Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Good bye PC and PD. It's been a turbulent romance, but ultimately we divorce. Welcome the Mac affair
Schbang [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2011 15:55 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I agree - a total disappointment.
As a leader in HD footage editing, I've been regularly frustrated by Power Director.
Two days ago PD merged two projects - overlayed the audio from another completely different project into an actors showreel I was working on. What the? - Took hours to correct.

Now adding titles shifts the audio/video sync completely out. What the? -

Resolution? I'm converting my life to Mac - that's right converting my life to Mac, and buying/using FCP which is everything PD is not. Enough of this silly PC NLE software after 8 years, it's nonsense. SO FRUSTRATING - the Pinnacle sagas, the Adobe sagas.

This is one pissed-off PC user. After scripting and shooting broadcast programs and editing on unreliable PC NLE's, I've had ENOUGH!
Now that feels better.

Good bye PC and PD. It's been a turbulent romance, but ultimately we divorce.
Welcome the Mac affair......I will so enjoy you.
bolda
Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Feb 02, 2011 15:10 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
Final Cut Pro, hmm. Not sure if it makes sense to compare products whose price tags are at ratio 3:1. Also, do you actually have any hands-on experience with Final Cut Pro to give the people on this forum some useful information rather than just relief yourself?
[Post New]
Mac has always been the superior platform for anything to do with graphics , but that is about it.
Schbang [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2011 15:55 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
It makes excellent sense bolda.
More of this direct assessment and articulated criticism I say.
Too many PC NLE products including PD have not lived up to their PR, expectations and sales-centred promises.
Honest comparisons would have saved me a lot of money in Pinnacle, Adobe and PD products.
So the 3:1 price comparison (FCP = $359) resounds in many ways.
Yes quite a lot of FCP experience.
Have look back at the litany of complaints and upset on this site. It speaks for itself.
Yes I am relieved.
Now to unthread. Enough quibbles nanna Wilhelm and bedside bolda.
Marvelous FCP - join the charge boys! Colin
bolda
Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Feb 02, 2011 15:10 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
Hi abslayer,

I Just wanted to point out that your post was illogical to me. Your reasoning in the second post just reinforces this feeling in me: you say you do have "quite a lot of" experience with Final Cut Pro. Why did you ever spend money on PowerDirector, then? SORRY, I NOW SEE THIS OTHER POST WAS by Schbang:

You're mixing advertising and (whose?) expectations. Which particular PowerDirector's advertised feature wasn't delivered to you? Perhaps you just misinterpreted some marketing talk for yourself.

PowerDirector delivers what I need to me and I find buying it a fair deal.

There are compatibility problems and I hear complaints about rather poor technical support by Cyberlink (no personal experience). Can you positively confirm Final Cut Pro is out of such issues. That might be useful information to share.

This forum is not Cyberlink. This forum is the users. Did you mean to tell the people here you were smarter than them?

Jirka

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 30. 2012 13:27

Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
When I go into the final cut pro forums.... guess what... unhappy people in there too.... Hmmmmmmm..... __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link