Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 15 and BluRay
YNLExposure
Member Location: Nevada Joined: Sep 25, 2011 18:14 Messages: 65 Offline
[Post New]
I currently have PD-13 and the best quality offered for burning BluRay is 1080i. Can a PD-15 owner tell me if it now allows 1080p or better?

As long as I'm asking..................does PD-15 block the use of GeForce Experience?

I just started using a UHD camcorder, up from a 1080i. Any comments on PD-15 and editing/producing 3840 X 2160 or true 4k?

Thanks!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I currently have PD-13 and the best quality offered for burning BluRay is 1080i. Can a PD-15 owner tell me if it now allows 1080p or better?

Not sure I get the question, PD13 and PD15 both support 1080p as the best for a BD burn. PD13 pic attached.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD13_60pBD.png]
 Filename
PD13_60pBD.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
373 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
72 time(s)
YNLExposure
[Post New]
Quote:
Not sure I get the question, PD13 and PD15 both support 1080p as the best for a BD burn. PD13 pic attached.

Jeff

I'll have to retry. I couldn't get it to burn the .264 and always went MPEG4.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
I'll have to retry. I couldn't get it to burn the .264 and always went MPEG4.

Nothing should say MPEG4 in the create disc area for a BD. If by chance you meant MPEG-2, yes 1080p is not supported there. Change the format in create disc to H.264 and the 1080p should be available. PD will flash a warning about compatibility, not all standalone players supported this format when new, of those some may have a firmware upgrade to add capability.

Jeff
YNLExposure
[Post New]
I misspoke.

I've been able to burn MP4 at 1080 60i and view on PS4 or XBOX One.

When I burn H264 at 1080 60p it only plays SOUND on PS4 and displays 0x91d7000d error on XBOX One.

When I view 1080 60p BluRay on computer, it will play the m2ts file just fine and looks great.

Will have to try and Produce a UHD at 60p for 4K TV through computer HDMI 2.0 port.

Or find a player that will play the H264 2160 60p through HDMI.
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Your PS4 symptom sounds like you may have a Nvidia GPU and used "Enable hardware video encoder" on the bottom of the burn dialog when making the BD. If this is a correct assumption, I'd simply try unchecking this feature and using the default CPU encoding to burn a BD and try again in the PS4. Otherways around this "feature" but unchecking is the easiest way to test. I'm unsure on the XBOX One, I have no direct experience there.

Jeff
YNLExposure
[Post New]
I'm looking at the Create Disk GUI but don't see any option to "Enable hardware video encoder" for disk burning. Back on the Produce page, that is a possibility.

I do have two GTX 970's (not in SLI for PD-13)

From what I can find, 1080p at 60fps is pretty tough for PS4 or XBOXOne. And of course they aren't playing 4k BluRay yet either.

Having dove into the 4K pool and finally learned that 1080 as sold to consumers for video cameras is really 4:2:0 or 1/4 the data and therefore lessor resolution................I'm not surprised they aren't delivering true full HD at 60fps.

Luckily downscaled 4K makes a nicer looking 1080 whether I do it with PD, Pr Pro, Adobe AE OR let the player display a 4K on my 1080 computer monitor.

Thank you for your responses.
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
The attached pic shows the option, make sure it's not selected.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD13_BD_Nvidia.png]
 Filename
PD13_BD_Nvidia.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
810 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
76 time(s)
YNLExposure
[Post New]
Thanks for the screen shot....................I have been Enabling hardware video encoder.

Will have to try a disk without and see if I get a playable version.

Will it take longer?

Thanks again!
dhnj [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 30, 2010 11:14 Messages: 55 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks for the screen shot....................I have been Enabling hardware video encoder.

Will have to try a disk without and see if I get a playable version.

Will it take longer?

Thanks again!

Hi

I am now testing Power Director 15 Trial Version.When I try to make a 1080p/50 DiscBlu-ray without Hardware video encoding in Creat DiscI get the following error as shown below:

The H.264 video encoding format is not supported in the trial version.If ypur computer doesn't support hardware video encoding. You can only use MPEG-2 video encoding format to burn the Blu-ray Disc.

1080p is not supported with MPEG-2, but only 1080i.

I need to test a 1080p/50 DiscBlu-ray without Hardware video encoding,as I have found that PD15 with Hardware video encoding is not compatible with my 2 playback devices (PS3 & BD-C6900)
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
YNLExposure:

You mentioned GeForce Experience. This has caused problems for many users who have nVidia graphics cards. It is recommended that you uninstall this program. It is installed by default when you update your nVidia drivers, unless you do a custom update. Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
dhnj,

If you need to test the full PD15, you can purchase it and return it within 30 days for a full refund, with no questions asked. Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
blasiusxx [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 12, 2011 09:44 Messages: 330 Offline
[Post New]
If you create a H.264 BDMV Bluray Disc WITH Hardware EN-coding on basicly a Nvidia GTX 960,970,980,1060,1070 or 1080 ,than the created Disc has the "playback loop error".

With all Geforce Drivers.

You cant use fast forward or rewind anymore, nor skip to next chapter, the playback always runs from the beginning.

Play with all Software and Hardware Players, with all the same issue.

Confirmed by Cyberlink RD. But no other Solution, only turn off the Hardware EN-coding to Create BlurayDisc with Geforce Graphics.

This costs much of speed creating BluRay Discs.

This Bug exists since PowerDirector 13.

I can't understand, why they didn't fix this big bug.
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: If you create a H.264 BDMV Bluray Disc WITH Hardware EN-coding on basicly a Nvidia GTX 960,970,980,1060,1070 or 1080 ,than the created Disc has the "playback loop error".

You cant use fast forward or rewind anymore, nor skip to next chapter, the playback always runs from the beginning.

Confirmed by Cyberlink RD. But no other Solution, only turn off the Hardware EN-coding to Create BlurayDisc with Geforce Graphics.

That is correct, I experience the same, not sure why these things are not corrected either release after release.

As a work around, so you maintain the speed of your encoding GPU but not have the BD playback issue, the following work flow works for me. Yes it is extra steps and shouldn't be this way, however, one must work within the constraints of PD.

1) Simply "Produce" your entire timeline to the same exact format and bitrate of the BD burn profile you intend to use. During this "Produce" operation you can enable the GPU for encoding to take advantage of it's speed as you desire
2) Bring the produced file from item 1 back into the timeline of a new project, scrub through and add chapters as desired, no other editing
3) Go to "Create Disc" module and configure your BD burn with the same format and container specs as your "Produced" file. Behind the scene, the PD burn process will use CL SVRT technology as the entire timeline matches the same video specifications of the BD burn so no encoding of the timeline will be done. One just has the menu creation time and the burn time, no additional encode time. For this to function, do not select the use of hardware encoding on the "Create Disc" control panel.

My experience is the BD disc will playback and scrub as you desire.

Jeff
blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
i know this solution.

Two steps instead of one.

But how you put in the "Produced Film" in the timleine your transitions at the beginning of every basicly single clip ?! Especially, if the complete film consists 40 or more "single" Streams ?! This is a "hard work" to do this exaclty manually in the timeline. Thats very complicated. If you would set a chapter from a beginning of every single clip, it's complicated, too.

This is purely frustrating, have tried this and give it up. Now i Use the slower integrated Intel HD530, instead of GTX1060.

Cyberlink should do their "homework" and fix finally this bug, which extends over 3 Generations of PowerDirector Family. !

Okay, BTT.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 22. 2016 12:51

JATT222 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 22, 2016 07:36 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: If you create a H.264 BDMV Bluray Disc WITH Hardware EN-coding on basicly a Nvidia GTX 960,970,980,1060,1070 or 1080 ,than the created Disc has the "playback loop error".

Yes I agree with you regarding bug fixes in the current versions of PD!! Why can't they fix the bugs that exist BEFORE they launch out to make other capabilities--- such as 360 degree editing, etc??

I have been waiting for PD 15 for a long time (Expecting some great improvement, not so!) and now have a trial version and have compared it with PD 14! I am sorry to say that I am not impressed at all with the results of testing PD 15. Nothing has changed with regards to the mentioned bugs re disc burning problems/options!

My biggest gripe with the disc burning options, (Besides the bugs) is to do with the DVD disc burning options---or lack of! The only options for DVD disc burning are---"DVD-Video"---"MPEG-2"---"HQ-BEST QUALITY"---or, "SMART FIT"!! Smart fit should be replaced with the option to "Customize" the DVD settings to what one requires, as reducing a video using "Smart Fit", tends to to reduce the "frame rate"---and that is a no no!! and there is no way of knowing of what the property attributes of a DVD is going to be---until after it is burnt! TOO Late, Just not good enough!! It's Me!
YNLExposure
[Post New]
Quote:
1) Simply "Produce" your entire timeline to the same exact format and bitrate of the BD burn profile you intend to use. During this "Produce" operation you can enable the GPU for encoding to take advantage of it's speed as you desire
2) Bring the produced file from item 1 back into the timeline of a new project, scrub through and add chapters as desired, no other editing
3) Go to "Create Disc" module and configure your BD burn with the same format and container specs as your "Produced" file. Behind the scene, the PD burn process will use CL SVRT technology as the entire timeline matches the same video specifications of the BD burn so no encoding of the timeline will be done. One just has the menu creation time and the burn time, no additional encode time. For this to function, do not select the use of hardware encoding on the "Create Disc" control panel.

My experience is the BD disc will playback and scrub as you desire.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff! This worked well for the video portion, got 1080p, looks great on BluRay and the final BluRay build/burn went pretty quickly. Only one problem..........the background music stops and starts while previewing options on Top Menu and Scene Selection Menu. I deleted the built in music and add a 40 sec track of my own, as I've always done. Never been a problem before. I just left it on Dolby Digital/2 Channels. Any ideas on how to modify?

Thanks again!
blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
This ONLY ONE "Solution" didn't work anymore for me since PD15.

If i create a Blu Ray Disc with or without Geforce Hardware Encoding, the "Loop Bug" always exists. Can't select chapter, can't skip nor use Fast Forward or Rewind. Created Disk always runs from beginning.

In PD14 the "Loop Bug" only exists, if GPU Encoding was "On" in creating a BD.

This means FOR ME, that Geforce and PD15 are not a "good team" anymore.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 25. 2016 18:20

JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Thanks Jeff! This worked well for the video portion, got 1080p, looks great on BluRay and the final BluRay build/burn went pretty quickly. Only one problem..........the background music stops and starts while previewing options on Top Menu and Scene Selection Menu. I deleted the built in music and add a 40 sec track of my own, as I've always done. Never been a problem before. I just left it on Dolby Digital/2 Channels. Any ideas on how to modify?

What do you mean by the music stops and starts? Does this mean it skips while playing? Or, just stops part way through playing and starts from the beginning again? Are you by chance talking the "Playback mode" and the "Auto menu time out" feature with the duration setting?

If your music is mp3 based, I'd convert it to WAV for any future efforts just to rule the common mp3 issue out.

Jeff
YNLExposure
[Post New]
Skips while playing. On Make a Disk UI, lower right, it always starts with 'their' own BACKGROUND music that will play when you first start disk and you decide to PLAY or choose SCENES. It works perfectly when you PREVIEW before burning.

I've always used MP3 with no issues both on the timeline and also as replacement BACKGROUND music.

I'll try WAV with next 1080p BluRay and see if it helps.