Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Looking for "Title Zoom In/Zoom out" - not in PD 9 and "appears" also NOT in the NEW PD 10?
anywhereanytime [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Silicon Valley, CA Joined: Oct 10, 2011 13:42 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
We had started a thread in PD 9, and thanks to Cap'n Kevin and Ynotfish we were given EXTRAORDINARY help and "options" to check out.

We are a Silicon Valley based company and are experts in video - several decades - but were looking for something "easy to use for our customers to use personally". The usage scenarios for "digital video" have literally exploded and our mainstay of Adobe CS 5.5 Master Collection products IS JUST TOO COMPLEX!

Our first "eval" was with Premiere Elements 10 and then we "read about" PD 9 - EVEN PD 9 BLOWS THE DOORS OFF of Premiere Elements 9 ... and PD 10 looks EVEN BETTER !!!

Thanks to Capt-n Kevin's and Ynotfish's "expert and nearly instant advise" ... in only a few days we are now recommending PD 10.

That said ... we are very disappointed that something as simple as "Title Zoom IN/Zoom OUT" - found in Premiere Elements 10 and MOST competitng products - is somehow NOT available in even PE 10 !!!

QUESTION: We know about work-around techniques thanks to Cap-n Kevin and Ynotfish using the Effects studio with title PNG files ... but, will there be a WAY with "the new third-paty add-ons" to add "titles", in addition to Effects?

EXCELLENT APP ... CONGRADULATIONS !!!

Can the Moderator please pass this on to the PowerDirector Product Management Team for me - and especially the extraordinary assistance I received from Cap-n Kevin and Ynotfish!

Scott

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 11. 2011 14:52

anywhereanytime [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Silicon Valley, CA Joined: Oct 10, 2011 13:42 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Any answers please ... what is the BEST way to accomplish "Title Zoom IN/Zoom OUT" with PD 10?

Thanks,

Scott
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I just experienced seing the "star-fairy" ......from one minute to the next.
What possible reason could there be for the fairy to "down-star" a very happy customer?

I guess Ynotfish, at least, will be on soon, an early riser as he is,
but if not, I'll see if I can suggest something on png-s and motion.

Nina

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
anywhereanytime [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Nina ... Ynotfish and Capt Kevin were most helpful with PD 9 "work arounds" ... my real question is whether "anything" has changed with my issue with the NEW, just released PD 10?

This is the thread from PD 9 on this same issue http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/19390.page

The answer may be NOTHING, but "I am hopeful"!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 17. 2011 16:38

Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
Did you try placing the Zoom-In effect on the Effects track, with the title on a track above that. You can't place the Zoom-in or Zoom-out effect directly on a title, but you can still use the Effects track to place effects.

I found that using just the Zoom-in effect to zoom in and out or using just the Zoom-out effect to zoom in and out is the easiest to keyframe. If I use the Zoom-in effect to Zoom-in, and then use the Zoom-out effect to zoom out, that the transition from the Zoom-in to the Zoom-out doesn't match up.

Of course if you have a background, then you will have another problem: the background will also zoom in and out. Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
anywhereanytime [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Of course if you have a background, then you will have another problem: the background will also zoom in and out.

Thanks, I have tried that and yes, I have a background to contend with.

Scott
del23 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 13, 2010 10:44 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
This is quoted from captain
"Using your idea, Kevin, is great [size=9](unless you want the title to appear over something else)."

In this case I would produce my title track sequence seperately to a video file and then bring it back into the project and place it on a higher numbered Video Track and then place the "Zoom In" Effect directly on the produced Title Track. This way the title could Zoom In on top of a nother video clip.
anywhereanytime [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: This is quoted from captain
"Using your idea, Kevin, is great [size=9](unless you want the title to appear over something else)."

In this case I would produce my title track sequence seperately to a video file and then bring it back into the project and place it on a higher numbered Video Track and then place the "Zoom In" Effect directly on the produced Title Track. This way the title could Zoom In on top of a nother video clip.

Thanks, but I know this as I started the same thread in the PD 9 forums ... my question is, can it be added by throough the NEW third party plug-in capability.

I still can't figure out WHY every competitng product has tiltle Zoom IN/Zoom Out and something as feature rich as PD 10 missed it in version 9 and AGAIN in version 10 !!!
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I still can't figure out WHY every competitng product has tiltle Zoom IN/Zoom Out and something as feature rich as PD 10 missed it in version 9 and AGAIN in version 10 !!!

Agreed.
Not withstanding the fact that there are several viable workarounds to achieve a simple text zoom. The fact that CL took the time to program and include 60 pre-set annimation properties in PD's Title Designer, yet omitted a simple straight forward text zoom, does indeed seem odd.

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips