Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 9 - Have to press Play twice for BDs
JibbaJabba [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 03, 2011 03:32 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
For the past 6 months or so, every time I play a BD I have to press play twice. The first time the disc loads and then abrubtly stops, sometimes giving me the "unsupported format" message. When I press play the second time the disc loads normally, but the resume feature doesn't work since the disc seems to reset after the first failed play (another unsupported format message appears). DVDs work fine, this only happens with BDs.

I am an intermediate user, so lets skip the usual first steps...all drivers are up to date and I maintain and clean my system regularly. Doesn't seem to be hardware related either, it happened with my old LG BD drive & GeForce 260 and now it still happens with the new Pioneer drive & GeForce 460 I installed a few months ago. My DXdiag file is pasted below.

I don't expect this to be fixed, for all that PowerDVD is the best player for PCs its still rife with silly little bugs that make the purchase price insulting. I just wondered if anyone else had encountered this problem and figured out why it was happening.

Edit: Upgraded the BD drive's firmware to current. Did not fix the problem.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 09. 2011 09:10

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
please help to post more info - we have a welcome thread that describes which info is needed.

Thanks for your cooperation
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
JibbaJabba [Avatar]
[Post New]
Most of the info you requested is in the DXdiag file, which is added as an attachment to this post.

PowerDVD 9 Ultra version 9.0.4105.51
ZoneAlarm Free Firewall
SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition

Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
36 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
289 time(s)
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

1. is the original Version a retail or bundled OEM version or PowerDVD?

2. can you try the playback again using the onboard audio as default ?

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
JibbaJabba [Avatar]
[Post New]
1. Its a retail from your website...I had no idea you could get the Ultra version as an OEM.

2. No. I paid good money for my sound card and I see no reason to disable it on your suggestion.

I have a better idea. Go have one of your engineers or QA guys try to recreate my bug on a system that resembles mine in the compatibility lab you have. No offense but I'm not your beta tester, I'm your customer.
[Post New]
Hi,

in order to reproduce this issue more information is needed.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

Br

Werde Facebook Fan