Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 11 Workaround for Error Code 800401F9 / Access Storage drive, MS or Cyberlink to Blame?
Noguffay [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 28, 2011 19:34 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
What's really going on here? Cyberlink is blaming MS for this resent glitch. I say something stinks here. I run PDVD 11 on a Win 7 64bit system. I have turned off all MS critical and optional updates for more than one year now. I only receive MS Security Essentials updates. Is this where the culprit lies? Or am I getting subversive updates/alterations from either party without my knowladge?

Any opinions please?
Noguffay [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have a bit of a tendancy to conspiracy theorize when it comes to the "Cyber" world, so I'll try to keep my thoughts rational and keep myself in check for the time being. Let's see what sludge purculates up from the underworld of "good business practices" first. Let's just say I think someone through out a big drag net to see what they might catch, and some unfortunate collateral damage occured as well. Sort of like: "If you're complaining, you're probably guilty". Careful, you might be incriminating yourself.

Cheers,

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at Mar 06. 2013 15:07

Noguffay [Avatar]
[Post New]
We are working on a patch to fix this issue. The formal patch is scheduled to be released before May and I would like to provide PowerDVD 11 Ultra build that has recently passed our basic testing. This latest build will fix your BD playback issue.

Please select "yes" to proceed installation when the installer prompts message to uninstall existing PowerDVD11.

Please download the testing version of PowerDVD11 Ultra v3901 full build below:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

CD-Key: Use your own CD-Key.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 07. 2013 02:58

Noguffay [Avatar]
[Post New]
I caution in anyone using this solution, as I got this through the grapevine and not offically from Cyberlink. It was a quoted reply from user: Albatross365, in the Forum thread "PowerDVD 11 Workaround for Error Code 800401F9 / Access Storage drive - Workaround"

How he/she got it, I don't know.
Noguffay [Avatar]
[Post New]
As I suspected, this does not work, At least for me. I had PDVD 11 Ultra installed on a WinXP 7 64bit machine, and did the install of this download, and followed the instructions. Re entered my passkey for PDVD11 Ultra, and it does not work.

Sorry guys/gals. I, and Albatross365, are all just a little too anxious to help.
Dakkith [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2013 07:35 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the attempt all the same. It didn't work for me either. Activated fine, but locked up when I tried to play a disc.
Daniel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2013 20:59 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
ftp://429:SGHVFISQ@ftp.gocyberlink.com/PowerDVD11

Worked for me.
mike.T [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 17, 2012 05:05 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
hi Dakkith,
Would you kindly share more about the problem?
What is the movie title you're trying to play with and what is your computer information? computer/notebook model name or your CPU/GPU information?
Dakkith [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: hi Dakkith,
What is the movie title you're trying to play with and what is your computer information? computer/notebook model name or your CPU/GPU information?

Sure, no problem. I've tried three blu-rays: 2012, Prometheus, and The Amazing Spider-Man (2012).

This new build plays all of them fine on my Windows 7 x64 machine, but does not work on my Windows 8 x64 machine. The Windows 8 machine is able to play DVDs fine - it's just blu-rays that don't play.

The symptoms are that the disc loads fine (I see the percentage bar go up to 100), and then it attempts to play the movie, then instantly stops - sending me back to the regular PowerDVD interface. When I try to play it again it asks me if I would like to restart or resume, but both options also result in the playback stopping immediately.

It's a regular desktop machine. Intel Core i7-950 CPU, ATI/AMD Radeon HD 6950 GPU (MSI). Played blu-rays just fine until this recent issue (error 800401F9 and the rest).
Noguffay [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: hi Dakkith,

Sure, no problem. I've tried three blu-rays: 2012, Prometheus, and The Amazing Spider-Man (2012).

This new build plays all of them fine on my Windows 7 x64 machine, but does not work on my Windows 8 x64 machine. The Windows 8 machine is able to play DVDs fine - it's just blu-rays that don't play.

The symptoms are that the disc loads fine (I see the percentage bar go up to 100), and then it attempts to play the movie, then instantly stops - sending me back to the regular PowerDVD interface. When I try to play it again it asks me if I would like to restart or resume, but both options also result in the playback stopping immediately.

It's a regular desktop machine. Intel Core i7-950 CPU, ATI/AMD Radeon HD 6950 GPU (MSI). Played blu-rays just fine until this recent issue (error 800401F9 and the rest).

But are you getting the 800401F9 Error in DLL message, and the infamous Region Box with 0 region changes left message, and "cannot find the drive"?
mike.T [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 17, 2012 05:05 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dakkith,
Just to double confirm.
Did you mean your PowerDVD 11 plays on Win8 just fine right before the windows update?

Dakkith [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: But are you getting the 800401F9 Error in DLL message, and the infamous Region Box with 0 region changes left message, and "cannot find the drive"?

No, that error has been resolved with the new build. Now it simply stops playing immediately on my Windows 8 machine.

Quote: Hi Dakkith,
Just to double confirm.
Did you mean your PowerDVD 11 plays on Win8 just fine right before the windows update?

Yes, it played fine on Windows 8 up until whatever happened to everyone here two weeks ago to start this issue - given the lack of specifics, I'm still not convinced it was a Windows update, though!
Noguffay [Avatar]
[Post New]
It wasn't, I don't get Win critical updates....for over a year. It was something internal to Cyberlink, its patches, its updates and/or internet server connectivity requirement for playback of BDs, or some form of silent/subversive update from them.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 08. 2013 19:05

dto1984 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 27, 2011 22:30 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: ftp://429:SGHVFISQ@ftp.gocyberlink.com/PowerDVD11

Worked for me.

Tried it, but it won't take my CD-Key. Thanks Cyberlink.
Noguffay [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:

Worked for me.

They've probably deactivated that download, or your CDKey is not a "Full Build" key. If it's an "Upgrade to PDVD 11" key it wont work.

You must contact Cyberlink, regarding your issues and suply them with your proof of purchase, of an Upgrade key and/or retail case ID...bla bla bla. They said they'll send us a working key that will work
dto1984 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 27, 2011 22:30 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:

Worked for me.

They've probably deactivated that download, or your CDKey is not a "Full Build" key. If it's an "Upgrade to PDVD 11" key it wont work.

You must contact Cyberlink, regarding your issues and suply them with your proof of purchase, of an Upgrade key and/or retail case ID...bla bla bla. They said they'll send us a working key that will work

Yeah. It's the full build I contacted tech support about it and got this email: Customer Support Response 2013/03/10 00:11
Dear John,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand that you are unable to playback Blu-ray in CyberLink PowerDVD 11 software due to an error "800401F9".

Base on the attached invoice copy, I have noticed that you have purchased PowerDVD 11 from eBay.

Please note that eBay and other second hand online market resellers are not CyberLink authorized software distributers. Therefore, we are not able to provide further assistance on this issue. Please contact the reseller directly for assistance or refund. You may also report your case to your second hand auction platform provider.

To ensure your rights are protected, we highly recommend that you purchase CyberLink products from an authorized reseller:

- http://www.cyberlink.com/store/index_en_US.html?r=1

- http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/regional-stores/enu/index.jsp

Here we can offer discount coupon for you as a special case to purchase PowerDVD 12 Ultra version on CyberLink Online Store in cheaper price. If you wish to avail the discount please let us know.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Thanks and Regards,

Sorokhaibam
CyberLink Technical Support

For one thing, my name isn't John. For another thing...this is utter crap. I own a legal copy of the the software. Cyberlink just doesn't like that I got it for a lot less than they wanted me to. But if that's the way it's going to be... Screw you, Cyberlink.

-------