Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thumnails issues with JGP files when streaming from Cyberlink Media Library to Host
GREG1111 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 25, 2011 11:38 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
When first putting in PowerDVD it reads files well at the point of setup and makes sure all thumb nails of the orginal folders when installed show as normal. However, when adding Library Content, many of the thumbnails go "Generic" instead of displaying the orginal information of the picture taken.

As more and more files and folders are added, especially from an external drive, thumbnails get more and more corrupted. The files are fine when you play them, but the generic thumnails overtake the correct jpg that should be showing. This problem is definetly on Cyberlink end, as I verified mulptiple Hosts (PS3, Samsung TV, all PC in the network, etc and the same issue is reproduced EXACTLY all all the different devices.

Videos also do this, but since I was testing with PHOTOS I have more data to report with regards to that. I think this is a plain old BUG.....

GREG1111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Actually I should correct one part of the statement. It does seem to be OK on PCs running Windows 7. But the other devices like the Samsung TV, Smart Player, and PS3 show the incorrect generic thumbnails.
flogger123 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 24, 2012 08:22 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
It is also possible that TVs like Samsung not to have the sufficient codecs to read this.
GREG1111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Possibly, but they show fine when first installed, and then get worse when adding more and more pics. Besides, all of the pics are JPG. Also, WMP works fine with showing all the correct thumbnails. Only CYBERLINK server appears to have the problem.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
what do you mean by "incorrect generic thumbnails."

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
GREG1111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
it shows like a picture of a some kiknd of flower (maybe a rose) and a mountain. All the same so that is why I call it generic. I can take pic if you like of the TV screen where I see this. It's random after you start adding more photos to library. the orginal folders are fine, but as you add more, more "generic" thubnails start to show. Once they are like that they stay that way in the server and show on different devices in the same manner. That is how I linked it to the cyberlink SERVER side. It's strange. when I open the pic to look at it, it is normal. only the thumbnail seems to be effected. I also so this with some MPG video clips. After adding a lot to the library, all the pics showed this rose/mountain preview on the thumbnail.....
David1946 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 18, 2012 02:15 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Have similar problem Greg1111. Found that if you remove folders from the Cyberlink library and then add them again, the system re-scans and adds thumbnails back in. A bit of a pain but it works for now until the cause of the problem is fixed.
GREG1111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the advice David.
David1946 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 18, 2012 02:15 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
You're welcome, Greg. Hope it works for you.