Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
frame rate error
Vincent.s [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2013 06:03 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I test PD12 and I have a problem with frame racte conflict.
When I put clip to timeline show me pop-up with information about frame rate conflict.
My video have a 119fps, project have a 30fps and I cann't find when I must change project setting for 119fps.
In preferences maximum has a 60fps.

I test my clip in slow-mo and is a terrible. Clip has a 119fps and for slow-mo function should not be a problem. When I slow clip show me multi frames, does not look like slow-mo effect.

Can You tell me something about this?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Where did you get a video with 119 fps? What game console and how are you capturing the video?

If you were the originator, please see if you can upload a short (5 seconds or less) video directly from the source. We will play with it to see what we get.

The frame rate should not be that high. If you are using a Hauppauge capture device, one poster said that the newer driver is the problem. Contact the capture device manufacturer to see if they have a solution.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 21. 2013 07:57

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
wh7262
Member Location: Carrollton, TX Joined: Apr 25, 2011 10:07 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
I too am getting a 'Time Frame Rate Conflict' with a video having a frame rate of 29.97FPS even though the 'Timeline frame Rate' is set to 30 FPS (NTSC) in General Preference. What I did was to use a video converter and re-convert the video clip.

I did several conversion and the files were saved as a .mp4, .mov, and .avi files. Now having no more popup errors of 'Time Frame Rate Conflict' after converting the video clip. Hope the attached video clip can be of some help.
 Filename
Converted.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
Converting Time Rate Errors to None
 Filesize
2556 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
494 time(s)
Thanks,
Bill in Texas

PD-12, PD-14 and PD15 is installed on this iMAC computer under BootCamp, and PD's are running great:
DxDiag Info:
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
System Model: iMac11,2
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 550 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4022MB RAM
Page File: 2031MB used, 6010MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

PD-12 PowerDirector Ultra: 12.0.3403.0

PD-14 PowerDirector Ultra: 14.0.1728.0
SR numbers: VDE14

PD-15 Power Director Ultra
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
wh7262,

I and others usually ignore that message. I turn that error message off in the Preferences. In my opinion- Conflicts of this sort is meaningless since when you Produce you are rendering to a set output frame rate that you choose.

So re-encoding with another prgm to match what's on the timeline is double work for no gain.
I mix n Match different frame rates all the time and I don't see any degradation after I Produce.

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: wh7262,

I and others usually ignore that message. I turn that error message off in the Preferences. In my opinion- Conflicts of this sort is meaningless since when you Produce you are rendering to a set output frame rate that you choose.

So re-encoding with another prgm to match what's on the timeline is double work for no gain.
I mix n Match different frame rates all the time and I don't see any degradation after I Produce.
Rob

Me to.
Dafydd

Quote: I test PD12 and I have a problem with frame racte conflict.
When I put clip to timeline show me pop-up with information about frame rate conflict.
My video have a 119fps, project have a 30fps and I cann't find when I must change project setting for 119fps.
In preferences maximum has a 60fps.

I test my clip in slow-mo and is a terrible. Clip has a 119fps and for slow-mo function should not be a problem. When I slow clip show me multi frames, does not look like slow-mo effect.

Can You tell me something about this?

Quote: Where did you get a video with 119 fps? What game console and how are you capturing the video?

If you were the originator, please see if you can upload a short (5 seconds or less) video directly from the source. We will play with it to see what we get.

The frame rate should not be that high. If you are using a Hauppauge capture device, one poster said that the newer driver is the problem. Contact the capture device manufacturer to see if they have a solution.

You are recording to a high frame rate. Gamer screen captures will result in large bulky bitrated files that may prove difficult for your computer to handle/edit.

Dafydd
wh7262
Member Location: Carrollton, TX Joined: Apr 25, 2011 10:07 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the advise about turning the error message off in the Preferences, never even thought about about checking the Preferences list. Old fart's mind in action, well maybe not that much action. Again Thanks.

Since I was not doing a Gaming capture, I was thinking I too had done something wrong while doing a screen capture as well.

Thanks,
Bill in Texas

PD-12, PD-14 and PD15 is installed on this iMAC computer under BootCamp, and PD's are running great:
DxDiag Info:
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
System Model: iMac11,2
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 550 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4022MB RAM
Page File: 2031MB used, 6010MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

PD-12 PowerDirector Ultra: 12.0.3403.0

PD-14 PowerDirector Ultra: 14.0.1728.0
SR numbers: VDE14

PD-15 Power Director Ultra
jimbojr [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 08, 2013 15:13 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Still an bug that should be addressed. It's annoying to say the least.
Timvids [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 09, 2011 15:59 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Guys at cyberlink, this is an error you must fix. It is a waste of time for people who are just trying to use the software to deal with, having spent an hour on this as is.

I too am receiving the prompt, after install of my latest upgrade ordered last December. If we are going to get a prompt telling us that the 23.976 does not match the 29.97 then a a push-button option should be given immediately to enable the user to have the software adjust the issue. When following the prompt instructions, it left me nowhere, since the options given are not exact (I can't set any field under settings to "23.976") and a newbie is not going to understand what the best option is to ensure highest quality output during the editing and production phase.

I still do not understand what to do, but based on this thread, I will be ignoring the prompt. My current timeline frame rate setting is at 30 FPS, which I will have to ASSUME is sufficient (please someone let me know) BUT, *it was already set to this when I went in to attempt to change it to the exact setting the prompt was suggesting*. So if it was already set to this, and it's the best option, WHY am I being prompted?

I would appreciate someone chiming in and letting me know I'm good. If so, I will turn the prompt off. But please take note that the vast majority of users are not techies...we use the software and get great results, but these kinds of pop-ups do nothing but frustrate us when there is nothing we can do about it anyway, *especially when the instructions given do not correlate to the options provided when the instructions are executed*. THAT is extremely annoying, and is a waste of user's time.

I also choose WMV 9 Full HD 1920x1080/30p as my output. I want the highest quality possible from my Canon Powershot SX50HS, if this is not optimal, please let me know. The finished product looked fine, but I want the best output, so if another is better I'm all ears.

Thanks.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Guys at cyberlink, this is an error you must fix. It is a waste of time for people who are just trying to use the software to deal with, having spent an hour on this as is.

I too am receiving the prompt, after install of my latest upgrade ordered last December. If we are going to get a prompt telling us that the 23.976 does not match the 29.97 then a a push-button option should be given immediately to enable the user to have the software adjust the issue. When following the prompt instructions, it left me nowhere, since the options given are not exact (I can't set any field under settings to "23.976") and a newbie is not going to understand what the best option is to ensure highest quality output during the editing and production phase.

I still do not understand what to do, but based on this thread, I will be ignoring the prompt. My current timeline frame rate setting is at 30 FPS, which I will have to ASSUME is sufficient (please someone let me know) BUT, *it was already set to this when I went in to attempt to change it to the exact setting the prompt was suggesting*. So if it was already set to this, and it's the best option, WHY am I being prompted?

I would appreciate someone chiming in and letting me know I'm good. If so, I will turn the prompt off. But please take note that the vast majority of users are not techies...we use the software and get great results, but these kinds of pop-ups do nothing but frustrate us when there is nothing we can do about it anyway, *especially when the instructions given do not correlate to the options provided when the instructions are executed*. THAT is extremely annoying, and is a waste of user's time.

I also choose WMV 9 Full HD 1920x1080/30p as my output. I want the highest quality possible from my Canon Powershot SX50HS, if this is not optimal, please let me know. The finished product looked fine, but I want the best output, so if another is better I'm all ears.

Thanks.

Hi Timvids,
Rather than hijack another member's thread with your enquiry, please re-post as a new topic and reference the contents made previously by members. You have raise a number of interesting issues and I'm sure members will assist you when you've posted again. Please reference the guide here: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29698.page
Thread closed.
Forum Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 02. 2014 04:15