Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Because the function keys are not working, i have to capture myself bringing up the app and stopping it from there.
Not a nice ending for my videos.
I do NOT want to have to go thru Power Director to trim the video.

PLease, does anyone know of a solution to this? How to get the function keys to work?
Otherwise, no problems; screen recorder is a GREAT tool.
I noticed that whenever i got this error, i had multiple video files - not all of the same format; eg mpgs and mp4s in the same project. I converted some of the files so they were all the same format and, Voila!

None of the other recommendations ever helped me.

Hope this helps
I am having the exact same problem; and i echo Gil's frustration. What a ridiculous error message; it sounds almost taunting.
Well i learned something, saving the file in Notepad as an SRT was as simple as giving it the SRT extension.

What i did have to do tho was renumber all the entries added in from the second file, to make them consecutive - after the last entry number from first file.

All is well; too tedious tho
Thanks much for your help
Hi Adrian. Thanks for responding...
I had already tried combining the 2 SRT files; I saved the combined files as a TXT file, cause i didn't know how else to save it Power Director didn't like it; i forget what error message it gave me.

The video link you sent was very helpful; i saw there was a way to add a subtitle track - thought that might work; but low and behold, my PD version ( doesn't give me right-click options.

Off to see if i can find out how to work with SRTs and save them as such. If you have any ideas, would love to hear them.

THANKS!

pf

my video is in 2 pieces, and so are the subtitles, one SRT file for each video segment.
I can't see how to add 2 SRT files.
In the subtitles room, i insert the first file; i select the 2nd video (or not, nothing works) and try to import the 2nd SRT file; However PowerDirect won't ADD the SRT - it only allows REPLACE.

Help would be much appreciated.

thanks, pf
Go to: