Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Tony, unfortunately no specific details. I strongly suspect my problems started with PINNACLE, which would not start up after not using it for a couple of weeks. Re-installation seemed to correct the problem, only to re-appear after not using it again. Their Support was unable to resolve the issue.
In desperation I uninstalled with REVO and tried various other Programs including ULead (Corel), SONY, NCH and a couple of others. None of them did what I wanted to do, namely to produce HD slide-video shows to play on AVCHD enabled players.
What surprised me on re-installation of PhD, was the automatic installation of QUICKTIME. Did not notice this on 1st installation, perhaps because it was already installed. I had the impression, that WMP was the link for most of these programs. As I am not familiar with the way the link is established, there may be a good possibility, that the problem could have been there. We have a no of iPod & iPads in the family, requiring iTunes+Quicktime. Who knows what some of the updates did for that.
What surprises me a bit is, the designers of the program could not come up with a method to test the links necessary, to get the AUDIO working for the Slideshow. May have been as simple as re-installing QUICKTIME instead of WMP.
My problem was compounded at the end. I was dumb enough (I think) by getting driver update S/W which rendered my LapTop useless, as it most likely installed incompatible Drivers, making my final choice a necessity.
Hope this will help someone at some point.
Best regards
Werner
I guess, there will always be something else to wish for.
Wish you the best
Werner
Problem solved! Rebuilt my system (nothing else would do).
Thanks Tony & Brandon for helping me to realize, at times, there is no easy way to success. I 'bit the bullet' and rebuilt my system. Everything is working great! Solved the WaveEditor issue as well.
My conclusion is, I tried too many other Video Editors prior, to 'get home free'. These programs do work on my SONY VGN-FW590C. Did upgrade RAM form 4 to 6 GB in the process, just to be safe.
Thanks again
Werner
Have cleaned out previous PhD, re-installed version 1926, updated with lates PATCH to version 1928.
The endresult remains the same. NO AUDIO in SLIDESHOW!
PhD does not seem to get its hooks into the Audio system. Why not?
Installed are:
ATI HDMI Audio - Realtek Driver ver 6.0.1.5897
Realtek High Definition Audio - Realtek Driver 6.0.1.5886
Bluetooth Hands-free Audio - Broadcom Driver ver 6.2.0.9500
Display Adapter - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
All on a SONY VGN-FW590C
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P8800 @ 2.66GHz
O/S - Windows 7 Pro 64bit & 4GB RAM

Is anyone successfully running Phd on a similar SONY LapTop?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Werner
Thanks Tony,
have gone through those routines several times, including Revo-uninstall.
I may do it one more time, as the Audio & Video Drivers as well as WMP have been deleted and re-installed, after my last install.
Cleaning out the system may however be a bigger problem, than meets the Eye. Prior to PD I ran Pinnacle Studio and Trial versions of various other Mfr's of VIDEO Editors which may or may not have modified DLL's or perhaps some where deleted during the un-install with REVO. I would have expected PhD to install whatever is required or otherwise notify me of deficiencies.

What would we do without Computers?
Werner
Thanks for clarifying BTW & Source Tony. 'Ticket No' still does not compute unless you are referring to the QuestionID Support issues [CS001045762]?

The files you sent did NOT show a duration either.
Sample Audio files attached.

Werner

p.s. this is the 5th time I am trying to 'Submit', the server seems to time out. Is that normal? No Attachments this time.
Is there a problem with this Server?
Have tried to 'Submit' a response 4 times. Get no activity (Symbol) and Server seems to time out???
Hello Brandon,
my results with Tony's wma, mp3 & m2ts are the same as yours, as far as playing them in WMP is concerned.
The m2ts file plays with audio in PD (from the timeline).
The results in PhD/Slideshow for me, are the same, no Audio. Support found no problem with my MP3's used, either.
The bottom line is, the AUDIO files used, play in every other Player i.e. WMP, QUICKTIME & PowerDirector9. They can be selected in PhD but no DURATION is reported (remains at 00:00:00) and won't play.
Have tried mp3 and wma from different sources, with the same results.
Although, I was tempted to re-install the O/S, but decided not to, as everything else appears to be working great.

Pardon my ignorance, I am not familiar with "BTW,...."(?). Also, which 'source file' & 'ticket no' are you referring to?

Thank for your input
Werner
Hi Tony, here is my update. Have gone through a clean & reinstall etc again - no Success!
Have sent DxDiag.txt to Support per their request. No response yet.
Your *.m2ts file plays from the timeline in PD, but Media Player Classic shows the message attached re Audio and will only play the Video. I really don't know how to interpret the message, but it seems to confirm a CODECS or FILTER problem.
I find it kind of hard to believe, that the required codecs and filters cannot be identified. The necessary information to obtain and install them should then be provided as well.

I have also posted a message under WaveEditor which exhibits some strange behaviour (perhaps related).
Thank you for your contribution
Werner
Same problem here. Have gone through the hoooops with support to no avail. Here is what I get:
1) Using WE independently - Import, play and edit of files is no problem, but can save result as *.WAV file only.
2) Using WE from PD 9 with *.mp3 - can edit and play, EXIT produces "You have not saved......", click on YES,
closes WE and returns to PD. However none of the changes appear on the timeline.
The second ICON does not appear in the Media Window. The edited file is nowhere to be found on my Computer.
3) Using WE from PD 9 with *.wav - can edit and play, EXIT produces "Cyberlink WaveEditor cannot save the file"
(same end result as under 2) above)

I wonder if a PhotoDirector problem I have, is related? No AUDIO for SlideShows.

Have send the questionable files to others and tried those received (working for them) - no success.
Nothing is 'flaky' or intermittent, all functions are reliably repeatable.
Any help will certainly be appreciated. I like the programs for my purposes, but it is a real pain to work with these obstacles

WIN 7 pro 64 on SONY VGN-FW590C LapTop.
That was my thought, but which one? I have added K-Lite 7.6.0 (Full), hoping it would do.
I get the feeling, my 64bit system may be responsible, but most of these run 32bit which is supposed to be ok under WIN7 64bit.
Hi Tony,
tried your MP3 & WMA - same results - no Audio
The Slideshow plays without Audio as well.
Just received a response and new link from SUPPORT. I will try that and post the result later.

You have at least cleared the file compatibility issue for me.
Thank you very much
Werner
Thanks for trying, Brandon. I guess sharing of Audio is not permitted in this Forum (?), as I tried posting twice without success. Sorry, if I violated any rules, seemed like a reasonable request
Werner
Have done all of the above and more, several times, to no avail.
Something is missing, but what?
Thanks for your input.
Werner
Thanks for your response. I agree, it's odd. Have selected various length *.mp3 and *.wma pieces which play ok in Windows Media Player or Quicktime but Duration does not register on selection.
For Slide Duration set to 'Fit to Music', nothing goes. Setting Slide Duration to any other value, plays the Slides ok, without Music.
Perhaps there is another clue. Editing the same Audio files in Power Director using Wave Editor, allows me to edit, play and supposedly save the edited file, but the file is nowhere to be found on my Computer. Support has been unable to solve this issue for me.
Unfortunately, I purchased without trying it first.
Selection of 'Background music' *.mp3 or *.wma seems to work, but 'Duration' remains at '00:00:00'.
Slideshow works fine! No Music!
What am I missing?
Go to: