Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
A visible end screen?
wmike [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 29, 2019 09:11 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
So, I have created a video in Powerdirector 365 for MacOS.

When the video reaches its end I would like to have the final frame remain visible. Currently, it just ends with a blank screen.

Can anyone suggest, please, how I might achieve this?

Thanks,

Mike
Muzza [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 18, 2011 21:02 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote So, I have created a video in Powerdirector 365 for MacOS.

When the video reaches its end I would like to have the final frame remain visible. Currently, it just ends with a blank screen.

Can anyone suggest, please, how I might achieve this?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike, when your video file is on the time line, go to the last frame and use the camera icon at the bottom of your viewing screen and take a snap shot of the last frame. It will put the photo in your library. Move the photo to the position of the last frame and then lengthen the time the photo is on the screen by dragging the end to the point you wish to finish.

Hope this helps

Murray. Australia
wmike [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Murray,

Thanks for that. I have already lengthened the items on the timeline that I wish to remain visible. This, however, and the camera tip still results in a blank screen at the end.

Cheers,

Mike
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for that. I have already lengthened the items on the timeline that I wish to remain visible. This, however, and the camera tip still results in a blank screen at the end.

This doesn't make sense. Can you confirm that the produced video is the exact same duration as the ending position of your final freeze frame? Sometimes items get left behind after editing the timeline and PD will always produce up until the very last item.

To check if you have anything past the intended final frame (on any track), click on the yellow timeline numbers then press the End key to go to the final timeline object. If the target isn't your ending screenshot, delete it (and any other unwanted objects that might be nearby).

If the final timeline object actually is your screenshot, then you should report the issue to CL. You might need to use File | Pack Project Materials and include a link to those files in your support request. You might also try producing without using GPU/hardware encoding and see if the issue goes away.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The end of the clip is a black blank. Move the cursor to the end of the clip and advance one frame backward at a time until you see the frame you want to be at the end. Do a split and remove the right portion. Be sure that the last frame on the clip is not a blank blank. If it is not then do a freeze frame of the end of this clip.

Edit: This may help. The OP stated that the end of the clip is a blank black frame. He needs to remove all those black frames until it is the frame he wants to show at the end that is not black and take that screenshot instead to be placed at the end.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Murray,

Thanks for that. I have already lengthened the items on the timeline that I wish to remain visible. This, however, and the camera tip still results in a blank screen at the end.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi,
Do you mean you want the playback to "pause" or "stop" at the last frame so that it remains visible "forever", so to speak?

Logic will say that when a video production ends, it ends - there is no more content to display and the file does not carry any more data to display. Therefore the player stops and the screen defaults to black.

I think what you are looking for is not in the video file but in the player. I don't know of anything other than VLC that has this option (I'm happy to be corrected, I haven't done a comprehensive analysis!).

In VLC Tools>Preferences>Interface there is a check box Pause on last frame and some options. If that is checked then VLC will pause playback on the last frame.

Does that help?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
I sense, looking at the original question, that the real question is: is there any way that the very last frame of the video, remains visible, even when the video (thus the last frame) has past and the video has ended.
All the methods above mentioned will cause, if correctly executed, the very last frame of the video to be shown longer. It remains visible as long as the duration of this picture/frame has been defined at creation/production time.
Hence:
if the last frame has to remain visible, for a specific duration, then lengthening the last frame as explained will be the solution making sure that the duration of the last frame is as specified.
If you want the last frame to remain visible irrespective of its duration, then the only thing you can do is look for a video player that can do that, can freeze the last frame when it comes and shows it until the video player is stopped.
(Maybe VLC)
Let us know: is that what you were asking for?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 09. 2022 15:09

wmike [Avatar]
[Post New]
Correct. It seems it is not easily done. The split idea just results in the same issue It seems that the only way to do this is to extend the timeline elements so they will remain visible for a period.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 09. 2022 15:12