Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am using the following:

Windows 7
PD 9 version 9.0.0.3305 (most recent I believe)
Serial Number VDE110624-04
.mts files from a Hig-Def Sony Camcorder (SR-11)

My issue is that no matter what I try (updating drivers, re-installing software, working with the PD tech support for over 6 months, etc) I can't produce or burn discs. The software locks up randomly (7%, 27%, 54%, etc) whenver I try to produce or burn and hangs at various points during the process. When this happens the timer counters also freeze and no further progress occurs. I can't take a screen shot as the software locks up but I do not get any error messages.

I have attached my latest DXDIAG and I have plenty of hard drive space and I think enough RAM so I am not sure what the issue is. I know the high def files are probably involved in some manner but I can't figure out what to do and tech support just keeps having me try the sames things over and over.

I have tried to burn very small files (maybe 5 minutes of video) and this has worked but files in the 30 minute range have not (anywhere from 2-3.5 gig files sizes). I know the max I can fit on a single DVD is about 1 hour of high def video but I have not even tried files of this size recently as i wanted to try to avoid the larger file size being the issue but I would think 30 minutes of video should work.

Editing the files and assembling them is pretty easy and I enjoy this process but not being able to prduce or burn discs has become a dissapointment.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
I have had these same types of issues when trying to produce or burn files since May of this year when I bought the software with a brand new HP computer that has plenty of power and video capabilites. I have a string of responses from the Indian "Help Desk" and if I had a dime for every request for my DXDiag file I could have bought some software that actually worked.

Mine locks up anywhere from 10-50% of the way into a burn or a produce with no error message. I have tried decreasing the file size to less that one hour of video time and it still locks up.

After 5 months of trying to get this work I am ready to throw in the towel as I agree with others that this softare can't get the basics right. I am only using video, pictures and a few of the canned effects with very little success.

I tried the forum back in July and had a few ideas provided but nothing that works
I updated to the new relase of PD9 2930 and I tried to produce my file under mpeg-4 and for the first time it gave me an error message. First thre was an "Error Making Movie" and then a separate error message "Media Source Error: A front graphic streaming error occurred. Try again or contact customer support" (tried to put a screen dump in here but could figure it out-sorry).

Tried these suggestions and this time it locked up at 24% and has been there for 8 hours.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks!
Also, the 8-10 hours is after it locks up at a given point so it does not move off the given % this entire time.
Bubba,

Thanks for the response

How do you burn at a lower speed?

Thanks
I recently purchased PD9 to edit video from my Sony DCRA-C210 HD video camera.

I downloaded files (.m2ts and jpg) and made a video that is 1 hour 59 minutes long and 7977 MB in size.

I have tried to produce the file and burn the file to a disc and every time it locks up in the 50% complete range for both produce and burn functions (I used the smart fit option to get it to fit on the 4.7 GB disc). There are no error messages it just stops progressing and the time keeps counting up. It has gone as long as 8-10 hours with no movement in the % complete.

Numerous attempts with tech service have not resolved the issue (increase virtual memory, download latest PD9 file, update video driver, try producing files in different format, etc)

When I reduced the file size to just a few video files and title pages it burned fine. I tried to reduce the file size by only having about 1 hour of content to fit on the disc without using "smart fit" and it still locked up but did not lock up until about 80% complete.

I have attached the DxDiag file

I am running version VDE110120-07

Thanks for the help with a newbie to this software but this has been going on for three weeks so I thought I would try the forum.

Go to: