Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No AUDIO for Slideshow
dotski [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2011 16:15 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Unfortunately, I purchased without trying it first.
Selection of 'Background music' *.mp3 or *.wma seems to work, but 'Duration' remains at '00:00:00'.
Slideshow works fine! No Music!
What am I missing?
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
18 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1060 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag64.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
32 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
703 time(s)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi dotski -

That's odd!

When I select music for a slideshow, the duration changes to match the selected track...

What is the actual duration of the music you've chosen? What format is it?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
dotski [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your response. I agree, it's odd. Have selected various length *.mp3 and *.wma pieces which play ok in Windows Media Player or Quicktime but Duration does not register on selection.
For Slide Duration set to 'Fit to Music', nothing goes. Setting Slide Duration to any other value, plays the Slides ok, without Music.
Perhaps there is another clue. Editing the same Audio files in Power Director using Wave Editor, allows me to edit, play and supposedly save the edited file, but the file is nowhere to be found on my Computer. Support has been unable to solve this issue for me.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hmmm -

The default export location for WaveEditor files is C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\9.0\ - that's where your edited audio clips should be.

To be honest, I don't know why your PhD isn't responding to the selected tracks. If it was me, I'd completely uninstall & re-install the program using uninstaller software to clear the registry entries. That way, you start with a clean slate.

Cheers - Tony
dotski [Avatar]
[Post New]
Have done all of the above and more, several times, to no avail.
Something is missing, but what?
Thanks for your input.
Werner
Prime7 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 21, 2006 09:05 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
Werner,
Mind if you could share your music files with us? Like to try if that's compatibility issue between PhD and your files.

Regards,
Brandon
dotski [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for trying, Brandon. I guess sharing of Audio is not permitted in this Forum (?), as I tried posting twice without success. Sorry, if I violated any rules, seemed like a reasonable request
Werner
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi Werner -

There's no problem with attaching files for testing.

Just click Attachments then Browse to locate your audio file... then Submit.

I've attached 2 versions of the same sound... .wma & .mp3 - the two formats PhD looks for when you select music. Can you test them in your PhD, please?

I've also attached a tiny slideshow made with the mp3 version.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Loop_Air.wma
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
173 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
680 time(s)
 Filename
Audio Test.M2TS
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
8431 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
667 time(s)
 Filename
Loop_Air.mp3
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
199 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
700 time(s)

dotski [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Tony,
tried your MP3 & WMA - same results - no Audio
The Slideshow plays without Audio as well.
Just received a response and new link from SUPPORT. I will try that and post the result later.

You have at least cleared the file compatibility issue for me.
Thank you very much
Werner
ynotfish
[Post New]
Werner -

If that slideshow (.MTS file) plays without audio, then there's something ELSE wrong too... not with PhD. It sounds like there a necessary codecs missing from your PC.

Cheers - Tony
dotski [Avatar]
[Post New]
That was my thought, but which one? I have added K-Lite 7.6.0 (Full), hoping it would do.
I get the feeling, my 64bit system may be responsible, but most of these run 32bit which is supposed to be ok under WIN7 64bit.
dotski [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Tony, here is my update. Have gone through a clean & reinstall etc again - no Success!
Have sent DxDiag.txt to Support per their request. No response yet.
Your *.m2ts file plays from the timeline in PD, but Media Player Classic shows the message attached re Audio and will only play the Video. I really don't know how to interpret the message, but it seems to confirm a CODECS or FILTER problem.
I find it kind of hard to believe, that the required codecs and filters cannot be identified. The necessary information to obtain and install them should then be provided as well.

I have also posted a message under WaveEditor which exhibits some strange behaviour (perhaps related).
Thank you for your contribution
Werner
[Thumb - MPC001.JPG]
 Filename
MPC001.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Audio problem peported by Media Player Classic
 Filesize
80 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
418 time(s)
Prime7 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 21, 2006 09:05 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Werner,
I tried Tony's wma and mp3 with WMP, all played well. With M2TS in WMP and WMC, only video is observed.
I used Tony's wma and mp3 to produce slideshow, music is heard.

If your WMP or WMC can't play the wma and mp3, I suggest you reinstall your WMP, since these are standards in Win7. The worst is reinstalling the OS. BTW, would be nice if you could share your source file for us to analyze.

Do you have your ticket number?

Regards,
Brandon
dotski [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello Brandon,
my results with Tony's wma, mp3 & m2ts are the same as yours, as far as playing them in WMP is concerned.
The m2ts file plays with audio in PD (from the timeline).
The results in PhD/Slideshow for me, are the same, no Audio. Support found no problem with my MP3's used, either.
The bottom line is, the AUDIO files used, play in every other Player i.e. WMP, QUICKTIME & PowerDirector9. They can be selected in PhD but no DURATION is reported (remains at 00:00:00) and won't play.
Have tried mp3 and wma from different sources, with the same results.
Although, I was tempted to re-install the O/S, but decided not to, as everything else appears to be working great.

Pardon my ignorance, I am not familiar with "BTW,...."(?). Also, which 'source file' & 'ticket no' are you referring to?

Thank for your input
Werner
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi Werner -

It's certainly an odd problem... but you're whittling it down.

The audio files you're using aren't the problem as Tech Support found them to be OK.

Your audio files work in everything else, but PhD's slideshow module, where they don't even register a duration. Did the files I attached show the correct duration in PhD?

By the way, Werner, BTW = BY THE WAY! The ticket number Brandon mentioned is the Support ticket number. The source file is your original .MP3 file.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 17. 2011 18:32

dotski [Avatar]
[Post New]
Is there a problem with this Server?
Have tried to 'Submit' a response 4 times. Get no activity (Symbol) and Server seems to time out???
dotski [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for clarifying BTW & Source Tony. 'Ticket No' still does not compute unless you are referring to the QuestionID Support issues [CS001045762]?

The files you sent did NOT show a duration either.
Sample Audio files attached.

Werner

p.s. this is the 5th time I am trying to 'Submit', the server seems to time out. Is that normal? No Attachments this time.
ynotfish
[Post New]
Werner -

Thanks for clarifying. Yes - there are times when this server is slow! It's "timed out" on me a few times.

If it was me, I'd be doing a complete uninstall of PhD (using Revo Uninstaller or similar to eradicate registry items)... then I'd reapply the latest patch. That would, at least give you a clean start. Very perplexing issue.

Cheers - Tony
dotski [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Tony,
have gone through those routines several times, including Revo-uninstall.
I may do it one more time, as the Audio & Video Drivers as well as WMP have been deleted and re-installed, after my last install.
Cleaning out the system may however be a bigger problem, than meets the Eye. Prior to PD I ran Pinnacle Studio and Trial versions of various other Mfr's of VIDEO Editors which may or may not have modified DLL's or perhaps some where deleted during the un-install with REVO. I would have expected PhD to install whatever is required or otherwise notify me of deficiencies.

What would we do without Computers?
Werner
dotski [Avatar]
[Post New]
Have cleaned out previous PhD, re-installed version 1926, updated with lates PATCH to version 1928.
The endresult remains the same. NO AUDIO in SLIDESHOW!
PhD does not seem to get its hooks into the Audio system. Why not?
Installed are:
ATI HDMI Audio - Realtek Driver ver 6.0.1.5897
Realtek High Definition Audio - Realtek Driver 6.0.1.5886
Bluetooth Hands-free Audio - Broadcom Driver ver 6.2.0.9500
Display Adapter - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
All on a SONY VGN-FW590C
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P8800 @ 2.66GHz
O/S - Windows 7 Pro 64bit & 4GB RAM

Is anyone successfully running Phd on a similar SONY LapTop?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Werner

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 17. 2011 20:36