Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have PD14 on both a lap top and desk top. Both are set to 16:9 ratio. I have loaded scanned slide images into a project in the lap top set at 16:9. This is saved on an external hard drive. I have adjusted/reduced the slide images to fit the TV screen limits and saved as 16:9. I have transfeed to project on the desk top also set at 16:9 and everything opens ok with the images set at the tv screen limits. After working on the project I save it still in 16:9 back to the hard drive. When I open PD on the laptop it is still set to 16:9 however when I re-open the project as soon as the images have all been identified and the insertion into the time line takes place the aspect changes on its own to 4:3. This alters all the reduced sized images and if the aspect is then changed back to 16:9 the imges are become completley incorrect. I presume PD is recognising the reduced images as closer to 4:3 than 16:9 and adjusting itself automatically. Is there any way that I can stop this adjustment and why is it not occuring when I load the project to the desk top. General settings for both machines are the same. I wondered about inserting a piece of 16:9 filming at the begining of the time line which could removed when the wole project is completed but feel there should be some way of fixing the aspect whatever the size of the iamnges used. Any advice welcomed.
Quote I might have missed something but I'm not quite clear - are you running PDR and then opening your previous project at which point it hangs or double clicking the .pds? You could try opening one of the most recent automatic backups which in my system are located at

C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\15.0\Cache\AutoSave\

If that works then it would show the saved project has been corrupted somehow and the easiest I think would be to delete it and save the backup in it's place.

It might help to post the output from dxdiag on your system.

Fantastic - located abd restored. Thanks very much indeed !!
Quote I have an on going project that will not load into PD. It was saved correctly at the last shut down and seems from its properties to be all ok. When I try to load the project it is recognized and the project box appears, the blue line starts and the wording load data to time line shows but only very briefly and nothing comes in. When I try to close PD it asks me if I want to save the project so it seems to think it has accepted new data. I have tried loading direct from Windows Explorer allowing the file to recognize and open PD but the action is the same. The action is the same both ways on another pc. Looking at project properties in Windows Explorer it does indicate that the file was been used today and shows that the files size is 5.5meg so all its properties are still there. I am using Windows 10 have many other projects in progress ( some larger than this one ) and all of these load ok so it seems that the problem lies within the project.

Has anybody a quick fix or an idea on recovery as I don't want to read load and amend all the clips, juggle the titles and the back ground music.

Two things worth trying.

1 change the name of the File and try again

2 copy the file in Windows and try the duplicate

Thanks for your suggestions. I bit the bullet due to time constraints and as I only needed to make two minor adjustments to the project I loaded the finished mpeg of the project and cut and inserted the new pieces into that and saved again as a new project. Now I have time I will try you suggestions.
Quote I might have missed something but I'm not quite clear - are you running PDR and then opening your previous project at which point it hangs or double clicking the .pds? You could try opening one of the most recent automatic backups which in my system are located at

C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\15.0\Cache\AutoSave\

If that works then it would show the saved project has been corrupted somehow and the easiest I think would be to delete it and save the backup in it's place.

It might help to post the output from dxdiag on your system.

Thanks for your suggestions. I bit the bullet due to time constraints and as I only needed to make two minor adjustments to the project I loaded the finished mpeg of the project and cut and inserted the new pieces into that and saved again as a new project. Now I have time I will try you suggestions.
I have an on going project that will not load into PD. It was saved correctly at the last shut down and seems from its properties to be all ok. When I try to load the project it is recognized and the project box appears, the blue line starts and the wording load data to time line shows but only very briefly and nothing comes in. When I try to close PD it asks me if I want to save the project so it seems to think it has accepted new data. I have tried loading direct from Windows Explorer allowing the file to recognize and open PD but the action is the same. The action is the same both ways on another pc. Looking at project properties in Windows Explorer it does indicate that the file was been used today and shows that the files size is 5.5meg so all its properties are still there. I am using Windows 10 have many other projects in progress ( some larger than this one ) and all of these load ok so it seems that the problem lies within the project.

Has anybody a quick fix or an idea on recovery as I don't want to read load and amend all the clips, juggle the titles and the back ground music.
Thanks for your advice. I will open up PD and follow your advice tomorrow. I will let you know the results.

David
I am using PD 14 and previously used PD 9 so have been a used for a number of years. In my surrect project I have a problem with changing aspect ratios.

I have PD set to 16:9 aspect ratio on home page. I am making slide presentations of scanned 35mm slides. The project is set to 16:9 ratio. I import the images place them on the time line, adjust the shape proportionally to the TV aspect limits and save the file. Everything is good. When I re-open the file despite the home page setting still being 16:9 and the project working page also being set to 16:9 on importation the aspect ratio on the working page changes to 4:3 and all the images adjust. If I now change the aspect ratio back to 16:9 the images will need major adjustment and if I use " set clip attributes " to reset the images to 16:9 they are out of proportion to the 35mm image sizing. How can I save the original working 16:9 image so that it re-opens still at 16:9 with the images as I have adjusted them.
I am digitising a large number of slides and importing them into PD9 for a slide show. The images in windows look reasonably sharp and also sharp in the preview window when imported into PD. When I load them into the time line they seem to degenarate and become slightly "un-sharp" Is this simply due to the time line and when transfered to disc they will retain their original form or do I need to sharpen them on the time line ? I have also tried them in a friend's copy of Corel Video Studion and in that they seem to retain sharpness on both preview and time line. The image in windows movie maker also seems to be OK. I would prefer to us PD so pose the question. Is simply the timeline image that is "wrong" and I should simply leave the image alone and not adjust sharpness and how does one judge a image that actually is slighly out to sharpen?

David
I have prepared a disc with a title comprising 6 short videos which are thumbnailed on the t/nail menu. All of these 6 vidoes have been created into films. On review I now don't like some of the thumbnails showing and would like to change them for something else within the film. I can see how to create chapters and ammend thumbnails for chaters but all the films are only 1 chapter long. So is it possible to change the tumbnail showing for each film or is that set when the film is created. If it is possible how can you do it. If its not possible how do you set the thumbnail when you finalise and create the film.

Any help , advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

David Worth
Thanks for the reply and advice. This is a holiday weekend here in the UK so I won't get chance to experiment for a day or two but certainly will and hope it cuts down the frustrations

David
Have just run into the green line problem for the first time having been using PD9 for 5 months. I thought it was me doing something wrong until I read the thread. What pain and annoyance it causes. I post this simply so that someone on high monitering the forum notes their is another frustrated user out there.

David
I was searching for the forum for an anwser to the same question. How to merging 4 long holiday videos, boring to all except those that went, down to a short film of general interest. Having just tried the merging suggested by Capt. Kevin (? think that was the title but I can't see it at present ) I found it worked very smoothly. Great - now I don't have to bore friends. Thanks for the helpful post.
Thanks for the repy Karen. I will certainly have a look at the PDF help file. I understand your comment regarding uninstalling and re-insatlling but I dont think I have/had a an overall problem. I just had one out of 4 productions I was working on ( a 4 week trip to NZ which at 2 hrs plus I felt would be better handled in 4 parts than one long whole ) 3 of which rendered ok but the 4th kept stopping often, but not always, at the same point. This is what got me bugged, throwing papers up in the air and saying why render when I had turned straight into a product direct on disc with no problems. Is this just obne of those mysteries of computing ?

David
Thank you for your reply and advice. The video was being rendered in AVC H.264 format with the smart turned off. I had found that when I left that ticked I had more problems. This was the same format that I used for the 3 videos that were ok. The video has come off a Panasonic HD camera but the output will only be viewed on a PC or a standard tv. Should I really be using M-peg 2 ?
Whilst I'm happy with PD having tried one of two other before I purchased the "hand book" (and help file), especially in the title and produce areas is not exactly helpdful. Has anyone one produced a "users" guide for any version of PD ?
david
A question from a newcomer on his first video.
I have been producing a 4 part video each part about 30 minutes. 3 parts rendered with no problems. One stops every time but at a different points most times. I have examined all the parts at the stop times and cannot see any error. Due to a need to have the faulty one for use I put this straight to "Create Disc" and this was carried out with no problems and plays ok. Questions. Is there any way of finding out what stops a rendering co you know what the probelm is ? As this worked ok when put straight to disc was I just lucky or is it actually not necessary to go through the rendering process.
Final bonus question for somebody. Is there any way of switching on pernamently the screen safety zone lines when reviewing images and titles. It is such a pain having to carry this out every time.
Go to: