Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello,

I have a panasonic tm700 which produces 1080 60f .MTS files. I have not had trouble editing them with PD10, and use the highest quality MP4 to render. The results are pretty good actually. I was just wondering if this was the best choice or if there was a way to toggle a few parameters within PD10 to produce the best quality.

Much Thanks.

Greg
just a quick PS-

They all are fine in the Library within the program itself. It is only when using the DLNA sever I have problems. I have not integrated any MP3 in the system becuase I use Rhapsody for that.

Thanks.
RJS,

I don't think your being critical. I'm being a bit unrealistic and it's good to hear your not having problems with JPG. I know there was someone else who had my problem, but it is true that if you can't reproduce a problem it's hard to find a fix. I own several cyberlink products including powerdirector, youcam, powerdvd, and for several years.

I just feel like in this case they did not do a very good job in interation testing and especially with other programs (non-cyberlink) programs installed. When I upgraded from powerDVD11 I just ran into several basic issues being broken and it has left a bad taste in my mouth. If your not having problems with JPG then my guess is my orginal thought of these problems being related is wrong. The strange thing is, when I get these issues with JPG they do have a pattern. Wether it be PS3, I-PHONE, SAMSUNG PLAYER, etc., the newly added photo JPGs that start to break show the same pattern everywhere, so I know it is the server side. By adding more and more photos they get more corrupted (more numbers showing this "generic pattern", or nothing at all. When I try to look at the files they are fine. Only the thumbnail is corrupted. The weird thing is, as more and more restarts of the W7 operating system occur, the files progressivly get worse. I'm just ticked I haven't found a workaround and my frustration has been more with past issues than this one.

Basically I'm being unreasonable. I DO get the impression they want to fix the problems. Obviously some of the things when it was first released (like not being able to even play Blu-rays) had to have been working on their systems, so any of frustrations we might all feel, it seems to be me perhaps platform is more of an issue than overall bugs just withing the program itself. When I send Michael my photo my thumbnail issue if you would like I can send it to you as well. You seem to have a good understanding of an issue that might be related. I'm curious to your thoughts, and thanks for your reply.

Greg
Michael,

I will take a screen shot and send it to you personally if this is acceptable to you as the picture I will take will have some real thumbnails as well as the ones that are not working. Let me know if this is OK and I will get the shot of the "generic thubmnails" to you by this weekend.

Greg
pardon my spelling errors, working off digital keypad......best of luck to you all.
Rjs,

Your analysis is correbct. It took weeks for cyberlink to even admit there were problems with the POWERDVD program finding the SERVER. More and more info sent, open tickets, they can't reproduce, etc. etc......then, it was (most ofld it anyway fixed). I would be happy to provide more info on the thubnail problems I am having with JPG files, but once several people complain of the same issue, that is enough in my mind.

1 of 2 things will happen. They will fix the obvious memory problems they have with thumbnails down the road, or they want. reading through the forums my guess is they have bigger fish to fry at this time. Some files want even play still according to what I have read. Thubnais is important to me, but when you have a major release this bad i'm sure resources have divided where most appropriate for all users.

Michael you seem like a nice guy who does want to help, but continuing to ask for more info when problems are reproduced by several customers no longers seems reasonable to me either. I hope this will be fixed down the road. Until then I will use WMP for my photo DLNA server.
Hello,

I wrote a thread about this issue a while back. And no, it is not platform related issue to my computer. It is becuase BETA testing was not done well with this release. Of course none of us can answer that question, including you Micheal I am guessing. Much like the MediaServer not being found was just a "platform" problem until it was corrected.

The only thumbnails you are guranteed to get correctly EVERYTIME is when you install the program and have it search your Library for pics, videos, etc. After that, you can usually get the pics backs, but some thumbnails will show blank or "generic" ( a pic of rose and trees or something like that) and you can add/remove from library, share/unshare from the via the DLNA server, and any combination of the above. Unless you want to re-install the software from scratch, which of course comes with the lovely install packages that look for previous issues to work, then you are not guarnteed thumnails of pics at the least. I have not tested videos extensively. These are normal JPG files, on the local hardrive (My Pics to be exact), and this happens to way more people than just on my "platform". I have opened up tickets as have others and your first response is always to make sure this or make sure that like we just started using this type of software before. We of course have never used the WMP DLNA capablites (which of course do work for thumbnails).

If my tone sounds snide, it is becuase for over a week I and others was told on a VERY basic issue like trying to locate the media sever with POWERDVD was some kind of "special problem" until of cousre it wasn't and you released a patch for both the I-phone APP and the PC PowerDVD 12 program. My guess is you have a memory problem, becuase once these pic thumbnails don't show correctly, they stay that way evertime until you add more pics or make other changes to the Library structure. Again, the only way I found that will consistently correct the issue is when the program is first installed.

Yes it sucks. And no I won't send anymore files. Just read the comments and try an assumption that your customers understand how this software should work and probably more times than not we no a bug when we see one. The Roach is alive and kicking.

Have a nice day.
I see that it does save files to downloaded portion if you hold it and have it checked, it appears just the camera roll is effected on the pics. Pretty minor I guess. After reading about people losing their liscensed on the last update this is pretty small.

If I sounded annoyed in the last post michael, I am. I still have issues like no thumbnail preveiws and other minor playback problems from time to time. I have been a customer since powerdvd 8 and as well with powerlink director. I am just really disappointed in the response time of tickets that I have opened and I'm sorry to say, but POWERDVD 12 feels more BETA than anything I have ever installed on my PC. Anyway, I think you do the best you can. All I can say is that you should consider clean install files for all your products so people don't have to start from scratch and personally I think some kind of coupon or something should be done for the amount of problems that have existed in the past and from what I read continue to exist.

