Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hi YNLExposure.,

PowerDVD is a player and supports many formats including ISO files.

Greetings,
Hicham

Understand. My question is about PowerDVD Copy, a different software app from CyberLink.
Can PowerDVD Copy make an ISO file on computer that can be copied multiple times?
All of a sudden I can't open FULL SCREEN on my 4K 32in screen. I also have a Dell 30 in 1080 screen where it opens correctly. i used to be able to drag window to 4K and open it no problem. I just updated my Nvidia drivers (after the problem began) to ensure that was not it.

Never had an issue like this

Intel Core i7 Processor 5920k @3.5GHz

ASUS Rampage V Extreme 2011 v3 socket

Kingston Hyperx DDR4 RAM 32GB 2133 CL14

GeForce GTX 1080 TI

850 Watt PSU
??

Yes, during burning 1080 60p BD, I don't use acceleration. It plays perfectly in PS4...............except for background music.
Jeff,

Yes, I've been able to PRODUCE a 1920x1080 60p with hardware acceleration, then use that file in a new project to burn a BluRay at 1080 60p without acceleration. It burns really fast and I get a great picture. So thanks for that tip, looks a lot better than 1080i.

I've been figuring out my new workflow since I started using a new Panasonic AG-DVX200 4k camera. I get 3840x2160 at 60fps, which looks amazing on my 32" 4K monitor. I use Handbrake to generate 1080 for uploading to HUDL (high school sports video exchange) and to use for editing in PD15. Then substitute the same named 3840 clips back into the project folder and reopen the project. Produce m2ts at 1080p............then burn to BluRay 1080p.

I'm not sure if I'm getting 4:4:4 1080p from my 4:2:0 4K but it really does look sharper/better than standard 4:2:0 1080p.

Now I've burned enough BluRay mistakes that I have a working system, only thing missing is background music during menu selection. It's a nice touch I like but not a gamestopper.

Learned another aspect in all this when I upload highlights/recruiting videos to YOUTUBE in 4K. Within an hour or so, it is available as 1080p. BUT it takes another 3-4 DAYS to see it in 2160p (4K).

Again, thanks for your insight!
.WAV background music didn't help.

You just can't have background music on a 1080p BluRay, not even the music provided in the PD software.

Cyberlink should not even allow it to be selected until they fix the problem.
Tried BluRay burn from m2ts to H.264, 1920 x 1080/60p as I did with the above burns.

This time tried the DTS sound encoding at 5.1 Channels.

The background music, built in version (Sports.wma) still fades in and out but the soundtrack in the m2ts video plays perfectly.

Will try a .wav file for background music.

If that fails..............silence is golden.
Even built in music has the problem. The sound is great on the PRODUCED version. It's when I burn to BluRay that it has a problem, not just musice.

Sound will start perfecting, then in 15-20 sec it will break up (off and on), then go silent for maybe 30 seconds. Then repeat the process, good-stutter-silent, over and over.

When I burn the BluRay it has been set to Dolby Digital & 2 Channels. I haven't tried LPCM or DTS.

Tried LPCM, that gave me a disk with NO SOUND.
Ok, iClooPlayer, free version works well on HD and below video. It chokes on UHD. A perfected version, including the viewing of UHD, is what Cyberlink needs!
I am very confident reverse slo mo and reverse frame by frame are possible. I am investigating iClooPlayer that claims to do it as a free download.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtILUZzMrX4

If they can accomplish this in a simple way, a $70 product could do it well.

I understand the PD editor can do this, I own it. But for quick viewing of any clip or a set of 160 clips from a game, this must be provided in a player.

I think Cyberlink needs to perfect and incorporate these features.
I have and use PD, now 15.

I am looking for a player, that anyone could use, not just those that understand a video editor.

I'm not a programmer so maybe I don't understand what the difference is frame by frame with different FPS. To me a frame is a frame. Currently, PowerDVD lets me go frame by frame forward even with UHD at 60 fps. What it doesn't let me do is go frame by frame in reverse and no slow motion forward and backward. This might have some design/programming difficulties but I can't believe it's impossible.

