Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Downloaded the hotfix, installed. And FINALLY I can play Skyfall again. I'm glad the issue is more or less fixed, but I've had an easier time having teeth pulled. Seriously, Cyberlink. After all the crap you've put your users through, a good will offering and an apology are in order. I don't expect either one, but surprise us.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote: ftp://429:SGHVFISQ@ftp.gocyberlink.com/PowerDVD11

Worked for me.

Tried it, but it won't take my CD-Key. Thanks Cyberlink.

They've probably deactivated that download, or your CDKey is not a "Full Build" key. If it's an "Upgrade to PDVD 11" key it wont work.

You must contact Cyberlink, regarding your issues and suply them with your proof of purchase, of an Upgrade key and/or retail case ID...bla bla bla. They said they'll send us a working key that will work

Yeah. It's the full build I contacted tech support about it and got this email: Customer Support Response 2013/03/10 00:11
Dear John,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand that you are unable to playback Blu-ray in CyberLink PowerDVD 11 software due to an error "800401F9".

Base on the attached invoice copy, I have noticed that you have purchased PowerDVD 11 from eBay.

Please note that eBay and other second hand online market resellers are not CyberLink authorized software distributers. Therefore, we are not able to provide further assistance on this issue. Please contact the reseller directly for assistance or refund. You may also report your case to your second hand auction platform provider.

To ensure your rights are protected, we highly recommend that you purchase CyberLink products from an authorized reseller:

- http://www.cyberlink.com/store/index_en_US.html?r=1

- http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/regional-stores/enu/index.jsp

Here we can offer discount coupon for you as a special case to purchase PowerDVD 12 Ultra version on CyberLink Online Store in cheaper price. If you wish to avail the discount please let us know.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Thanks and Regards,

Sorokhaibam
CyberLink Technical Support

For one thing, my name isn't John. For another thing...this is utter crap. I own a legal copy of the the software. Cyberlink just doesn't like that I got it for a lot less than they wanted me to. But if that's the way it's going to be... Screw you, Cyberlink.

-------

Quote: I'm finding my own solutions to watching BDs in HD with all the bells and whistles to boot. No holds barred for my solutions.

Good Luck All

Out

Good luck to you too, man. But you probably won't need too much of it to find a better product.
Quote: ftp://429:SGHVFISQ@ftp.gocyberlink.com/PowerDVD11

Worked for me.

Tried it, but it won't take my CD-Key. Thanks Cyberlink.
Just received this reply from Cyberlink:

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand that when trying to playback Blu-ray in CyberLink PowerDVD 11 software, you are receiving an error "800401F9".

Please note that a new patch will be released soon against to the issue "PowerDVD cannot access to storage device" (800401F9).

You may keep visiting our website for the update.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Thanks and Regards,

Sorokhaibam
CyberLink Technical Support

We'll see just how soon "soon" is, but at least that sounds a little more promising.

Quote: I can confirm that purchasing PowerDVD 12 and then installing the latest patch resolves this issue, as explained here:

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=15666&affid=2581_947_0_27413_0_ENU&utm_source=CLHP_SupportNews&utm_medium=CLHP_SupportNews_27413_powerdvd&utm_campaign=CL_Homepage

My questions are:

- Which Windows Update caused this issue? I had rebooted and watched Blu-ray discs since the last time Windows Updates were installed on my PC on 2/16/13. I watched a Blu-ray yesterday successfully, but today was unable to watch any Blu-ray in PowerDVD 11 Ultra with the latest patch (Vista x64 SP2), due to the subject error message. Did Microsoft force out a Windows Update behind-the-scenes, which may have been activated when I rebooted my PC yesterday?

- Are users of any PowerDVD version prior to v12 unable to watch Blu-rays now, without purchasing v12 and applying the latest patch? That seems a bit extreme. Like the previous user posted, I am now $39.95 poorer so that I can watch Blu-ray movies.

There's still some doubt as to whether or not any Windows updates actually caused the problem. There are users on this board who have updates turned off and still have the issue. Additionally, the error has been reported on Vista, Win 7 and Win 8, which makes it even less likely that a single update is the culprit. The single common denominator in every case, in fact, is Power DVD 11 Ultra, suggesting that it's not a Microsoft issue at all, but a Cyberlink problem.
Quote: I am having the same problem myself and I do not use Windows Automatic updates. I do not use antivirus as well. Power DVD 11 worked a week ago and now it doesn't. Anyone have any ideas to this as well?

Sounds like it must be entirely Cyberlink related. Someone else on this board got the software to work as long as they weren't online, which pretty much confirms it.
Quote: Thank you : it works !

So now using the 2024... I can update to the 2608 and the region bug won't affect me ?
By the way, should I do all these updates : 2114 then 2211 then 2408 and 2608 or can I just install the 2608 one ?

I was able to get by with just the 2608. Most of those other updates are fairly minor.

The 2608 will return you to almost normal functionality. Fox has always been a problem with their discs (remember Star Wars?) and it's their newer discs that don't work properly right now. (Skyfall will start, get to the 20th Century fanfare, then go to a red warning screen advising you to update your software.) The only difference now is that Cyberlink isn't trying very hard, or at all, to fix the problem.
Quote: Can someone give me the link to download the software that clean the install ? Or doing it normally with Windows is the same ?

I'd like to return back to the 2024 version...

If you have a disc, just uninstall and reinstall. Then go here: http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdvd/patches_en_US.html and scroll down until you see the 2011-09-01 update.
Quote: I had the same problem on windows 8 pro x64. I tried system restore to when it worked before but that didn't work. I bit the bullet and bought the upgrade from powerdvd 11 to 12 and now it works... And I'm $39.99 poorer.

Exactly what they want. Then, when version 13 is released, they can do it all again. Screw you, Cyberlink.
Quote: I've had 3 open tickets for them for over a week now. Every email, they keep asking for more info. After I've given them everything they wanted, it's completely silent on their end. This is completely unacceptable. Can't you at least give us the ability to roll back to a previous version?

Pretty much all you can do for now is uninstall, reinstall, update to patch 2024, then update to 2608 on top of that. That will get you access to most of your blu rays, as long as they aren't newer Fox releases. Far from perfect solution, but at least it restores some functionality.
Quote: I am experiencing the same exact issues as others here, and have had a ticket open with Cyberlink for seven days. This is really unacceptable as far as I'm concerned. I work in tech support for a local telephine/ISP in Arkansas and if we responded to trouble tickets as badly as Cyberlink is, we would lose every one of our customers. This isn't going to help your future sales, Cyberlink. Everyday that goes by without this being fixed equals lost reputation within a fairly small market. I imagine Corel WinDVD developers are happy about it though, as their product works perfectly and I expect they are getting the customers that you are currently losing forever with your inaction. If you want the advice of a fellow tech support employee, I'd advise you to give as much information to your customers as possible as to what the problem is and what you are doing to fix it. Folks tend to be more patient if they know exactly what you are doing to fix it, even if you don't give them a time frame for resolution. Your current answer of "we are working on it" gives about as much satisfaction as a car with two tires.

Yeah. I'm getting pretty fed up with Cyberlink. Essentially the same thing happened with my copy of Power DVD 8. They stopped supporting new discs, then put on a big song and dance about investigating the issue in order to fix it. It never happened. The only reasons I bought version 11 were that it was extremely cheap on ebay and I liked being able to mount DVDFab iso's onto it. But now...WinDvd is only $50, and I'm getting very tempted to switch.
Yeah, that patch doesn't work for newer titles like Skyfall. It would be nice if Cyberlink gave a crap about it, but they don't.
Same problem as everyone else. Win 7 64 bit. The problem started yesterday, right after update KB2670838 (Platform Update for Windows 7 x64-Edition) installed.
Not to hijack the thread, but I have the same issue with version 8. More and more new releases will not play. Source Code, Trainspotting, Carlos, and now The Office Season 7. It is clearly a security issue (new AACS codes the software can't recognize), but Cyberlink does nothing to fix it. In other threads, Cyberlink reps have told members that patches are coming--for versions 10 an 11. That's very helpful. Thanks Cyberlink.
Go to: