Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote The PDR workspace is made up of a number of 'Windows' each of which can be re-sized. Perhaps making the preview screen larger on your screen would help. If you watch your mouse cursor whilst moving it around at the edge of the preview window you should find the edge which you can 'grab' and 'drag'. You can even double click the preview to go full screen although that might not help you.

THANKS LONGEDGE...that helped bunches! ;
Sorry, forgot to say that I'm using Power Director 13.

Thanks!
I thought everything was going fine till I watched the movie full screen and realized my dubbing was as bad as an old 60s Japanese Gonzilla Flick!

I'm trying to fix it, but can't see the lips close enough in the small preview screen. Is there a way to increase the preview screen size?

Thanks!
Quote Using PD 13 I've put together a 120 minute video featuring an interview and tour of our local museum by one of the granddaughters of one of the brothers who started our town.

I've been plagued with problems, and have continually had to set the movie aside until I had time to work out the bugs. I finally got it all together and kept my fingers crossed while producing it. Well, though the movie and sound track are quite insync before production, after production, it's like an old Japanese movie...mouth and words do not sync up. I've tried producing it twice and results were the same with both productions.

What might be happening during production that could cause this sort of problem, when it is totally synced up when previewed before producing? Anyone?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Do you have hardware acelleration checked in Edit - Preferences? If so, try again with it unchecked

UPDATE: I did as shadowman suggested and also saved in .M2ts format and it worked. Voice is synced with the video! Thanks Shadow!
Using PD 13 I've put together a 120 minute video featuring an interview and tour of our local museum by one of the granddaughters of one of the brothers who started our town.

I've been plagued with problems, and have continually had to set the movie aside until I had time to work out the bugs. I finally got it all together and kept my fingers crossed while producing it. Well, though the movie and sound track are quite insync before production, after production, it's like an old Japanese movie...mouth and words do not sync up. I've tried producing it twice and results were the same with both productions.

What might be happening during production that could cause this sort of problem, when it is totally synced up when previewed before producing? Anyone?

Thanks guys! I'm in and out today, so we'll work on this later today when I'm more in.

For now, I'm burning by first producing my timeline, then going to create disc in PD13, choosing 8.5 DVD (when I choose 4.7 it says disc isn't large enough), chosing Mpeg-2 1080 x 1920 and then previewing it (then take out the annoying music that it's automatically populated with and I always forget to remove) and then click burn in 2D, choosing burn and checking burn to folder. I've never used the folder after so don't know what it's all about, but I always choose it.) And then start the burn...

So that's how I do it... It's how I did my first 35 minute nature video and it works great. I am trying to do the same steps with this one. I'm sure the problems have something to do with the fact that this one is 2 hours long. The Museum is having a 100 yr celebration of the establishment of the "dirty dancing" type resort in 1917 that started our little city of Beautiful Bella Vista, AR, in 8 days from now, so I have until then to get the video completed.

And it would be nice if I dind't have to waste another disc...these double discts cost me 20.00 for 5 of them and I've already killed two... only 3 to go. ; When I first put the DVD in, it asks how I want to use it and I always choose "as a DVD that can play in a DVD player) rather then a USB drive that can be used for data".

I do so hope my computer is not one that has trouble with double discs. The only option then would be to split this movie into two, and there's no good place to do that naturally...

See you later this afternoon or evening. Thanks again for trying to help. ;

Dustie
Hi All.... reciently I had problems getting my 2 hour program to fit on my memorex dual disc, and found the answer here. Now I've another problem. When I burn to disc, I'm not getting my produced program but a number of seperate files, each a bit of the video, but not the full movie that will play in my DVD player.

This movie is a 2 hour tour of our local History Museum by one of our seniors who's grandfather was one of the founders of the city. We want it to play at the museum.

I've no problem burning the movie on regular size dvd's but only if I divide the program into two parts, one part to each dvd. We're hoping to get it onto one disc, but it's just not working. I've tried burning it twice and both times got the same thing. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. My DVD player says "Can't read this disc" and when I view the DVD on my computer I don't see the movie title at all, but rather a bunch of files (below), none of which is the full movie...

Video_TS.BUP 6/10/2017 4:05AM BUP File 12KB
Video_TS 6/10/2017 4:05AM IFO File 12KB
Video_TS 6/10/2017 4:05AM VOP File 1,716KB
VTS_01_0.BUP 6/10/2017 4:05AM BUP File 54KB
VTS_01_0 6/10/2017 4:05AM IFO File 54KB
VTS_01_1 6/10/2017 4:05AM VOB File 1,048,560KB
VTS_01_2 6/10/2017 4:05AM VOB File 1,048,568KB
VTS_01_3 6/10/2017 4:05AM VOB File 1,048,564KB
VTS_01_4 6/10/2017 4:05AM VOB File 287,256KB

Anyone have any idea why I can't simply burn the produced movie as a whole to the Memorex DVD+R 8x / 8.5GB/ 240mn disc so it will play on my DVD player?

Thanks for any help,

Dustie
Longedge, In that link in the first post you mentioned I missed the part about picking the DVD obviously. I was so frustrated I was simply skimming. Another newbie mistake. When I'm stuck, I really should READ everything! I get so mad at myself for causing myself such aggrevation! Thank you for your help!
Oh My Gosh...You guys are great! Good suggestions all. I went back to the program to get exactly what it said when I tried to burn and discovered I'd made a total newbie error. Though I'm not a newbie exactly It's been awhile since I've done any editing and I've never done anything over a half hour or so. I never noticed the drop down arrow under disc type. I only had to choose the 8.5 disc type and I'm good to go.

Thanks so much for all the help and suggestions. You're all the best, as always!
Thanks for trying to help. I read that post, but it only helped me by letting me know I chose the right DVDs. They are 8X/8.5GB/240min and my movie is 120 minutes and 42 seconds. Also, it's telling me I need at least 4 GB in memory for it to fir the disc...that's more then half my movie. I'm stumped! It should fit!
Hi all...been awhile but good to see you.

I'm trying to print a 2+ hour recording on a brand new Memorex dual disc...Disc says 7.96 gb and my movie is 6.16 GB...but it keeps coming back saying I need an additional 4.3 GB. Any idea why?

Thanks you guys. I'm bookmarking this thread until I'm ready to attempt this daunting task. ; Wish I could just absorb your knowledge on all this, or that I was younger and could just go back to school and learn all about how computers work! Either way would work for me!
Fenman, thank you! I will definitely check out that program. Seems like that will be the way to go! Thanks again!
So how do I save all my programs, like Windows and the like, or do I? Guess maybe I won't be doing that after all. Can I move programs from my C drive, to my D drive, like Adobe Photoshop which takes a lot of memoriy?
Thanks Carl. I'd just like to take 100 GB and give it to the OS drive. The word destructive sounds scary though... I'll just have to think on it. Maybe this winter when I've more time to study up on the situation
Tomasc,

Read the post above and you'll see I fixed the problem...but I believe you solved my head scratching on how I did it.

I'll never have 100 GB free on my C drive, since it's just a 95GB drive...It's partitioned into three drives, a small C (OS), and then a D and an F, both with 500 Gb. One of these days I'm going to try to figure out how to repartition then, but haven't done it yet. I'm afraid to mess something up.

Could be though, that so much was open on my computer, rebooting freed up enough space to allow the program to run normally. That would explain why rebooting the computer worked. I've moved about all I dare to move from the OS drive so I'll just have to reboot more often until I can figure out how to re-partition the drives.

Thanks so much for all your help Tomasc!
Decided to give a short 30 second clip a try to see if it would take a long time to render. While looking for one on my hard drive I couldn't get any of my videos to play, either in PD or in Media Player. The message when I tried to open them said that the file format could not be read. I've never had trouble watching any of them before.

So I did what I always do when I'm truly stuck. I rebooted the computer and now all can be read and the rendering on PD is back to normal. Don't know what the problem was...it's a real head scratcher...but a reboot fixed it. I would have bet you a reboot would have nothing to do with the rendering of a video in PD...but I would have been wrong. So glad it's not the new PD13!

I'm getting off now so I can do the happy dance! happy dance
Tomasc..thanks for trying to help.

OK...cancelled the current rendering. It's been 5 hours now and have only gotten 5 minutes ... Need to find the answer.

Was trying to use H.264/MP4 1080 x 1920 24p 16mbps

Been using this same setting to render quick clips...30 sec to a minute for stock video and it usually produces in just a few minutes. At this current rate it would mean my 45 second vids should take 45 minutes and they dont...at least they didn't using PD11.
It's now taken 2 hours 20 minutes to produce 2 hours and 20 minutes of a 52 minute movie...only 50 hours to go now, at this rate. And not even 1% has been reached on the producing line. This is crazy slow.... I've
tried canceling it and producing it in different formats...doesn't matter. I'm so stumped. I'd hate to go back to PD11. Can anyone help?

producing slow
Ok...now it's been rendering for 40 minutes. If I'm reading this right, it's going to take 55 hours to render??? This can't be normal? It's only a 55 minute program. What am I doing wrong?

rendering
Go to: