Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Error Burning DVD - eA000005 & eA001000D
JimmyH [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 03, 2013 17:00 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
PD Version 11.0.0.2812
SR number VDE130411-03
OS Windows 7 SP1, 64 bit
Processor i5-2400S CPU @2.50 Ghz
RAM 6.0 GB
Virus protection AVG
DXDIAG files attached

Hi,

I am having problems burning a DVD-RW. At first I was getting error eA0000005 after reaching about 92% complete. I read through the cyberlink forums and tried the various solutions suggested: restarting PD, uninstall/reinstall PD, updating PD, CCleaner, defrag, shut down other programs, turned off enhancements, deleting/undeleting video tracks, produce then import video, etc. Finally I tracked this error down to a problem with DVD chapters.

Once I clicked "deleted all chapters" I got a new error eA001000D. Even with the error, PD creates a playable DVD, but the video is jerky and has audio/video sync issues. It doesn't seem that I am making headway so I am turning to the forum experts to get more specific advice. BTW, I am able to create a DVD using only a small portion (30 sec) of my original 35 min video.
Thanks for your help

Filename
JimDXDIAG.zip
[Disk]
 Description
DXDIAG Files
 Filesize
15 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
370 time(s)
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Update your video card from the card/chip manufacturer (Intel) you graphics set up is very low end since you only have 64 megs dedicated the rest is shared. Go here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=2nd+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+3000%2f2000

Set your Windows font to 96dpi (100 %).

Do you have your AVG set to NOT scan everything being written to you hard drive?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 03. 2013 18:52

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
JimmyH [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated. Here is the current status:
* Updated driver
* Changed Windows font to 96 dpi (100)%
* Set AVG to exclude directory with my PDS files

With the changes above I am able to burn a DVD with my full length video (after deleting all chapters). Progress!! The video comes out jerky with A/V sync issues. I suppose this is due to my low end graphics card. Can you provide suggestions on a mid-range (i.e. affordable) graphics card, or at least the specs that I need to make high quality DVDs?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jimmy,
A search engine (graphic card review, gpu review etc) will give you a number of review sites for computer hardware.
Here's an example: http://www.gpureview.com/
You need to read up, work out your budget and search for the best deal. Many of us, only have experience of the card we bought "yesterday" or what we have read about.
Dafydd
JimmyH [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the information Dafydd.

I purchased and installed a new graphics card. Model is MSI Geforce GTX 650. Since I was able to burn a DVD (as mentioned in my previous post), I decided to add in the video enhancements that I had removed.

My thought was the GPU would handle the additional graphics load of video enhancements. My settings for PowerDirector preferences for Hardware Acceleration is ON (both enable OpenCL technology and enable hardware decoding). Well, the burn failed with error eA001000D. Checking system performance with Procexp, I noticed that GPU usage is <1% most of the time. Why isn't Powerdirector using the GPU? Attached are my updated DXDIAG files.
 Filename
JimDXDIAG.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
15 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
359 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks for the information Dafydd.

I purchased and installed a new graphics card. Model is MSI Geforce GTX 650. Since I was able to burn a DVD (as mentioned in my previous post), I decided to add in the video enhancements that I had removed.

My thought was the GPU would handle the additional graphics load of video enhancements. My settings for PowerDirector preferences for Hardware Acceleration is ON (both enable OpenCL technology and enable hardware decoding). Well, the burn failed with error eA001000D. Checking system performance with Procexp, I noticed that GPU usage is <1% most of the time. Why isn't Powerdirector using the GPU? Attached are my updated DXDIAG files.

Hi JimmyH,
One solution doesn't fit all. Shutting off HA in your case may/will lead to a faster rendering time. Error messages can be triggered by a corrupt file or the introduction of an addition which corrupts.

Opting to Write to folder and Burn to disc will separate the two processes and lead to a smoother create process. Lowering the disc write speed eleviates the strain and will lessen the error event and lessen the pixelation during render (down scalling). Having a screen snapshot of your project in the Edit Workspace will give more information to work on.

Dafydd
JimmyH [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the suggestions Dafydd. I am writing to file right now. CPU is near 98% and GPU is <1%. Why was GPU performance mentioned if it is not being used to write to file nor burn the DVD?
JimmyH [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd, Writing to folder then Burning to disk worked. Thanks for the suggestions.

The resulting DVD has some small artifacts, but is good quality. Writing to folder takes considerably longer (2-3X) than PD's initial time remaining estimate. Still concerned about high CPU usage and lack of GPU usage. Is that expected, and is it a problem? Attached are several screen shots to provide more information.
 Filename
JimEditScreen.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
663 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
362 time(s)
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Some of us always render to a folder and use "another" software to burn a DVD... since I never use menus its easy for me.... I like to just put the disc in the player and it runs on its own.....

Also for some of you guys.... remember when I said I will never go to blue ray burning/rendering? ...... Well I stuffed two LG blue ray burners in my desktop this week. I have found that the BD discs burn faster....... 24 gig or so in about 18 minutes.... using Cyberlink power2 go software... I got 100 BD discs for 60 bucks off ebay. About as cheap as the D/L DVD's I have been buying for years....

Office Depot wanted 12 bucks for ONE BD disc.................... __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
JimmyH [Avatar]
[Post New]
Reposting my question for the forum experts...

During both Write to File and Burn to Disk, the CPU usage reported by Procexp is ~100% and GPU usage is ~0%. Surprising that the GPU is not used during these tasks. Is that expected, and is it a problem?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Reposting my question for the forum experts...

During both Write to File and Burn to Disk, the CPU usage reported by Procexp is ~100% and GPU usage is ~0%. Surprising that the GPU is not used during these tasks. Is that expected, and is it a problem?

Have you enabled "hardware acceleration" (Preferences) to do the encoding/decoding?

No it is not a problem unless the CPU stays at 100% long enough that heat becomes an issue. If it does, the computer will shut down.
Some people believe that the finished project will look better with software encoding.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 08. 2013 07:23

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
JimmyH [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi stevek - I rechecked GPU usage when Burning to Disk with hardware acceleration ON. The result was the same as reported previously. GPU usage was only a few percent (i.e. GPU not used by PowerDirector). Could someone confirm these results on their system using Procexp?
JimmyH [Avatar]
[Post New]
Not getting responses, and the topic has drifted from the specific errors in the title. I will open a new forum question.
Thanks for all of the help so far. Look for new topic "GPU Usage Near Zero During Burn To Disc".
pfsoto [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 27, 2011 14:57 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I noticed that whenever i got this error, i had multiple video files - not all of the same format; eg mpgs and mp4s in the same project. I converted some of the files so they were all the same format and, Voila!

None of the other recommendations ever helped me.

Hope this helps