Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
24 April Update Power Director 365 Subscription version
Bearly.Keto [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 10, 2022 15:38 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Ever since taking this update, my version of PD365 (subscription) fails to open any project.

It gets hung up consistently at 60% progress of loading any project I've ever made while trying to "Update timeline data". Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm on Windows 10, my NVIDIA drivers are up to date. I've made no other system or file location changes. And the timing of the update seems connected.

23 April - all OK. I didn't do any work on 24 April. 25 April I installed the 24 April update before starting my work. And now not a single project can successfully open. I have been successfully using the product for months without issue. I'm a newbie to these apps.

Any help/ideas greatly appreciated. And I opened a support ticket, but my first one so not sure what the service level agreements are like in terms of expected turn-around times. Thank you!
[Thumb - director suite 365 error.png]
 Filename
director suite 365 error.png
[Disk]
 Description
This is where the system hangs.
 Filesize
4 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
12 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
This kind of thing happens every once in awhile and it's related to the specific project you're trying to open. Chances are good that doing the following steps will resolve the issue:

1. Reboot your computer

2. Try downloading and opening up this packed project, then close PD and reopen it to confirm that the project loads normally

3. Try opening your intended project

Bearly.Keto [Avatar]
[Post New]
First, thank you for helping me. But no joy.

Earlier, I was able to create a new project, save it, and reopen it. Then I rebooted, tried to reopen it and got hung at 60% with a "(Not responding)" in the title of the pop-up window.

I followed your steps, and got a message saying it couldn't locate part of the files, I clicked "ignore all" (as this is how it first started behaving with me on 25 April). Then it bombed at 60% with not responding. So I rebooted. Tried again, and got the same unable to locate a particular file of the package again, ignored all again, and it successfully loaded the video track but nothing else.

So, I then exited PD, waited. Re-opened the file I had put together today as a test, and again go the hang at 60% with an immediate not responsing.

Any other thoughts?
 Filename
Series of errors.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
Screen grabs of errors
 Filesize
101 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
397 time(s)
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote First, thank you for helping me. But no joy.

Earlier, I was able to create a new project, save it, and reopen it. Then I rebooted, tried to reopen it and got hung at 60% with a "(Not responding)" in the title of the pop-up window.

I followed your steps, and got a message saying it couldn't locate part of the files, I clicked "ignore all" (as this is how it first started behaving with me on 25 April). Then it bombed at 60% with not responding. So I rebooted. Tried again, and got the same unable to locate a particular file of the package again, ignored all again, and it successfully loaded the video track but nothing else.

So, I then exited PD, waited. Re-opened the file I had put together today as a test, and again go the hang at 60% with an immediate not responsing.

Any other thoughts?

Hi,

Can you confirm that you are using OneDrive for project or asset locations? The missing media error seems to indicate that you are and perhaps that might be something to troubleshoot??

Or is this the project that optodata sent over loading from a OneDrive location?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 26. 2022 15:46

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The error looks like the skateboard clip wasn't downloaded from OneDrive. Both it and the PDS file should be downloaded to the same location and everything should open as expected when double-clicking on the PDS file.
Bearly.Keto [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks again for the help (people don't say thank you enough).

I noticed that also, about OneDrive.

I was originally accessing the packed sample project from my Download folder. Then I moved it to my desktop. Same behavior. But, the files I have tried to open today are both on my laptop (so Onedrive would be meddling around, but then that setting has been like that since my inception of working with PD 20) and on an external hardrive that is not being scanned by OneDrive - and projects in both locations are behaving the same.

If you think of anything else, or can point me to how to uninstall/reinstall maybe it's time. I just have to figure out the fact that I'm in month 3 now of my license and I think we have to contact support to reinstall after 30 days (?).

Karl
Blueknight V2.0 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 03, 2021 12:40 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I'm experiencing this very same problem, but I was unaware of another update on April 24th. As the only update I remember getting was back on April 15th.

Which is the version I used this past Saturday (April 23rd), I had completed production on a video & uploaded it the following day. Everything was working fine. Then Monday morning came around to resume work on a previously saved project...and that's when the problems started occuring.

I could still work on a new, from scratch project. But that can only get me so far without saving it.

Deleting some temproary files seemed to help a bit (also making my PC a bit faster in the process), 3-times in a row for about 10-minutes each last night, before it quickly resumed the same problems this morning. And if I'm fortunate enough, I'm able to, at least get 5-minutes worth of editing in. Every other time it's either stuck at 60% when loading a project. Or it successfully loads the project, and then immediately crashes.

And no, un-installing & re-installing didn't work. Neither did updating my graphics card drivers, directly from Intel.

I've been using this program for pretty much the entirety of this past year, and never had such a problem until now. And it really stings 'cause the subscription literally just renewed, so I can't make any sort of progress whatsoever.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote If you think of anything else, or can point me to how to uninstall/reinstall maybe it's time. I just have to figure out the fact that I'm in month 3 now of my license and I think we have to contact support to reinstall after 30 days (?).

Karl

You can uninstall PD365 at any time by right clicking on it in the CAM or by using the normal Windows uninstaller. As long as you keep the CAM installed, you can (re)install PD whenever you want as long as your subscription is still valid. Even if you also uninstall the CAM, you can always download the latest version as described in the 2nd paragraph of this FAQ and then install the latest PD365 version.

