Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for all your help guys.

I definitely think I had a fake version of PD9, especially when I tried to install it on another Laptop and I received a DynaZip error. It definitely looked genuine though, Printed DVD in a sealed sleeve and official looking serial number label on the back.

Regardless, I purchased PD9 from Downloadcrew (a CL regional store) yesterday and I installed care free and activated it no worries. I have edited and produced a 5 minute video already and all went reasonably smooth.

Thanks Dafydd Bevan for all your help and patience - CL owe you big time for the support you are giving. If it wasn't for your help I would have left CL products for good.

Please pass this message onto customer support (I will also write to Tanmay directly) as I and many other members in this forum have become extremely frustrated by their service. I say this in trying to also make their life easier. I consistently supplied them with my serial number (including a scanned copy of DVD sleeve with serial number) in the body text of my messages as well as entering it in their form and yet they still asked for it. I also constantly made it clear that I could not activate PD9 (hence I was unable to see build number) yet they would constantly ask me for build number. I also attached a scanned copy of my receipt from Lakeshore Media (NOT a CL regional store) - which should have flagged them that I had not purchased a copy from a trusted supplier and hence why I may be encountering so many problems. If the serial number I gave them did not seem correct, they should mention this in their correspondence, rather than consistently asking for the same thing. It doesn't seem that hard to me - and at the end of the day, customer support needs to simply see how you respond to queries - it will save them and their customers a lot of wasted time and frustration.
Thanks for the Link to http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/18172.page

Yes, unfortunately it seems like I am yet another victom of fake software being sold on Ebay. The company I purchased from (Lakeshore Media) also had over 100 positive reviews to previous purchases of PowerDirector9 from Ebay buyers. They are no longer listed on Ebay.

I will now purchase from either CyberLink product official website: http://www.cyberlink.com/store/index_en_US.html
Or from CL's Regional Stores: http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/regional-stores/enu/index.jsp

Hopefully this goes smoothly.

Thanks for your help.
I am having the same problem as described in http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15613.page post.

" Your activation key incorrect. Please try again."

This is the first time I have installed any Cyberlink Product and I have noticed there are a few posts out there from people having the same problem. Tech support also seems to have a problem with the queries they are getting as they keep asking me for info I have already supplied such as Serial Number.

I have entered the number many times as administrator also to no avail. I have uninstalled and re installed the program about 4 times as I initially had problems with a dll file missing. This problem was rectified by installing latest patch 2930.

Software finally loaded, but now I have activation problem. I noticed Carl312 mentioned that you need to get the activation code restored if you have re-installed PD9 too many times. Is this correct? I brought my PD9 from a retail store online and received a DVD in a sleeve with serial number on the back. I have sent a query to support on QuestionID CS001047507 & CS001047239.

I am trying to use PowerDirector9 Ultra64 - yet to see the software work. DxDiag attached. This is the worst experience I have ever had with any software I have purchased - 3 days of my time wasted trying to get it to work.

Any help appreciated.
I am having the same problem as described in this post. " Your activation key incorrect. Please try again." I have entered the number many times as administrator also to no avail. I have uninstalled and re installed the program about 3 times as I initially had problems with dll files missing. Software finally loaded, but now I have activation problem. I noticed at the start of the thread Carl312 mentioned that you need to get the activation code restored if you have re-installed PD9 too many times. Is this correct? I brought my PD9 from a retail store online and received a DVD in a sleeve with serial number on the back. I have sent a query to support on
QuestionID CS001047507 & CS001047239.
Go to: