Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
This forum is very supportive, and like others I have had, and still have, not infrequent annoying crashes. Mine seem to mostly occur when using the "Magic " functions, when the awful familiar window pops up that the program has to close, and I have to restart and re-open. So, I keep my Norton antivirus off,( am off line as I have only dial-up access to the net, when working), and I re-save my project evry few minutes so I don't have to re-do a lot when this happens. I use my "Sonic DVD" software that came with my computer for the disc writing phase after PD5 has produced my movie, so have not had issues at that stage as have others.
However, having said that, and having created about 7 one hour DVD's so far, I am still thrilled with the almost professional looking things I have been able to produce from my old movies and images.
I have to say that despite some angry cussing sessions, I am still amazed to see what PD5 allows me to do , and it is the best software value I have ever bought for a measly $100 !!! ougw
I have on a number of occasions had the PD5 freeze, and a window of "PD.exe" appears, and the message is that Microsoft has to close, and do I want to send an error message etc. If I debug or exit, I lose the last work which had not been saved. As a result I now save my work every few minutes. It is still a nuisance to have to re-open PD5 and wait for the library to fill, and for the timeline to be set in place again. Is there a software download for this instability problem? It has also occurred when using Magic Motion on an image clip. Doug
Thanks for all the replies. I did not make myself quite clear, I think. As some have surmised, I wanted to leave the sound of my father's comments running, while replacing the image of him speaking, intermittently, with still images of what he is talking about. I thought about using the PIP function to do this , but not having used it till now, wasn't sure if i could make the size of the PIP image big enough to pretty much fill the screen with the still image. If I do this I am not sure how this would compromise the audio track. By the way, this forum is a great idea, as can be seen from the surge of interest ! dougw
I have a video with an interview of my father. I plan to make a project in which I will intermittently replace the video with photos of the subjects being discussed, similar to tv interviews. I have power Director 5 and after a bit of a frustating learning curve, have turned out some satisfying DVD's from my analogue camcoder footage, as well as from digital stills, and have used the pan and zoom functions on them as well. So, how do i proceed? Dougw
Go to: