Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
My mind's made up along with other frustrated PD users.
Mac and FCP - here we come - thank you.
Good-bye PD! What a frustration!

For the record nanna Wilhelm and bedside bolda: - I am a BA Television Production academic
and was so impressed with FCP back in 2002, I instructed my university to purchase an FCP
site licence.
I personally and unfortunately stayed with PC NLE's since most govt schools can't afford Mac platforms and I
persevered with purchasing PC NLE's, costing thousands to find something to match FCP.
So ends my long frustrated search. I should have known better and saved money.
It was a false hope and a false economy.
It makes excellent sense bolda.
More of this direct assessment and articulated criticism I say.
Too many PC NLE products including PD have not lived up to their PR, expectations and sales-centred promises.
Honest comparisons would have saved me a lot of money in Pinnacle, Adobe and PD products.
So the 3:1 price comparison (FCP = $359) resounds in many ways.
Yes quite a lot of FCP experience.
Have look back at the litany of complaints and upset on this site. It speaks for itself.
Yes I am relieved.
Now to unthread. Enough quibbles nanna Wilhelm and bedside bolda.
Marvelous FCP - join the charge boys!
And you are a PD salesman I suppose?
I've simply addressed issues as they relate to those cited and I have experienced with my appropriate comment - tis all.
The repetition of comments highlights the ongoing FRUSTRATIONS, and the specifics which are clearly articulated.
Continue your excellent watchfullness.
I agree - a total disappointment.
As a leader in HD footage editing, I've been regularly frustrated by Power Director.
Two days ago PD merged two projects - overlayed the audio from another completely different project into an actors showreel I was working on. What the? - Took hours to correct.

Now adding titles shifts the audio/video sync completely out. What the? -

Resolution? I'm converting my life to Mac - that's right converting my life to Mac, and buying/using FCP which is everything PD is not. Enough of this silly PC NLE software after 8 years, it's nonsense. SO FRUSTRATING - the Pinnacle sagas, the Adobe sagas.

This is one pissed-off PC user. After scripting and shooting broadcast programs and editing on unreliable PC NLE's, I've had ENOUGH!
Now that feels better.

Good bye PC and PD. It's been a turbulent romance, but ultimately we divorce.
Welcome the Mac affair......I will so enjoy you.
I agree - a total disappointment. Try to get your money back!

As a leader in HD footage editing, I've been regularly frustrated by Power Director.
Two days ago PD merged two projects - overlayed the audio from another completely different project into an actors showreel I was working on. What the? - Took hours to correct.

Resolution? I'm converting my life to Mac - that's right converting my life to Mac, and buying/using FCP which is everything PD is not. Enough of this silly PC NLE software after 8 years, it's nonsense. SO FRUSTRATING - the Pinnacle sagas, the Adobe sagas.

This is one pissed-off PC user. After scripting and shooting broadcast programs and editing on unreliable PC NLE's, I've had ENOUGH!
Now that feels better.

Good bye PC. It's been a turbulent romance, but ultimately we divorce.

Now that feels better.

Now that feels better.

Is it possible to adjust the edit settings to 'movie' rather than 'clip'?
Every time I complete triming the end of shot (clip) I want to see how the edit flows into the next shot works.
Instead it always stops at the end of the shot (clip) I've just edited.
I hope I make sense here.
Also there aren't sufficient frame-counter editing (frame up or down) opportunities in each editing window.
Cheers,
Colin.
Go to: