Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No AUDIO for Slideshow
dotski [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2011 16:15 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Have cleaned out previous PhD, re-installed version 1926, updated with lates PATCH to version 1928.
The endresult remains the same. NO AUDIO in SLIDESHOW!
PhD does not seem to get its hooks into the Audio system. Why not?
Installed are:
ATI HDMI Audio - Realtek Driver ver 6.0.1.5897
Realtek High Definition Audio - Realtek Driver 6.0.1.5886
Bluetooth Hands-free Audio - Broadcom Driver ver 6.2.0.9500
Display Adapter - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
All on a SONY VGN-FW590C
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P8800 @ 2.66GHz
O/S - Windows 7 Pro 64bit & 4GB RAM

Is anyone successfully running Phd on a similar SONY LapTop?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Werner

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 17. 2011 20:36

dotski [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Tony & Brandon for helping me to realize, at times, there is no easy way to success. I 'bit the bullet' and rebuilt my system. Everything is working great! Solved the WaveEditor issue as well.
My conclusion is, I tried too many other Video Editors prior, to 'get home free'. These programs do work on my SONY VGN-FW590C. Did upgrade RAM form 4 to 6 GB in the process, just to be safe.
Thanks again
Werner
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Werner -

Glad to hear you got the thing resolved.

I guess in your rebuilding you didn't really discover what the conflict might have been??? Just for future reference, there's a process promoted by a senior member of the PD9 forum for resolving potential issues like yours... Septimus Fry (Debigh), in a lengthy thread about audio issues began to outline the process here... http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/75/16163.page#80231

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
dotski [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tony, unfortunately no specific details. I strongly suspect my problems started with PINNACLE, which would not start up after not using it for a couple of weeks. Re-installation seemed to correct the problem, only to re-appear after not using it again. Their Support was unable to resolve the issue.
In desperation I uninstalled with REVO and tried various other Programs including ULead (Corel), SONY, NCH and a couple of others. None of them did what I wanted to do, namely to produce HD slide-video shows to play on AVCHD enabled players.
What surprised me on re-installation of PhD, was the automatic installation of QUICKTIME. Did not notice this on 1st installation, perhaps because it was already installed. I had the impression, that WMP was the link for most of these programs. As I am not familiar with the way the link is established, there may be a good possibility, that the problem could have been there. We have a no of iPod & iPads in the family, requiring iTunes+Quicktime. Who knows what some of the updates did for that.
What surprises me a bit is, the designers of the program could not come up with a method to test the links necessary, to get the AUDIO working for the Slideshow. May have been as simple as re-installing QUICKTIME instead of WMP.
My problem was compounded at the end. I was dumb enough (I think) by getting driver update S/W which rendered my LapTop useless, as it most likely installed incompatible Drivers, making my final choice a necessity.
Hope this will help someone at some point.
Best regards
Werner