Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'm trying to burn but says won't fit on disc - SOLVED!
[Post New]
Hi all...been awhile but good to see you.

I'm trying to print a 2+ hour recording on a brand new Memorex dual disc...Disc says 7.96 gb and my movie is 6.16 GB...but it keeps coming back saying I need an additional 4.3 GB. Any idea why?

Thanks in advance for any help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 09. 2017 12:21

Dustie
I'm still working on it....
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
This post may help you. Note Stevek's comment about selecting the 8.6GB disc option.
[Post New]
Thanks for trying to help. I read that post, but it only helped me by letting me know I chose the right DVDs. They are 8X/8.5GB/240min and my movie is 120 minutes and 42 seconds. Also, it's telling me I need at least 4 GB in memory for it to fir the disc...that's more then half my movie. I'm stumped! It should fit! Dustie
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
In that case perhaps you could post the dxdiag output from your computer. See the 4th item in this post if you need help with how to do that.

p.s. - I mentioned the first post because people sometimes don't realise that not only do you have to choose the correct type of DVD to burn but you then also have to choose the correct size of DVD from the drop down box below that selection.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 09. 2017 11:04

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Nightowl - Not sure of where you get those numbers from. If you check Burn to folder then you will have an exact number for us to determine what you need to do next. The problem may be too many chapters and you will then may need to do something else. This information should help us all.
[Post New]
Oh My Gosh...You guys are great! Good suggestions all. I went back to the program to get exactly what it said when I tried to burn and discovered I'd made a total newbie error. Though I'm not a newbie exactly It's been awhile since I've done any editing and I've never done anything over a half hour or so. I never noticed the drop down arrow under disc type. I only had to choose the 8.5 disc type and I'm good to go.

Thanks so much for all the help and suggestions. You're all the best, as always! Dustie
[Post New]
Longedge, In that link in the first post you mentioned I missed the part about picking the DVD obviously. I was so frustrated I was simply skimming. Another newbie mistake. When I'm stuck, I really should READ everything! I get so mad at myself for causing myself such aggrevation! Thank you for your help!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 09. 2017 12:42

Dustie
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
"I was simply skimming. Another newbie mistake. " smile - There but for the grace of god. One of my many shortcomings too!