Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power DVD8 and X-Men: First Class
Joe83 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 19, 2009 01:10 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I rented the movie and got into the problem about software update. As far as I see, I have the latest update made for my program so just wondering if there will be a new update soon or a fix so I can see the movie? The only update I can't install is one called "Critical Update for PowerDVD" shown in the update window but I got into install error cause I need a full retail or similar to install it...

Power DVD 8 Ver 8.0 3228.50

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 09. 2011 12:15

spivonious [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 09, 2011 18:48 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same issue with PowerDVD 9 Ultra (410. It plays fine on my standalone BD player upstairs.
JPV555 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 19, 2011 16:07 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Ditto with PowerDVD 10

I got a message to go to www.cyberlink.com/bdupdate and when I went there and installed this ActiveX program, nothing happens...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 09. 2011 22:04

gzero99 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 09, 2011 22:56 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Same problem with PowerDVD 9. What the hell is going on? I can't return the movie to WalMart.
JibbaJabba [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 03, 2011 03:32 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Same thing here, PowerDVD 9 Ultra with latest update. Get on the ball Cyberlink, I want to watch my movie!
shaibrooklyn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 09, 2011 23:20 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Same problem here, had it happen with Rio as well and no available fix yet. Purchased 10 ultra last year but can't find my key so reinstalled 8 and same problem still.

Would be nice to watch the movies I'm buying. Contacted cyberlink and got no help whatsoever.
Matthew [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 09, 2011 15:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Same issue contacted tech support they think its hardware clearly the acs keys need to be updated it'd be nice to have things updated so you can watch blurays when you buy them.
JALEEL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 09, 2011 13:15 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I cannot play xmen first class on dvd 10. I can play other blu ray disc that are not fox studios. Rio could not play also and it is a fox studio film. The problem is the fox studio new disc.
JibbaJabba [Avatar]
[Post New]
These fools always say its our hardware. Worst tech support ever. We can just hope they'll post a patch soon, but they certainly won't address any of us except to ask for dxdiag files...which never seem to help them anyways.
Charles1701 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 09, 2011 17:52 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
so it's the cyberlink software and not my sony BWU-500S drive? are they looking into a fix?
JPV555 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, it's definitely Cyberlink software. They were just giving canned answers.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 11. 2011 00:08

Tmitch910 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 11, 2011 23:33 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I'm also having the same issue, but I'm also using PowerDVD 10. I also tried it with ArcSoft's TotalMedia Theater 5, and Corel's WinDVD Pro 2010. It works fine with WinDVD, but TotalMedia Theater 5 also comes up with the same message. I also tried it on my PS3, so I don't think it's PowerDVD that's the problem. It's the disc. Or rather something on the disc that's causing problems. Some kind of incompatibility or something. It's not just people here on this forum that are problems, but I've seen it everywhere else on various types of hardware. So, I'm sure it's the disc that's causing issues.
JPV555 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes but it's up to Cyberlink to upload patches. I've seen this before and that's what happened, a patch was offered and wa-la, issue fixed. I'm also curious to know what patch was uploaded for PowerDVD 11 (it was offered 9/1/11 IIRC).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 11. 2011 23:58

JPV511 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 19, 2011 01:31 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Same problem with PowerDVD 9 Ultra here w/ 4105 update. Plextor 320 internal drive with latest firmware. All I get is the red screen telling me I need updates. Who knew Blu-Rays could be so complicated to watch on the PC? Please give us a patch, Cyberlink!
Mik3 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 21, 2011 03:58 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDVD 10

- same error
- updated to 2916 build
- now freezes on all blu rays

JibbaJabba [Avatar]
[Post New]
Looks like I'll be switching to a new brand, seeing as how Cyberlink cares nothing about its customers.
JPV511 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 19, 2011 01:31 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
There was a time when PowerDVD reigned supreme. How the mighty have fallen.
nachturn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 11, 2011 23:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
tested aginst powerdvd 9 and 10 ultra. doesn't work. however, i get a error PowerDVD cannot access the storage device. Select another ... blah blah blah. a patch update popped up the first time i installed it. he patch made it so i couldnt play anything. reinstalled, still no play for xmen but other stuff played. although it didnt offer the update/patct that time. Wonder if cyberlink found an error in the update or maybe my computers registration for some reason told the app that it was already installed. anyway it offered not update for powerdvd 10 ultra after the reinstall. But still no xmen firstclass, sob sob.

anyone have any luck burning the dvd's to the hard drive and playing them through power dvd using apps like alcohol?
just curious, im anxious to see it

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 13. 2011 20:54

nachturn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 11, 2011 23:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
yah, i wish that rather than an update to an existing owned powerdvd, they would let existing registered customer download the new full version at the updte price. gets annoying to reinstall through several versions. Err and an actual unistaller would be nice. I guess the "cleaner" software works, but it would be nice to have an actual uninstaller. or , at least there have never been any in my installations.
JibbaJabba [Avatar]
[Post New]
I uninstalled PowerDVD and bought WinDVD from Corel...this was the last straw in a series of horrible technical and customer support problems with Cyberlink. They charge too damn much to treat us so badly.

Good riddance Cyberlink.