Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Activation key incorrect
Ed73 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 11, 2011 06:07 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same problem as described in http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15613.page post.

" Your activation key incorrect. Please try again."

This is the first time I have installed any Cyberlink Product and I have noticed there are a few posts out there from people having the same problem. Tech support also seems to have a problem with the queries they are getting as they keep asking me for info I have already supplied such as Serial Number.

I have entered the number many times as administrator also to no avail. I have uninstalled and re installed the program about 4 times as I initially had problems with a dll file missing. This problem was rectified by installing latest patch 2930.

Software finally loaded, but now I have activation problem. I noticed Carl312 mentioned that you need to get the activation code restored if you have re-installed PD9 too many times. Is this correct? I brought my PD9 from a retail store online and received a DVD in a sleeve with serial number on the back. I have sent a query to support on QuestionID CS001047507 & CS001047239.

I am trying to use PowerDirector9 Ultra64 - yet to see the software work. DxDiag attached. This is the worst experience I have ever had with any software I have purchased - 3 days of my time wasted trying to get it to work.

Any help appreciated.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag for Activaion key incorrect
 Filesize
48 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
290 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 12. 2011 02:14

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Did you read: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/18172.page

Where did you purchase PD from?

Ed73 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the Link to http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/18172.page

Yes, unfortunately it seems like I am yet another victom of fake software being sold on Ebay. The company I purchased from (Lakeshore Media) also had over 100 positive reviews to previous purchases of PowerDirector9 from Ebay buyers. They are no longer listed on Ebay.

I will now purchase from either CyberLink product official website: http://www.cyberlink.com/store/index_en_US.html
Or from CL's Regional Stores: http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/regional-stores/enu/index.jsp

Hopefully this goes smoothly.

Thanks for your help.
PowerBox [Avatar]
Newbie Location: United Kingdom Joined: Aug 11, 2011 13:35 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Don't know if this is going to help, but I had a licence key issue. This occurred because I installed PD, then immediately installed the latest update. My key was rejected. So I had to uninstall PD, reinstall, launch, enter key, which was accepted, then apply the update. This rectified the problem. Just wondering whether this might be connected to your problem. Regards,
James.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Yep James, that's correct.
Ed73 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for all your help guys.

I definitely think I had a fake version of PD9, especially when I tried to install it on another Laptop and I received a DynaZip error. It definitely looked genuine though, Printed DVD in a sealed sleeve and official looking serial number label on the back.

Regardless, I purchased PD9 from Downloadcrew (a CL regional store) yesterday and I installed care free and activated it no worries. I have edited and produced a 5 minute video already and all went reasonably smooth.

Thanks Dafydd Bevan for all your help and patience - CL owe you big time for the support you are giving. If it wasn't for your help I would have left CL products for good.

Please pass this message onto customer support (I will also write to Tanmay directly) as I and many other members in this forum have become extremely frustrated by their service. I say this in trying to also make their life easier. I consistently supplied them with my serial number (including a scanned copy of DVD sleeve with serial number) in the body text of my messages as well as entering it in their form and yet they still asked for it. I also constantly made it clear that I could not activate PD9 (hence I was unable to see build number) yet they would constantly ask me for build number. I also attached a scanned copy of my receipt from Lakeshore Media (NOT a CL regional store) - which should have flagged them that I had not purchased a copy from a trusted supplier and hence why I may be encountering so many problems. If the serial number I gave them did not seem correct, they should mention this in their correspondence, rather than consistently asking for the same thing. It doesn't seem that hard to me - and at the end of the day, customer support needs to simply see how you respond to queries - it will save them and their customers a lot of wasted time and frustration.