Best.
This is my LAST post. You fixed the problem of powerDVD mobile not seeing the server. NOW it won't download any files from photos or videos to the phone. I just have ONE quesiton. do you guys EVER test software before putting it out for beta testing. I'm sorry, but i'm just disgusted at this point.

Feel free to credit my account for making sure the orginal problem of not finding the server was taken care of. It only took multiple open tickets and listening to excellent advice about makeing sure I downloaded the correct Iphone APP. Oh, and several other complaining from other customers of course.

When I say download to camera roll on a picture found on the server it does EXACTLY NOTHING. Also, you have yet to answer the question....what is the SERIAL number for in POWERDVD it it never asks for it on the mobile APP on I-PHONE. I think that was only asked about 10 times.

Don't expect any more posts from me, and next time I'm BETA testing (and still doing it) I would like freeware at the least, and preferably a pay check since I and others apparently do more testing than your engineers.

Peace.
Thanks for the advice David.
thank you. u suspect there will not be need for another release of the software for the i-phone, only powerdvd 12. good luck.
it shows like a picture of a some kiknd of flower (maybe a rose) and a mountain. All the same so that is why I call it generic. I can take pic if you like of the TV screen where I see this. It's random after you start adding more photos to library. the orginal folders are fine, but as you add more, more "generic" thubnails start to show. Once they are like that they stay that way in the server and show on different devices in the same manner. That is how I linked it to the cyberlink SERVER side. It's strange. when I open the pic to look at it, it is normal. only the thumbnail seems to be effected. I also so this with some MPG video clips. After adding a lot to the library, all the pics showed this rose/mountain preview on the thumbnail.....
SR # DVD120119-05 (DVD111214-01)
Version 12.0.1514.54

The SERVER works becuase I can see it ON in all other hardware on the network...IE PS3, SAMSUNG PLAYER, Other PCs...........

I have not disabled anything. Again I ask this question:
WHEN am I supposed to use the number provided by the CYBERLINK program to put in my I-PHONE??? I am never asked for ANYTHING.

I don't mind providing this info to you, and I do appreciate your help, but everything you just asked for has been submitted through the formal ticket process. The last response was to ask me if I was using the ultra 4 free version for the iphone and gave me another link to it. Please don't do this.

It seems apparent to me from the other posts that the latest patch caused the glitch. I don't know because I never tried it without the latest patch.

My biggest question is now even if this is not fixed right away: how do I USE the number provided by the cyberlink 12 program for POWERDVD MOBILE. I am NEVER asked for it??? How is this supposed to work. I am 100% positive I have all the correct programs here and again, if you read the other posts you will see this should be an offical BUG, especially since it worked before for some people and stopped after the patch. Again thanks for the help.

Greg
Note my post about thumbnails a few posts down. I have not seen this problem, but do believe there are issues with thubnails in general, as I have issues with them on the DLNA function to multiple devices. With all the serious problem with version 12, my guess is that this is pretty low on the priority list.
Possibly, but they show fine when first installed, and then get worse when adding more and more pics. Besides, all of the pics are JPG. Also, WMP works fine with showing all the correct thumbnails. Only CYBERLINK server appears to have the problem.
Michael. Per the ticket I opened, it is the latest 5.1 IOS on I-phone and up to date on CYBERLINK and Windows 7. I am going through a LINKSYS ROUTER, which should not make any difference, but maybe that could explain why your NOT seeing the problem. The PC is hardwired to the router and of course it is wireless to the phone. Too many people are seeing this to be a simple configuration problem I think. First off, when am I supposed to be prompted to put in the code provided by the CYBERLINK program into the PHONE. i am never asked anything about it. Also note, POWERDVD remote does ask for the 4 digit code and DOES work. Thanks for trying.

Greg
Had the same problem. Let me know if you able to get them to provide you a clean install. Best of luck. I had to put back in 11 before installing 12.
Actually I should correct one part of the statement. It does seem to be OK on PCs running Windows 7. But the other devices like the Samsung TV, Smart Player, and PS3 show the incorrect generic thumbnails.
When first putting in PowerDVD it reads files well at the point of setup and makes sure all thumb nails of the orginal folders when installed show as normal. However, when adding Library Content, many of the thumbnails go "Generic" instead of displaying the orginal information of the picture taken.

As more and more files and folders are added, especially from an external drive, thumbnails get more and more corrupted. The files are fine when you play them, but the generic thumnails overtake the correct jpg that should be showing. This problem is definetly on Cyberlink end, as I verified mulptiple Hosts (PS3, Samsung TV, all PC in the network, etc and the same issue is reproduced EXACTLY all all the different devices.

Videos also do this, but since I was testing with PHOTOS I have more data to report with regards to that. I think this is a plain old BUG.....

I have asked for support throught tickets and some of the suggestions are insulting. One reply said make sure I'm using version 4 and not version 3. The title said 4 and referenced all the newest versions of POWERDVD 12 and POWERDVD Mobile. I have seen though I-PHONE forums that many others have problems with this mobile verions of the program when it comes to playing media FROM PC to I-phone. when I try to use Home Media the mobile app fails to find the CYBERLINK Server on PC. The PC CAN see the phone and play it's media.

Any thought on how to get this to work, or is that just standard. Also, I have a number to supposedly pair POWERDVD 12 to the phone, but I'm never asked to input this info into the phone. Is this normal??

The support of this leaves a lot to be desired. It asked me to collect info, which I did (eventhough I said I had all patches and updates applied). The second reply was to make sure I had the correct version on the iphone. Really??

Any help appreciated.
Go to: