Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD mobile 4 Ultra Free fails to see media server
GREG1111 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 25, 2011 11:38 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I have asked for support throught tickets and some of the suggestions are insulting. One reply said make sure I'm using version 4 and not version 3. The title said 4 and referenced all the newest versions of POWERDVD 12 and POWERDVD Mobile. I have seen though I-PHONE forums that many others have problems with this mobile verions of the program when it comes to playing media FROM PC to I-phone. when I try to use Home Media the mobile app fails to find the CYBERLINK Server on PC. The PC CAN see the phone and play it's media.

Any thought on how to get this to work, or is that just standard. Also, I have a number to supposedly pair POWERDVD 12 to the phone, but I'm never asked to input this info into the phone. Is this normal??

The support of this leaves a lot to be desired. It asked me to collect info, which I did (eventhough I said I had all patches and updates applied). The second reply was to make sure I had the correct version on the iphone. Really??

Any help appreciated.
davidjuarezburgos [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 30, 2012 04:48 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
The same here. Just sending info ... and more info and waiting for a solution ...
But all started with 1514 patch !! Before patch everything worked fine.
rgds.
RichardAu [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2012 16:49 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I can confirm that Patch 1514 caused the same issue on my computer.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I have no trouble here with my iPhone 4using iOS5.1 - can you please post your model and iOS Version?

please also check:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21448.page

thanks
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
s [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2012 10:09 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Exact same problem - ios5 on both new ipad and iphone 4s
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
please provide more informations - I can not reproduce the isse here with my installations.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21448.page

br

Werde Facebook Fan
s [Avatar]
[Post New]
Reviews in the app store also illustrate this problem - ipads and iPhones can not see the pc home server - problem happened for me starting with last patch for powerdvd 12. Powerdvd 12 CAN see files on iPhones and iPads. My guess is the patch broke something
GREG1111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Michael. Per the ticket I opened, it is the latest 5.1 IOS on I-phone and up to date on CYBERLINK and Windows 7. I am going through a LINKSYS ROUTER, which should not make any difference, but maybe that could explain why your NOT seeing the problem. The PC is hardwired to the router and of course it is wireless to the phone. Too many people are seeing this to be a simple configuration problem I think. First off, when am I supposed to be prompted to put in the code provided by the CYBERLINK program into the PHONE. i am never asked anything about it. Also note, POWERDVD remote does ask for the 4 digit code and DOES work. Thanks for trying.

Greg
[Post New]
Hi Greg1111,

please confirm:
- you use PowerDVD 12 ULTRA (Please post the SR number [it is not the CD-Key])
- you have not disabled any services or startup items manually
- You have enabled the server in powerDVD 12

br
Michael

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
GREG1111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
SR # DVD120119-05 (DVD111214-01)
Version 12.0.1514.54

The SERVER works becuase I can see it ON in all other hardware on the network...IE PS3, SAMSUNG PLAYER, Other PCs...........

I have not disabled anything. Again I ask this question:
WHEN am I supposed to use the number provided by the CYBERLINK program to put in my I-PHONE??? I am never asked for ANYTHING.

I don't mind providing this info to you, and I do appreciate your help, but everything you just asked for has been submitted through the formal ticket process. The last response was to ask me if I was using the ultra 4 free version for the iphone and gave me another link to it. Please don't do this.

It seems apparent to me from the other posts that the latest patch caused the glitch. I don't know because I never tried it without the latest patch.

My biggest question is now even if this is not fixed right away: how do I USE the number provided by the cyberlink 12 program for POWERDVD MOBILE. I am NEVER asked for it??? How is this supposed to work. I am 100% positive I have all the correct programs here and again, if you read the other posts you will see this should be an offical BUG, especially since it worked before for some people and stopped after the patch. Again thanks for the help.

Greg
[Post New]
Hi,
thanks for your input - we can now reproduce the issue and working on a fix in PowerDVD 12.

br

Werde Facebook Fan
GREG1111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
thank you. u suspect there will not be need for another release of the software for the i-phone, only powerdvd 12. good luck.
s [Avatar]
[Post New]
When is the next patch expected?
[Post New]
Hi,
should be ready this week if nothing goes wrong

Greetings

Werde Facebook Fan
T [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 22, 2011 08:37 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Yes it stopped working after the update
[Post New]
Hi,
we are finalizing new patch to solve these issues.

br

Werde Facebook Fan
davidjuarezburgos [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 30, 2012 04:48 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
hello,
what about new patch?
brgs
[Post New]
Hi,
as far as I know it is planned to be released next week

Werde Facebook Fan
sbundy47 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 08, 2012 17:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I updated to the latest iPhone/iPad PowerDVD Mobile version 4.0.6288 released on May 8, 2012 but the iPad still continues to search for Media Servers without ever finding any. Like others, I can see the media on my PC from the iPad but not the other way around. Do you guys actually get the problem? The iPad sees the PC but cannot connect to the media servers to access any of the media in libray shared. Please update or upgrade this with one that actually works!
s [Avatar]
[Post New]
New update did not fix for me either. Michael -can you look into for us? Thanks!