The 30 day situation in the 1st paragraph there only applies to the lifetime license versions. not the subscription one.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Deleting some temproary files seemed to help a bit (also making my PC a bit faster in the process), 3-times in a row for about 10-minutes each last night, before it quickly resumed the same problems this morning. And if I'm fortunate enough, I'm able to, at least get 5-minutes worth of editing in. Every other time it's either stuck at 60% when loading a project. Or it successfully loads the project, and then immediately crashes..

I wonder if somewhere along the line that project got corrupted. That's not to say that there isn't something going on with the latest release, only that something else may have gone wrong.

Take a look at the steps I outlined in this post. That OP seemed to have trouble at a specific timeline location. In your case, pick any spot 1/3 or 1/2 way through and see if saving those parts of the project separately will let you get past the hangup.
Blueknight V2.0 [Avatar]
[Post New]

I wonder if somewhere along the line that project got corrupted. That's not to say that there isn't something going on with the latest release, only that something else may have gone wrong.

Take a look at the steps I outlined in this post. That OP seemed to have trouble at a specific timeline location. In your case, pick any spot 1/3 or 1/2 way through and see if saving those parts of the project separately will let you get past the hangup.

The thing is, one of the projects I also tried opening. Was attached to the video I completed on Saturday, and wasn't opened between that point, and the time this issue started to spring up on Monday. But even if I wanted to try that method, no project will successfully open for me to do so. Except one, which was opened I believe on Sunday, but after about 20-seconds & 3 or 4 clicks later, it ultimately freezes & fails to respond.
optodata
[Post New]
I don't think anyone has enough info to troubleshoot this yet so you may want to open a support ticket with Cyberlink. You can reach them from here, and it will probably take a couple days to get a response.

You might need to share one of the problem projects with them, and you can also do that here if you're comfortable sharing the content in a public forum. To do so, you'll need to get the project open and then use Pack Project Materials and save everything to a cloud folder, then paste a publicly shareable link to it here. See this FAQ for more details.

If you have content that you don't want out in public but would like to see if I have the same issue on either of my 2 PCs, send me a PM. I can also give you a private upload link if needed.

James0416 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 08, 2016 13:19 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi, Ever since taking this update, my version of PD365 (subscription) fails to open any project.

It gets hung up consistently at 60% progress of loading any project I've ever made while trying to "Update timeline data". Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm on Windows 10, my NVIDIA drivers are up to date. I've made no other system or file location changes. And the timing of the update seems connected.

23 April - all OK. I didn't do any work on 24 April. 25 April I installed the 24 April update before starting my work. And now not a single project can successfully open. I have been successfully using the product for months without issue. I'm a newbie to these apps.

Any help/ideas greatly appreciated. And I opened a support ticket, but my first one so not sure what the service level agreements are like in terms of expected turn-around times. Thank you!

I am also experiencing this exact same issue down to the letter. Extrememly frustrated and I regret updating the program because I have had zero issues with PD until this week!
optodata
[Post New]
I suggest you also contact CL tech support. In the past they have made available a link to go back to the previous version but it was only sent to people who'd encountered issues specific to the new release.

Perhaps the PowerDirector Moderator can check with their contacts at CL to see if this is one of those situations.

So far I haven't encountered the issue but I'm not actively working on any projects, and the few edits and saves that I've tried haven't given me any trouble.
Blueknight V2.0 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, I sent in a support ticket. But while waiting for a response, I did manage to get the program working the way it should...somehow.

What I did, is that I went into my finished project from Saturday. I beleive it froze the 1st time, so I had to close it. Opened it back up the 2nd time, I was able to move around just as I would normally do. So I switched to my current project, and it was working as well, and actually got a little bit of editing done. And would've kept going if I wasn't already tired.

I closed the editor out after saving it, and opened the project 2-more times with the same success. But opening it a 4th time resulted in the inevitable freeze & crash. So it looks like I'll be waiting to see what support has to help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 26. 2022 21:34

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi, Ever since taking this update, my version of PD365 (subscription) fails to open any project.

Unfortunately, I read this post and found out there is a PD365 Update when using the CAM. After the update I found that my previous projects will not load. Last one was saved 4/25/2022 without the sample files loaded. It looks like that you can have better luck if you don’t open the MS Edge browser. Your problems have been duplicated in my post here: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/96943.page . You need to contact Cyberlink support to get this fixed. I am sorry to have read your post and updated PD365. Now I won’t be able to do any editing with it.
Muzza [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 18, 2011 21:02 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I have just experienced the same issue after the update released recently. I will wait for the boffins at Cyberlink to release another update to fix this issue.
Bearly.Keto [Avatar]
[Post New]
It's nice to konw it's not just me. I opened a ticket with support and got a ton of options to try. It's good to know that un-installing/re-installing didn't work as that seems like a high risk option to me (as a novice). If one of their options work, I'll circle back and share.
Bearly.Keto [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm sorry to hear you're having issues. I'll circle back here if I find a fix. I only use Chrome. Stay tuned.
StewartM [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 19, 2019 13:51 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]

I had a PD crash while editing. PD suggested an update, which I accepted. Restarted. Now can't open any PD project without crashing at Update timeline data. If I open a new project, then save it empty, it's fine. If I add media, save then open, it crashes at update timeline data.

My media is all on OneDrive. I'm on W11. All worked pre update. Now no PD project with media inside will open.
Hongerske [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 17, 2021 06:29 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]

I got the same issue, but I think I have a solution.

I wanted to install the previous version of PowerDirector, but I couldn't. So I applied a "system restore" on windows and the issue no longer occured. The version of Powerdirector is still the same, but the nvidia driver is now outdated. Could it be that the new driver from nvidia is not compatible with the recent update of PowerDirector?

I hope this helps.