Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for your reply Nina.

But no, that's not exactly what I was after. I could just as easily do a text screen and drag it down, as compared to making it opaque as a watermark.

BUT...the idea is the same...once I was through with editing some fx (a blurring one) there was no way I could do the above. PD simply would not let me do it.

I had to go all the way through producing it, then reloading it back into PD, THEN adding the text track. My question was wondering why it wouldn't simply let me insert the text track after all that work, since the text track field was open and could've accepted it.
Thanks everyone for your responses.

And I wasn't intending to attack you (moderator) directly...to the other poster, I absolutely do understand the definition of hijacking, hence my copy/paste of the post.

Although not "obnoxious," it was very inconvenient. My main points were only two: That I was staying on topic to the OP, and that it's good to keep the threads open regardless because I actually found it via an internet search (Yahoo). In locking it, it will surely at some point drop from the engine and that will only serve to hurt others who are looking for the fix via a search.

Anyway, very good forum, thanks everyone for the answers.
Quote: The tutorial on creating a Censor Blur.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE_pbBhTl1I

The updated version for PD 9 and later.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgzRPcNKFgo

It looks like what I need, thanks for your response, much appreciated. I'll chime back in if I have any trouble.
I found a great tutorial on youtube showing how to blur a moving face/head, but it does not work when I try it. I use the blur effect, and it works great by staying stationary, but does not move with the subject even if I re-set the blur spot at the end of the split clip.

Thanks.
Is there a way to add text, such as a subtitle or watermark type of effect, after I've used a blur effect?

Must be some way to do this without having to produce and then reload the whole video, as I just had to do.
The below is cut/pasted from another thread. The moderator claims at the bottom that I was "hijacking" the thread, even tho my question was squarely on topic, and then no answer was given, an obnoxious way to handle the post Mr. Bevan.

So I'm both inserting the same title, and pasting the same question, verbatim. I ask kindly that no one "hijack" my thread and post any related answers that might actually be helpful, thanks. Or, please DO post answers that might help me, to make this a more user-friendly experience for someone who's been paying for PowerDirector for years and needs assistance using it, since the online tutorials are woefully inadequate.

As a side note, the thread shows up in search engine quires, so keeping the threads active and unlocked will only serve to actually HELP users of the product that are searching for answers, that may or may not be available in this forum.

[Post New]02/05/2014 01:13:07 Subject: Re:frame rate error [Up]
Dafydd Bevan - SoftDeko

Senior Contributor
[Avatar]

Timvids wrote:Guys at cyberlink, this is an error you must fix. It is a waste of time for people who are just trying to use the software to deal with, having spent an hour on this as is.

I too am receiving the prompt, after install of my latest upgrade ordered last December. If we are going to get a prompt telling us that the 23.976 does not match the 29.97 then a a push-button option should be given immediately to enable the user to have the software adjust the issue. When following the prompt instructions, it left me nowhere, since the options given are not exact (I can't set any field under settings to "23.976") and a newbie is not going to understand what the best option is to ensure highest quality output during the editing and production phase.

I still do not understand what to do, but based on this thread, I will be ignoring the prompt. My current timeline frame rate setting is at 30 FPS, which I will have to ASSUME is sufficient (please someone let me know) BUT, *it was already set to this when I went in to attempt to change it to the exact setting the prompt was suggesting*. So if it was already set to this, and it's the best option, WHY am I being prompted?

I would appreciate someone chiming in and letting me know I'm good. If so, I will turn the prompt off. But please take note that the vast majority of users are not techies...we use the software and get great results, but these kinds of pop-ups do nothing but frustrate us when there is nothing we can do about it anyway, *especially when the instructions given do not correlate to the options provided when the instructions are executed*. THAT is extremely annoying, and is a waste of user's time.

I also choose WMV 9 Full HD 1920x1080/30p as my output. I want the highest quality possible from my Canon Powershot SX50HS, if this is not optimal, please let me know. The finished product looked fine, but I want the best output, so if another is better I'm all ears.

Thanks.

Hi Timvids,
Rather than hijack another member's thread with your enquiry, please re-post as a new topic and reference the contents made previously by members. You have raise a number of interesting issues and I'm sure members will assist you when you've posted again. Please reference the guide here: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29698.page
Thread closed.
Forum Moderator
Guys at cyberlink, this is an error you must fix. It is a waste of time for people who are just trying to use the software to deal with, having spent an hour on this as is.

I too am receiving the prompt, after install of my latest upgrade ordered last December. If we are going to get a prompt telling us that the 23.976 does not match the 29.97 then a a push-button option should be given immediately to enable the user to have the software adjust the issue. When following the prompt instructions, it left me nowhere, since the options given are not exact (I can't set any field under settings to "23.976") and a newbie is not going to understand what the best option is to ensure highest quality output during the editing and production phase.

I still do not understand what to do, but based on this thread, I will be ignoring the prompt. My current timeline frame rate setting is at 30 FPS, which I will have to ASSUME is sufficient (please someone let me know) BUT, *it was already set to this when I went in to attempt to change it to the exact setting the prompt was suggesting*. So if it was already set to this, and it's the best option, WHY am I being prompted?

I would appreciate someone chiming in and letting me know I'm good. If so, I will turn the prompt off. But please take note that the vast majority of users are not techies...we use the software and get great results, but these kinds of pop-ups do nothing but frustrate us when there is nothing we can do about it anyway, *especially when the instructions given do not correlate to the options provided when the instructions are executed*. THAT is extremely annoying, and is a waste of user's time.

I also choose WMV 9 Full HD 1920x1080/30p as my output. I want the highest quality possible from my Canon Powershot SX50HS, if this is not optimal, please let me know. The finished product looked fine, but I want the best output, so if another is better I'm all ears.

Thanks.

Hey Tony, etc...

I'm back and using a new Canon camera that gives me 1080p video, the PowerShot SX230 HS...

Is there a better setting than the Standard we discussed below? I realized I'd better ask before I bother rendering.

Thanks a bunch........Tim
I DID...before I checked into here (I realized I should've came here first, but just hit produce and let it run while I did other things).

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH.

It was your first posting and the numbers...the 1280x720...that rang a bell from using Pinnacle Studio, and the Standard WORKED.

You have no idea how happy I am. Cuz I REALLY liked this software a lot.

You can bet I'll be keeping it.

I'm also going to likely get the newest Canon in the same line, the updated version of what I have...I will be a little concerned about which format I can then use, but I'll just bug you to help me again.

I have an online fat loss program that helps people a great deal. My own development. Also helps with health problems and chronic pain.

Please let me know if you'd like a copy of it, 3 ebooks and a month's worth of videos, or if you have any pain issues with joints, prostate issues, energy issues, please let me know. I'm well-versed in these areas and have been told I can be very helpful. I'd be happy to assist in exchange for what you've provided here, I really appreciate your time.

I'll watch for your response, and thank-you-thank-you, you and Jaime for your efforts here!!

Tim
P.S. My original video, I believe, is in "MOV"...it then used to be exported into AVI for use in my Pinnacle Studio, which then converted to WMV.

Was a pain.

It was great to simply copy and paste those original videos and plug them right into PD; if I can resolve this problem, I'm going to be one happy camper. And unfortunately if I can't resolve it, I"ll have no use for the software.
If I understand what you're saying...you're going over my head just a bit here and there...I think that is why I need to try the HD "Standard" option. Hoping that will get me where I'm trying to go.

I'm just using a small Canon PowerShot SD 1400 IS.

Gives me all the quality I need, but I am ready to buy a new camera.

I am going to try it this afternoon again.

And I am getting email links here, which is great.

Thanks again for the assistance, I'll let you know what happens this afternoon............Tim
HEY, P.S.!...

I just looked at the first reply, and I recall in Pinnacle Studio that the "Standard" option you list above IS the format I was using.

This gives me something to hope for...I will opt for that tomorrow morning.

But is it realistic to think that will resolve this?

I will also reference the Canon model next time, it's not with me now.

Thanks so much for your time, you're doin' a good deed here!
Hi again folks,

I did manage to easily import the raw file without having to convert it which was awesome...BUT...it didn't work.

Aspect ratio is still changing on it's own.

I am using Widnows Media Video 9 HD High Quality option.

I am open to suggestions.

I absolutely love this software...it was super-user-friendly, didn't even TOUCH the user guide, had only a minor thing to figure out or two (coming from Pinnacle Studio usage) and then to get all the way to producing the project, and have this happen...

SO disappointing, but I'm hanging on hoping someone has another suggestion.

I have things I have to tend to...I will be back tomorrow morning. It's a shame the company does not have simple chat support, but I'm pleased with the forum's quick responses.

Thanks so much and PLEEZE HELP. I depend on these video productions for business purposes, this is not for pleasure!

Tim
Thank you so much for your time.

It never occurred to me that I would not need to convert beforehand...which would make things MUCH better for me, since I avoid degrading.

Lemme give it a try first, and again, thanks...I'll report back.

Tim
Hi folks,

Took me forever to get here, about a half an hour just to find a forum I could post in, very frustrating.

I was loving this software until the rendering stage. I shoot with a HD Canon, have to switch the MOV into AVI format and edit it in the software.

Then when rendering, I choose the WMV format for youtube uploads. Chose one of the HD options (avoiding the "FULL" one, because I was concerned it would change the aspect ratio) and no matter what I do, about four different renderings now, the aspect ratio gets messed up every time...squashes the screen, making everything taller and skinnier than it should be.

Please help. I need resolution to this else I'll have to return the software.

All I want is SO easy: to record with my camera, and convert it into the highest quality I can manage, considering all the format changing that is going on. The Windows Movie Maker does this for me just fine, it just lacks all the bells and whistles of this software.

Anyone can answer by just telling me the proper settings in the rendering stage. I always save it to my desktop.

Tried the mpeg-4 by the way (I believe that's what it's called) and I then couldn't even open it, and on top of that, the file was gargantuan. I want to avoid that. WMV is fine for my final format.

Thanks so much. Be interesting to see if I can ever find my way back here once answers are posted, but I do have email prompts that will hopefully help me. I found another forum, but found no way to post to it...frustrating!!!
Go to: