Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 15 and BluRay
YNLExposure
Member Location: Nevada Joined: Sep 25, 2011 18:14 Messages: 65 Offline
[Post New]
Skips while playing. On Make a Disk UI, lower right, it always starts with 'their' own BACKGROUND music that will play when you first start disk and you decide to PLAY or choose SCENES. It works perfectly when you PREVIEW before burning.

I've always used MP3 with no issues both on the timeline and also as replacement BACKGROUND music.

I'll try WAV with next 1080p BluRay and see if it helps.
YNLExposure
[Post New]
Even built in music has the problem. The sound is great on the PRODUCED version. It's when I burn to BluRay that it has a problem, not just musice.

Sound will start perfecting, then in 15-20 sec it will break up (off and on), then go silent for maybe 30 seconds. Then repeat the process, good-stutter-silent, over and over.

When I burn the BluRay it has been set to Dolby Digital & 2 Channels. I haven't tried LPCM or DTS.

Tried LPCM, that gave me a disk with NO SOUND.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 02. 2016 19:15

YNLExposure
[Post New]
Tried BluRay burn from m2ts to H.264, 1920 x 1080/60p as I did with the above burns.

This time tried the DTS sound encoding at 5.1 Channels.

The background music, built in version (Sports.wma) still fades in and out but the soundtrack in the m2ts video plays perfectly.

Will try a .wav file for background music.

If that fails..............silence is golden.
YNLExposure
[Post New]
.WAV background music didn't help.

You just can't have background music on a 1080p BluRay, not even the music provided in the PD software.

Cyberlink should not even allow it to be selected until they fix the problem.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Couldn't agree more. It really needs some detailed code scrubbing to make it more robust. As many have pointed out, these are long outstanding issues that have plagued users for many releases. I've not had the sound skip issues you have had with BD burns.

Did you ever do the CPU encode as suggested several posts back to see if that plays back correctly on your player. From my experience it appears some/all these issues appear to be player brand specific to some degree as well. From what I've noticed, CPU encoding often levels the field some with better playback success on standalone players.

Jeff
YNLExposure
[Post New]
Jeff,

Yes, I've been able to PRODUCE a 1920x1080 60p with hardware acceleration, then use that file in a new project to burn a BluRay at 1080 60p without acceleration. It burns really fast and I get a great picture. So thanks for that tip, looks a lot better than 1080i.

I've been figuring out my new workflow since I started using a new Panasonic AG-DVX200 4k camera. I get 3840x2160 at 60fps, which looks amazing on my 32" 4K monitor. I use Handbrake to generate 1080 for uploading to HUDL (high school sports video exchange) and to use for editing in PD15. Then substitute the same named 3840 clips back into the project folder and reopen the project. Produce m2ts at 1080p............then burn to BluRay 1080p.

I'm not sure if I'm getting 4:4:4 1080p from my 4:2:0 4K but it really does look sharper/better than standard 4:2:0 1080p.

Now I've burned enough BluRay mistakes that I have a working system, only thing missing is background music during menu selection. It's a nice touch I like but not a gamestopper.

Learned another aspect in all this when I upload highlights/recruiting videos to YOUTUBE in 4K. Within an hour or so, it is available as 1080p. BUT it takes another 3-4 DAYS to see it in 2160p (4K).

Again, thanks for your insight!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Jeff,

Yes, I've been able to PRODUCE a 1920x1080 60p with hardware acceleration, then use that file in a new project to burn a BluRay at 1080 60p without acceleration. It burns really fast and I get a great picture. So thanks for that tip, looks a lot better than 1080i.

Not exactly, I had asked earlier
Quote: Your PS4 symptom sounds like you may have a Nvidia GPU and used "Enable hardware video encoder" on the bottom of the burn dialog when making the BD. If this is a correct assumption, I'd simply try unchecking this feature and using the default CPU encoding to burn a BD and try again in the PS4.

The approach of using the CPU for all encoding tasks often results in the most success with proper playback. Was just curious if that provided a non skip BD playback audio version for you.

The other multi step approach that was outlined essentially utilized GPU encoding during produce and SVRT during create disc.

Jeff
YNLExposure
[Post New]
??

Yes, during burning 1080 60p BD, I don't use acceleration. It plays perfectly in PS4...............except for background music.