These are the controls needed, that work with any video:

fast reverse, norm reverse, slow reverse, play, slow forward, norm forward, fast forward

Pretty simple concept, maybe not a simple execution? Possible execution but maybe not a CyberLink choice?
Thanks Hicham.

I'll try to deativate the hardware acceleration and play with the slow motion controls.

What would be best for my needs..........set the slow motion speed you want forward and backward. Then have buttons from left to right: fast reverse, norm reverse, slow reverse, play, slow forward, norm forward, fast forward

Even though this is perfection for sport videos, I would think many/most would enjoy/benefit from such a feature.
Skips while playing. On Make a Disk UI, lower right, it always starts with 'their' own BACKGROUND music that will play when you first start disk and you decide to PLAY or choose SCENES. It works perfectly when you PREVIEW before burning.

I've always used MP3 with no issues both on the timeline and also as replacement BACKGROUND music.

I'll try WAV with next 1080p BluRay and see if it helps.
Quote:
1) Simply "Produce" your entire timeline to the same exact format and bitrate of the BD burn profile you intend to use. During this "Produce" operation you can enable the GPU for encoding to take advantage of it's speed as you desire
2) Bring the produced file from item 1 back into the timeline of a new project, scrub through and add chapters as desired, no other editing
3) Go to "Create Disc" module and configure your BD burn with the same format and container specs as your "Produced" file. Behind the scene, the PD burn process will use CL SVRT technology as the entire timeline matches the same video specifications of the BD burn so no encoding of the timeline will be done. One just has the menu creation time and the burn time, no additional encode time. For this to function, do not select the use of hardware encoding on the "Create Disc" control panel.

My experience is the BD disc will playback and scrub as you desire.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff! This worked well for the video portion, got 1080p, looks great on BluRay and the final BluRay build/burn went pretty quickly. Only one problem..........the background music stops and starts while previewing options on Top Menu and Scene Selection Menu. I deleted the built in music and add a 40 sec track of my own, as I've always done. Never been a problem before. I just left it on Dolby Digital/2 Channels. Any ideas on how to modify?

Thanks again!
Thanks. I just downloaded the 30 day trial. It's ok, doesn't seem worth $70.

No slow motion/regular motion in reverse. Has troubles with UHD files...........but at least it does play them and provide frame by frame Forward.

For $70, it should do it all smoothly and for even 4K files.

The search continues.....................
Googled awhile and not finding yes/no on controls.

Viewing mp4, 1080p and UHD files in folder.

Need forward/reverse and slow motion forward/reverse as well as frame by frame. Are these included?

Thanks!
Thanks for the screen shot....................I have been Enabling hardware video encoder.

Will have to try a disk without and see if I get a playable version.

Will it take longer?

Thanks again!
I'm looking at the Create Disk GUI but don't see any option to "Enable hardware video encoder" for disk burning. Back on the Produce page, that is a possibility.

I do have two GTX 970's (not in SLI for PD-13)

From what I can find, 1080p at 60fps is pretty tough for PS4 or XBOXOne. And of course they aren't playing 4k BluRay yet either.

Having dove into the 4K pool and finally learned that 1080 as sold to consumers for video cameras is really 4:2:0 or 1/4 the data and therefore lessor resolution................I'm not surprised they aren't delivering true full HD at 60fps.

Luckily downscaled 4K makes a nicer looking 1080 whether I do it with PD, Pr Pro, Adobe AE OR let the player display a 4K on my 1080 computer monitor.

Thank you for your responses.
I misspoke.

I've been able to burn MP4 at 1080 60i and view on PS4 or XBOX One.

When I burn H264 at 1080 60p it only plays SOUND on PS4 and displays 0x91d7000d error on XBOX One.

When I view 1080 60p BluRay on computer, it will play the m2ts file just fine and looks great.

Will have to try and Produce a UHD at 60p for 4K TV through computer HDMI 2.0 port.

Or find a player that will play the H264 2160 60p through HDMI.
Quote:
Not sure I get the question, PD13 and PD15 both support 1080p as the best for a BD burn. PD13 pic attached.

Jeff

I'll have to retry. I couldn't get it to burn the .264 and always went MPEG4.
Go to: