Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi everyone, I am disappointed with the recent updates to the PD. group of programmes.
In case I have misunderstood, I was waiting for the September program improvements, that is, new more upmarket codecs, plus a host of others, not just more of the same we have been seeing thru the year, Ai this and Ai that. Some of those are great but I want to experience 422-10 bit editing and modern camera codecs. Some will say go to the other programs that offer that, but I have been supporting PD.since PD8 some 13 years ago.
Cyberlink has grown the editing program during that time, but so has its loyal clients who are now capable of more technical editing work.
Maybe it is time for Cyberlink to introduce a more technical editor aimed at its loyal clients who wish to challenge themselves, but at the same time keep the current format for those who feel it has everything they need.
If there is more to come shortly in the way of technical improvments I applaude them, but if this is the annual update I am disappointed.

Muzza. Australia.
Hi Zantafio,

I've read all that you have said and I feel it could be your DVD writer. Its just a hunch but as was said earlier there are a lot of stages between the editor and the final copy to a dvd. I have done a lot of transfers to DVD and PD 20 and my writer have all done a great job. Borrow another writer and try again --- you never know.
Murray Australia
Quote So, I have created a video in Powerdirector 365 for MacOS.

When the video reaches its end I would like to have the final frame remain visible. Currently, it just ends with a blank screen.

Can anyone suggest, please, how I might achieve this?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike, when your video file is on the time line, go to the last frame and use the camera icon at the bottom of your viewing screen and take a snap shot of the last frame. It will put the photo in your library. Move the photo to the position of the last frame and then lengthen the time the photo is on the screen by dragging the end to the point you wish to finish.

Hope this helps

Murray. Australia
Quote I have been getting daily notification popups that “A software update is now available. Important! You are missing out on a smoother, faster experience.” Does this mean as Muzza states above that the May 29 update fixes the crashing problem or if he is trolling here??

Haven't heard back from the PowerDirector Moderator or see that a update to fix the crashing problem from Cyberlink support.

Hi Tomasc, No trolling here, been a quiet member since 2011. Updated and the problem was fixed.
The problem with loading previous projects has been rectified. New udate on CAM installed and previous projects load as they should.
The boffins at Cyberlink have proven they do read this forum. Thankyou for your quick attension to this serious problem.
Hi, I have just experienced the same issue after the update released recently. I will wait for the boffins at Cyberlink to release another update to fix this issue.
Hi Kumell, I may have an answer to your problem. Open Colourdirector, Click on the gear wheel on the top of the screen, Click on colour and if the check box for a lut to be placed on all videos being imported has a tick in it, click on the tick and remove it. While you are there read the screen to familarise your self with the settings.

Regards Murray
Go to: