check it out later
I got a similar email in regards to my question to them as well, they said to upgrade to 5 to have the sound of DD to be recognized. I am fine with thta, but before I make that purchase I am clearly interested in if in FACT the Premium 5 will recognize ALL components of my JVC GZ-MG21U the same way the software that was included with my 700 purchase of this camera that is useless without a dvd editing program. My fault for losing the disk, but now I want a new one, and already wasted money on 4...anyone witht he same camera and 5 premium would help me in knowing if its worth the 75 bucks to get 5....I do NOT want a half **** program, I am not in the market if making silent films, lol!!!
Thanks!
i am one step away from upgrading to 5 , but want to upgrade and pay 20 bucks less than buy the full version alone, but will the upgrade keep the issues i have with not having any sound with my files???? the 4.0 will not allow me to hear my video's...a dolby digital issue.....I am afraid to waste my money again, i just bought 4.0 2 weeks ago.
i hope someone answers this cause I am having the same issues with 4.0. i also had the version that came with my jvc camcorder, and lved it, but lost the disk and recently crashed. i purchased the 4.0 and now have no sound....dolby digital issue, and theyw ant me to buy 5.0 ....but now I am afraid the same issue will happen. the software is useless if the sound can not be heard....
Glad to know I am not the only one witha muted movie here, lol!!!
Someone HELP~!!!!!!!!
Go to: