Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
It's good that you have found a solution to this issue. I think you should ask Cyberlink to make avchd 2 authoring possible and start a thread with a proposal. I still believe that it is a great future to able to produce file in this format. Few months ago I was comparing most of video editing programs and Cyberling was the only one to allow editing and producing in 1920p50 (although not in avchd 2.0 format). Now it is possible and it is very useful feature.

Mateusz
My understanding is that since you can produce in H.264 (AVCHD) in 1920p50 it means that it is AVCHD 2.0. My Sony camera records in this format and it is exactly the same as output allowing me to use the SVRT. More over the PS3 isd playing such files perfectly OK (just as the unedited files from the camera)
This the feature that I was looking for for a long time. Actually Cyberling should highlight this feature more. I am sure it would attract more customers among those interested in high-def video editing.
I have found a solution to produce excellent quality 1080p 50 files and play them on PS3 without using SVRT (and not having the problems associated with SVRT). The solution is about changing the profile settings. Please visit my thread for the entire info. It would be good to get your feedback if this works for you!

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/18327.page

Mission completed! I have managed to produce without using SVRT some great looking 1080 50P movies which can played back on a PS3 .

My movie has many transitions, titles i.e. effects which must be rendered and as I understand can not be produced properly in 1080 50P using SVRT. Other users in the forum report that when using SVRT there are some visible artifacts before or after transition, effects i.e. parts that must be rendered. I have not managed to activate the SVRT at all but thanks to this my produced files look just as goods as the original ones and there are no artifacts in the rendered part.
For others who are trying to do the same I list the settings I have used:
1) All hardware acceleration in preferences and on the produce screen are OFF. In my case (ATI HD 5850 latest drivers) the hardware acceleration hangs the program.
2) In Preferences / Produce the "Intel Reduce blocky artifacts" is OFF
3) Bitrate - I have edited the profile.ini and have set the average bitrate to the same value as the source file (in my case 25,7 Mb/s) the minimum to the standard (ca. 11,5 MB/s) and the max bitrate little bit higher than the source file ( 27 M/s).
4) PROFILE TYPE - SET TO BASELINE PROFILE. I have not noticed any kind of image deterioration when using this setting and this is the only setting which in my case has allowed me to achieve no image deterioration and playability on PS3.
5) Entropy coding - CAVLC (you can not use the other one when setting to baseline profile)
6) Speed quality indicator is set to max quality and Use deblocking is ON (which seems to be quite important ; if it is off the quality deteriorates)
7) In profile.ini the dynamic GOP is set to 1 (although I do not know whether it matters or what are the results when setting to default 0)
of course 1920x1080 50 frames progressive
9) Audio: Dolby ; Stereo ; 256

The produced file was ran through FixPD9 an then transferred to the PS3.

In my case the single least obvious setting which made the difference and made it possible to playback perfectly on PS3 was changing the High profile (the original file was High profile) to Baseline profile.

I hope that this will help others who want to use PS3 as media player for 1080 50P.

Hi
as soon as I tried to even import the 0012 file my PD9 has instantly closed...
Thanks a lot. I will use the settings. Certainly I have never set the bitrate that high. A quick question - what is the "dynamic GOP" setting for? In my profiles it is 0 in yours it is 1.
Hi,
always look at the bright side! It is good to know that the desired result can be achieved. Can you please advise me on the following:
1) what profile settings did you use - please copy the profile set up for me to paste in profile.ini and try it out
2) settings of PD9
- do I need to turn the "Reduce the video blocky artifacts" on or off when editing/producing in full hd?
- "Enable hardware decoding" - does it influence in any way the quality or just the speed?
- allow SVRT on a single .... on or off?
- why if I turn off enable hardware video decoding in the preferences this option is still active in the produce window? Does it activate something else?
3) The process of pulling the frames and then "cleaning" (I do not know what does it mean) - what was the purpose of it? I understand that you can compare individual frames to scrutinize the quality but what is the purpose of pulling them back together?
4) In order to compare the quality of the clips produced by PD9 and the original AVCHD I will connect the PC to my Samsung 50 inch plasma (you can see the differences much clearer than on a monitor) and will bypass the possible influence of the FixPD9 and the PS3. But having said that:
- from your experience does the FixPD9 influence the quality in any way?
I am quite optimistic becouse I understand that NVIDIA and ATI can render differently (and will turn the GPU acceleration off) but two modern Intel processors should produce the same results.

I will also be happy to see what other users can say about my questions.
Thank you!
Wow! This is great! Innovative and artristic at the same time. I will try use those techniques myself.
I will reply with more details later on. My goal is to produce in best quality achievable, ideally the same as the original file (SVRT?). When reading the forum I found posts of Panasonic camcorder users recording in same quality saying that after tweaking the profile.ini they enable the SVRT mode. I couldn't - hopefully you will succeed!
Hi,
I attach a short unedited video and my profile file. I am using the last setting " Custom Profile -5"
Thanks in advance!
Mateusz
Hi Wildview,
go to "set user preferences" (the icon on top looks like gear wheel) than go to "Hardware Acceleration". Try to change the settings. I have turned them off.

Hi,
I have experienced the same problem starting actually from build 2504. In my case turning off all acceleration options helped.
Below please find the reply I got form cyberlink when reporting a similar issue. Please note that I have not tried this solution "I would like to inform you that for 'Front-end graph streaming error', I would suggest you to please uncheck hardware acceleration and enable AMD accelerated parallel processing and enable hardware decoding also, in the Produce section, uncheck fast video rendering technology. "
Hello, this is my first post here. First of all let me tell that I am very impressed with the competent and helpfull discussions going on in this forum (just the opposite to the "support" offered by cyberlink) .
I have had numerous problems when editing and producing AVCHD from my Sony SONY DSC-HX9V in full hd 50p.
Below I will describe the issues and the solution. There is one issue which still remains unresolved and I hope to find an answer to this.

Issue and Solution #1 The PD9 build 2930 hung repeatedly when editing and producing the 1080/50P.
The PD9 build 2930 hung repeatedly when editing and producing the material. In fact I could not produce more than 8% of my project; sometime a message "front end graph streaming error occured" appeared.
Solution: I had to go back to build 2330a to avoid this. In my case the problems started with build 2504 and the following including the latest to date 2930. On the forum I have found a better solution which works with all builds including 2930 which is to disable both hardware acceleration options in preferences and not use it during production. After doing this the PD9 stopped to crash with all build including 2930.

Issue and Solution #2 PS3 does not read 1080/50p H.264 files produced with PD9
The solution is to use FixPD9 with the H.264 file which is transformed to a format recognized by PS3. The solution is described here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/17145.page#86779. I have also tried to use MPEG4 .mp4. This format is recognized by PS3 right away but it is not played properly - it is played as if in slow motion. By the way the original AVCHD files play perfectly well and look great on PS3. I have disabled the 3 "image improvement" options on the PS# whichh slow down the playback.

Issue and Solution #3 How to transfer a large file (more than 4 GB) form a PC to PS3?
PS3 only supports FAT32 file system (not NTFS) so the file size on pendrive is limited to 4GB. My movie is 8GB so I had to stream it through a WI-FI by using mediaserver. Windows Media Center 11 is not good for this purpose since it does not support many file formats - I use TVersity and it works very well. By the way: I have read opinions that PS3 can not read mp4 or H.264 read files larger than 4GB - this is not true my 8GB file is played by PS3, you just need to stream it.

ISSUE #4 STILL UNRESOLVED - the picture quality of the H.264 files produced by PD9 is inferior to the original AVCHD. The image is not that crisp and the motion is visibly less fluid which is a major problem. I have used the advices posted on the forum and changed the Profile.ini file to increase the bitrate to ca. 26 -28M/s/ The setting are 50 frames, progressive, high profile, CABAC, 25300000 bitrate (26000000 max bitrate), slider to maximum quality. I also can not find the right settings to activate the SVRT function.
I have noticed that the video quality produced with GPU acceleration is inferior and I am not using it.

I would be grateful for and advice how to achieve best quality when producing. After all the reason to purchase a camera or camcorder able to record 1080/50P is to have the best picture quality.
Go to: