Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
AVCHD 2.0 is here! Well done Cyberlink!
MateuszPK [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Warsaw, Poland Joined: Jul 20, 2011 18:29 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
This the feature that I was looking for for a long time. Actually Cyberling should highlight this feature more. I am sure it would attract more customers among those interested in high-def video editing.
LarrySH [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 27, 2008 18:11 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
There sre no AVCHD 2.0 choices in the latest PD10 update.

The bit rate limit and interlaced 60i are the exact same as they were before, and the same as PD9.

What makes you say that Cyberlink has added the new July 2011 AVCHD 2.0 bitrate and progressive frames?

Is there some hidden switch you have found??

Larry

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 10. 2011 15:03

MateuszPK [Avatar]
[Post New]
My understanding is that since you can produce in H.264 (AVCHD) in 1920p50 it means that it is AVCHD 2.0. My Sony camera records in this format and it is exactly the same as output allowing me to use the SVRT. More over the PS3 isd playing such files perfectly OK (just as the unedited files from the camera)
LarrySH [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 27, 2008 18:11 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
Now I see why there is a misunderstanding.

The program DOES permit you to create AVC files using the "Produce" function, but it DOES NOT allow you to author AVCHD 2.0 disks.

When I saw your original subject line, I expected that it could now author AVCHD 2.0 disks, but it unfortunately can not.

I do have a very limited authoring program which DOES produce AVCHD 2.0 disks, Sony PMB, which is supplied with their alpha 77 DSLR. It unfortunately has no features to edit or enhance the content in any way, and is almost useless.

However, it does allow me to create AVCHD 2.0 disks which play properly on my Panasonic BluRay player when the latest firmware is installed, confirming that the disk is working properly.

I VERY MUCH wish that Cyberlink would actually add AVCHD 2.0 disk authoring capabilities to PD10.

There are a significant number of new cameras now offering 2.0 capabilities, and no real authoring software other than PMB to make disks.

Larry

MateuszPK [Avatar]
[Post New]
It's good that you have found a solution to this issue. I think you should ask Cyberlink to make avchd 2 authoring possible and start a thread with a proposal. I still believe that it is a great future to able to produce file in this format. Few months ago I was comparing most of video editing programs and Cyberling was the only one to allow editing and producing in 1920p50 (although not in avchd 2.0 format). Now it is possible and it is very useful feature.

Mateusz
dhnj [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 30, 2010 11:14 Messages: 55 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Now I see why there is a misunderstanding.

The program DOES permit you to create AVC files using the "Produce" function, but it DOES NOT allow you to author AVCHD 2.0 disks.

When I saw your original subject line, I expected that it could now author AVCHD 2.0 disks, but it unfortunately can not.

I do have a very limited authoring program which DOES produce AVCHD 2.0 disks, Sony PMB, which is supplied with their alpha 77 DSLR. It unfortunately has no features to edit or enhance the content in any way, and is almost useless.

However, it does allow me to create AVCHD 2.0 disks which play properly on my Panasonic BluRay player when the latest firmware is installed, confirming that the disk is working properly.

I VERY MUCH wish that Cyberlink would actually add AVCHD 2.0 disk authoring capabilities to PD10.

There are a significant number of new cameras now offering 2.0 capabilities, and no real authoring software other than PMB to make disks.

Larry

Pdir 10 DOES permit you to create AVC files using the "Produce" function, but it DOES NOT allow you to author AVCHD 2.0 disks.
MultiAVCHD(free tool) will author 1080p Blu-ray discs, which I play on PS3 and Samsung BD-C6900 without any problems.