Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
HAHAHAHAHAHA! So Cyberlink's solution is to upgrade??? This is what I imagined Cyberlink's REAL response to a customer service problems was:

"We aren't going to update PowerDVD9. If you want to watch your movies you will have to buy PowerDVD11...and 12...and 13, etc. Give us your money and in return we will take more of it every year or two, but don't expect anything fancy like customer service."

I just typed that in another thread, then I saw Michael's genius response. I should get a tech support job with Cyberlink...how hard can it be to tell people to upgrade?
The clear message from Cyberlink is:

"We aren't going to update PowerDVD9. If you want to watch your movies you will have to buy PowerDVD11...and 12...and 13, etc. Give us your money and in return we will take more of it every year or two, but don't expect anything fancy like customer service."

I am firmly against piracy, having worked in the game industry for years, but Cyberlink does not deserve to succeed. I will NEVER give them another cent, and I would happily pirate their software...if I wasn't already using WinDVD.

Edit: Check this thread out, http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/18867.page, it pretty much confirms what I just said above. A Cyberlink employee gives one half-assed suggestion, then just pitches the upgrade. Completely appalling.
Yup, got it, patched it, and every movie I've tried works fine.

This looks amazingly bad for Cyberlink. Its been over a week, no word from the company on this issue, and we're extolling the virtues of their competitor's product on their forums...what a bunch of chumps.
You won't. You'll get asked for your dxdiag file, then they will keep asking for more and more info than they would ever need to diagnose the problem, then they'll say its something wrong with your hardware and it can be fixed by upgrading to PowerDVD X.

Yes, I'm pretty bitter. Like I said, this is the last in a long line of unsolved problems from this company.

On the bright side, WinDVD is working flawlessly so far =)
I uninstalled PowerDVD and bought WinDVD from Corel...this was the last straw in a series of horrible technical and customer support problems with Cyberlink. They charge too damn much to treat us so badly.

Good riddance Cyberlink.

Looks like I'll be switching to a new brand, seeing as how Cyberlink cares nothing about its customers.
These fools always say its our hardware. Worst tech support ever. We can just hope they'll post a patch soon, but they certainly won't address any of us except to ask for dxdiag files...which never seem to help them anyways.
Same thing here, PowerDVD 9 Ultra with latest update. Get on the ball Cyberlink, I want to watch my movie!
1. Its a retail from your website...I had no idea you could get the Ultra version as an OEM.

2. No. I paid good money for my sound card and I see no reason to disable it on your suggestion.

I have a better idea. Go have one of your engineers or QA guys try to recreate my bug on a system that resembles mine in the compatibility lab you have. No offense but I'm not your beta tester, I'm your customer.
Most of the info you requested is in the DXdiag file, which is added as an attachment to this post.

PowerDVD 9 Ultra version 9.0.4105.51
ZoneAlarm Free Firewall
SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition

For the past 6 months or so, every time I play a BD I have to press play twice. The first time the disc loads and then abrubtly stops, sometimes giving me the "unsupported format" message. When I press play the second time the disc loads normally, but the resume feature doesn't work since the disc seems to reset after the first failed play (another unsupported format message appears). DVDs work fine, this only happens with BDs.

I am an intermediate user, so lets skip the usual first steps...all drivers are up to date and I maintain and clean my system regularly. Doesn't seem to be hardware related either, it happened with my old LG BD drive & GeForce 260 and now it still happens with the new Pioneer drive & GeForce 460 I installed a few months ago. My DXdiag file is pasted below.

I don't expect this to be fixed, for all that PowerDVD is the best player for PCs its still rife with silly little bugs that make the purchase price insulting. I just wondered if anyone else had encountered this problem and figured out why it was happening.

Edit: Upgraded the BD drive's firmware to current. Did not fix the problem.

Go to: