Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Here is the latest problem with PD 10 ultra
[Post New]
Here is the latest problem with PD 10 ultra
Burn files to desk was always sun-standard as I have said before.
So I am thinking I will get a Bly-ray burner and use PD 10 burn movies with this new settings to burn to Blu-ray burner on PC and guess what now this comes up.

Report after report to them and not one response from support.
It is just one thing after another with this software.
Music that came with PD 10 one would have to pay another $ 94.00 to use these files are you kidding.
It would not surprise me one bit with this software one has to pay more to burn disk in Blu-ray format.
I am really being to wonder who they paid to get all the great reports on PD 10 on the net.

Think long and hard before you buy PD 10 go with another produced it has to be better than this.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Too easy...

...OK, let's try this AGAIN!
Please provide us with part A & B according to the link provided. If you don't do that, NONE of the talented VOLUNTEERS here will have a snowball's chance in HELL of helping. After your previous behavior, perhaps no one will.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

And, spelling more words correctly would make you seem more intelligent.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 29. 2012 12:39

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
You got a lot of nerve , every response to myself has been with a peremptoriness a insult and you have the nerve to say I Quote :After your previous behavior, perhaps no one will. end quote
Why don't you just go back to the hole you came from and stop responding to my threads.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I'm a crab, I live under a rock.
Your spelling has greatly improved.
Punctuation and syntax, not so much.
That warning module is new to PD 10, can't recall if it was in PD9. I've only got it 3 or 4 times. I very much doubt Cyberlink ever contacts anyone due to that message, though that is not certain.
As for helping you, I'm just saying that unless you post the A & B, it will be all-but-impossible to give you proper guidance. So, good luck Mr. Slayer, I hope you get some assistance without anyone knowing what's in your operating environment. You might get lucky. By solving your issue, you might help someone else, I hope that doesn't bother you. OK, off to my rock!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 29. 2012 23:01

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
[Post New]
Well thank you for responding in a civilize manner.
However what has my spelling or punctuation and syntax got to do with anything.
And for your info I am 65 years old not a kid by any means.

MS Window 7 Home Premium 32 bit
Asus SKT.AM3 AMD 785G/SB710 2x PCI-E X16
4D,DDR3-1600, IXPCI-E IX , GBLAN,SATA RAID,DX10. 1 ,ATX
AMD PHENUM 11 X4 AM3/3.2/8MB/125
SAPPHIRE ATI HD587 1GB DDR5 PCIE 2XDVI
KINGSTON 2X2GB DDR3 1333 CL9
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
Those specs you posted are not yet enough info.
It's too bad you are 32 bit, you cannot actually use more RAM, even if you install more. RAM is very important.
However, no matter how you spell it, the A & B is needed.
Now then, we make nice a teeny bit, I've done my part here, it's up to others now.
I will resist answering your posts any further. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
djmorgan
Senior Member Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Oz. Joined: Mar 09, 2007 07:07 Messages: 233 Offline
[Post New]
I was going to let this pass but I can't.... we don't need to see just the specs of your computer!

I realise with age comes a lessing of comprehension, I'm 65 too! BUT I can read that Barry has provided a link that leads to our glorious and exalted moderator explaining WHAT information to provide so that YOU can be helped.

Now if you don't understand that please advise and I'll try a more geriatric approach to the problem.

David

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 29. 2012 21:35

Windows 7 X64 SP1
ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA1366 X58
Intel core I7 950 3.80 GHZ CPU
12Gb Corsair TR3X3G1600C8D Tri channel
Corsair H70 Water cooling
Corsair HX1000W PSU
nVidia GTX 980
Intel 240Gb SSD 520 Series
2 x Seagate 1 Tb
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Unfortunately, regardless of what people think their computer is spec wise from the box it is never what the specs it is when actually running. Usually only the amount of RAM may be correct and even that is not always true. Plus there are more specs that tell us whats going on if you provide the Dxdiag as always requested on questions that make us scratch our head.

You will be surprised at how much spec info the Dxdiag gives us, plus a sample of your video if we ask for from time to time so we can see what the codecs are with it.

Some people in here seem to baulk at giving the Dxdiag info, thinking it not necessary, and seem to think the specs off the box is what is actually what is going on. The Dxdiag tells us about your computer and how it is running...

I do not remember ever seeing that issue you are showing us and I have only recently went from 32 bit to 64 bit (on the same machines). I was only running 3 gig RAM before (8 now). With the problem you seem to have and being one most of us have never seen, we are as anxious to see what the hell is going on in your computer as you are....

Cyberlink Customer Support as you may know by now is all but totally useless for program issues. As no one in here works for CYberlink, our only reward is solving a problem for someone. But I must tell you, it is hard to help you (not specially you, but you guys that need help) when you want to argue with us, and quite simply it is easy enough for the PD gurus to just ignore you. I would like to know whats going on with your system.... and what it takes to make it work....

So I assume you are at a point in this quest that if you do not provide a Dxdiag.... nothing constructive can or will happen.... even with it we may still be scratching our heads for a while and wonder why it ain't working either....

I have found that most DVD authoring software use motion menu generator.exe and sometimes it is a conflict with other burning software on the same machine.... but even that is not always the case either....

But you can still continue to request help form Cyberlink Support which you may never get it resolved because canned answers from contract customer support never works with any product, or you can help us help you in a way that gives more ammunition to help you... Your choice.... good luck....

By the way... you can't rely on most software reviews in magazines or online magazines as IF and that's a big IF, they install the software, they only see if it starts, and one or two simple things and then rate it. Some software gets rated and never get taken out of the box.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 29. 2012 22:38

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Schbang [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2011 15:55 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I agree - a total disappointment.
As a leader in HD footage editing, I've been regularly frustrated by Power Director.
Two days ago PD merged two projects - overlayed the audio from another completely different project into an actors showreel I was working on. What the? - Took hours to correct.

Now adding titles shifts the audio/video sync completely out. What the? -

Resolution? I'm converting my life to Mac - that's right converting my life to Mac, and buying/using FCP which is everything PD is not. Enough of this silly PC NLE software after 8 years, it's nonsense. SO FRUSTRATING - the Pinnacle sagas, the Adobe sagas.

This is one pissed-off PC user. After scripting and shooting broadcast programs and editing on unreliable PC NLE's, I've had ENOUGH!
Now that feels better.

Good bye PC. It's been a turbulent romance, but ultimately we divorce.
Welcome the Mac affair......I will so enjoy you.
BillHansen [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 03, 2012 12:43 Messages: 178 Offline
[Post New]
Schbang - This is the third thread I've read this morning, to which you have posted the same frustrated note, stating that Windows and PD software are not working for you. It's almost as if you were trolling, hoping to convince others that these software applications are poor or useless - which is not the case. I'm sorry you've had so much trouble. It's likely that everyone who reads the forum has seen at least one version of your post. That sould accomplish whatever you wanted to accomplish, shouldn't it?

Bill Hansen
Ithaca NY USA Bill Hansen
Schbang [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2011 15:55 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
And you are a PD salesman I suppose?
I've simply addressed issues as they relate to those cited and I have experienced with my appropriate comment - tis all.
The repetition of comments highlights the ongoing FRUSTRATIONS, and the specifics which are clearly articulated.
Continue your excellent watchfullness. Colin
[Post New]
PD 10.0.0.1129b

As for DxDiag report
This is what I get when trying to post

Error
Error
This page can't be displayed. Contact support for additional information.
The incident ID is: 0.

Like I said one thing after anothere it never ends

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 30. 2012 12:14

Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Abslayer, I do not understand your problem in posting your Dxdiag.... thousands of them have been posted in all the PD forums... so apparently it can be done fairly easily.... you just tell it to save it then use the blue attachment button to attach your Dxdiag txt file from where you saved it to... I have never had any problems attaching anything... only took about 1 minute to get a new Dxdiag and post it....

Filename
Bubba's DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
34 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
404 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 30. 2012 13:38

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
[Post New]
O tried to copy and paste contents of Dxdiag
I will use attachment and try again
 Filename
DxDiag-Windows 7 32 bit.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
45 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
430 time(s)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi abslayer -

It's good that you were able to get your DxDiag attached. That information really helps sometimes.

The hardware specs of your PC look pretty good to me and I can't see anything that stands out as being a possible cause of your issue.

I'd definitely update the driver for your graphics card - from the manucfacturer's website http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-32.aspx (released only a few days ago). That generally helps.

Some questions:
• PD has been known to be a bit fussy about what other software shares its "space". Are there any Nero processes running in the background that might be interfering?

• Are you able to burn discs OK with windows explorer? other software, like Nero?

• When you completely uninstalled PD, did you also clear the registry? or did you just uninstall through the Control Panel?

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 30. 2012 14:43

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]

I'd definitely update the driver for your graphics card - from the manucfacturer's website http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-32.aspx (released only a few days ago). That generally helps.
WILL DO

Some questions:
• PD has been known to be a bit fussy about what other software shares its "space". Are there any Nero processes running in the background that might be interfering?
NO

• Are you able to burn discs OK with windows explorer? other software, like Nero?
Yes

• When you completely uninstalled PD, did you also clear the registry? or did you just uninstall through the Control Panel?

I used Revo Uninstaller and unstalled everything even all the hidden files
I don't know if you ever use this program it is great after it unstalls program it runs a scan for anything left in system and then you can remove them also.

I thing of note I did succeed in burning disks with PD before just was not happy with the quality.
This problem has shown up only after installing a new Blu-ray burner in PC
Now I can not burn disk in Blu-ray or even a standard DVD with PD 10 , in Nero no problem I can burn both.[/b][/i]
[Post New]
Exhausted all items to fix this problem so I guess I will rack it as just another bug one of many in PD 10
that support doesn’t address , O well fool me once shame on PD 10 fool me twice shame on me.
No more software from these folks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 01. 2012 09:25

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Please provide some snapshots of
1. the Edit Workspace and
2. the Create Disc > Burn in 2D > Final Output selection.
Full screen resolution and attach to your reply please.

3. Please provide a 5 second sample of the video you are editing and state the source of the video, example: camera = make/model

I Googled "motionmenugenerator" and came up with some interesting results. Many pointed to a malicious threat to windows by the exe. I just found the report interesting in this instance.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 01. 2012 14:00

[Post New]
Video from Panasonic HDC-TM900 Full HD 1920x1080 progressive.
video clip has been shorten but it still is over 12 MB
 Filename
Small clip of movie Nero burned.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
12909 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
323 time(s)
[Post New]
Here is work area
[Thumb - Work area.jpg]