Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: This is quoted from captain
"Using your idea, Kevin, is great [size=9](unless you want the title to appear over something else)."

In this case I would produce my title track sequence seperately to a video file and then bring it back into the project and place it on a higher numbered Video Track and then place the "Zoom In" Effect directly on the produced Title Track. This way the title could Zoom In on top of a nother video clip.

Thanks, but I know this as I started the same thread in the PD 9 forums ... my question is, can it be added by throough the NEW third party plug-in capability.

I still can't figure out WHY every competitng product has tiltle Zoom IN/Zoom Out and something as feature rich as PD 10 missed it in version 9 and AGAIN in version 10 !!!
Quote: Of course if you have a background, then you will have another problem: the background will also zoom in and out.

Thanks, I have tried that and yes, I have a background to contend with.

Scott
Thank you Nina ... Ynotfish and Capt Kevin were most helpful with PD 9 "work arounds" ... my real question is whether "anything" has changed with my issue with the NEW, just released PD 10?

This is the thread from PD 9 on this same issue http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/19390.page

The answer may be NOTHING, but "I am hopeful"!
Any answers please ... what is the BEST way to accomplish "Title Zoom IN/Zoom OUT" with PD 10?

Thanks,

Scott
We had started a thread in PD 9, and thanks to Cap'n Kevin and Ynotfish we were given EXTRAORDINARY help and "options" to check out.

We are a Silicon Valley based company and are experts in video - several decades - but were looking for something "easy to use for our customers to use personally". The usage scenarios for "digital video" have literally exploded and our mainstay of Adobe CS 5.5 Master Collection products IS JUST TOO COMPLEX!

Our first "eval" was with Premiere Elements 10 and then we "read about" PD 9 - EVEN PD 9 BLOWS THE DOORS OFF of Premiere Elements 9 ... and PD 10 looks EVEN BETTER !!!

Thanks to Capt-n Kevin's and Ynotfish's "expert and nearly instant advise" ... in only a few days we are now recommending PD 10.

That said ... we are very disappointed that something as simple as "Title Zoom IN/Zoom OUT" - found in Premiere Elements 10 and MOST competitng products - is somehow NOT available in even PE 10 !!!

QUESTION: We know about work-around techniques thanks to Cap-n Kevin and Ynotfish using the Effects studio with title PNG files ... but, will there be a WAY with "the new third-paty add-ons" to add "titles", in addition to Effects?

EXCELLENT APP ... CONGRADULATIONS !!!

Can the Moderator please pass this on to the PowerDirector Product Management Team for me - and especially the extraordinary assistance I received from Cap-n Kevin and Ynotfish!

Scott
WOW ... IS IT Christmas ALREADY ... PD 10 is officially launched.

I must ask ... does PD 10 solve my "Title Zoom In/Out" effect issue?

BTW ... ynotfish ... I somehow "missed" your absolutely phenominal YouTube video link about "Text Effects" ... BRAVO!

If you ever find the time, I as well as many others, might find it extremely valuable as to how you would use PD - now 10 - to "re-create" something as professional and polished as the NASA Hubble SM4 video - including Intro, Chapter dividers, lower thirds, etc.?

I am guessing that was Adobe AE or Apple's Effects app?

I'd BUY that type of tutorial - and I'd bet others would as well - now that PD has third party effects add-on functionality!

Scott
many thanks to both you and ynotfish for the quick response ... BTW, what was the other program?
Quote: You didn't miss anything...no pilot error on your part....

I tried this but when I rendered out the "single line title, it comes in over black and NOT transparent ... I am sure this is pilot error on my part?

Suggestions?

So if you create your title sequence with the Zoom effect and produce it to a video file, it will have a Black background as you observed. So if you place it on Track #2 and place a video clip on Track # 1....you won't be able to see your video clip underneath the Produced video Title clip....well....you know that already. : : :

Now select the produced Title Sequence and select MODIFY....now we are back to the Chroma Key........select (check off) Chroma Key....then select the Eye Dropper tool...a window will appear.....click on the Black background in this new window....you may need to adjust the Intensity slider a bit to keep the text sharp......c click OK in the PIP Designer Window......

You should now be able to see your Title Sequence Zooming In in front of your video clip.

Is this a work around??? It might be....this is how I know how to do it on Power Director and it might be easier with other editing programs, and it might be easier and have better final results....

Just thought I would jump in and clarify the step that I neglected to add to get rid of the Black background in the Title Sequence.

Post Edit:
So is this easier than creating an image with a Title with a transparent background and then importing the graphic? I suppose it depends on the user. Tony can bang out transparent background text graphics faster that I can stop a ferry at a dock on 60 Knot winds!!! So each method is up to the user in the end....and the quality that they are trying to achieve.

It's too bad the in the PIP Designer Window doesn't have the ability to select a "Transparent Background"....then it wouldn't be dependent on using the Chroma Key to eliminate it. My other Video Editor Program allows me to select a transparent background in the Text Track and also allows me to Zoom In among other things...oh well....it can't do everything!!!

Kevin

Thanks Cap'n Kevin ... that was the magic trick.

The only problem is that I am seeing "some artifacting" using black as the key. Most likely because I have a drop shadow.

I read that PD 10 is perhaps right around the corner and maybe has a fix for a simple Zoom IN title?

Thanks agian,

Scott
Quote: Hi Tony,

"Using your idea, Kevin, is great [size=9](unless you want the title to appear over something else)."

In this case I would produce my title track sequence seperately to a video file and then bring it back into the project and place it on a higher numbered Video Track and then place the "Zoom In" Effect directly on the produced Title Track. This way the title could Zoom In on top of a nother video clip.

Then I could also apply up to Seven total effects that I could individually control using key frames.

I think that would work pretty well.

I tried this but when I rendered out the "single line title, it comes in over black and NOT transparent ... I am sure this is pilot error on my part?

Suggestions?

Very nice ... I will try that today.
Thanks ynotfish ... believe it or not, I did search the forum and saw a long thread form July that you started about the lack of "Title Zoom" ... what did you figure is the best way around that?

Should I treat the "Chapter Title" as a graphical element and then apply effects to that - rather than use try to use the text titler?
We are a convert from other editing programs and really need some "basic" TITLE effects like Zoom IN/Zoom Out and motion path? PD9 has everything else ... even better third party plug-ins?

I am new to PD 9 but have used video editors for some time. I read, very surprised, that PD does NOT have a simple text zoom - but seemingly everything else?

Any suggestions on "the best way" to re-create "the SECOND text effect" from this Hubble video - the "Black Chapter Clip"?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGFfq4gAwQw&feature=fvsr

PD 9 is AMAZING ...
Go to: