Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink needs to get in the habit of fixing any problem that arises ASAP and then pushing out an update to it's customer's as quickly as possible. This has been going on for years now making us all wait 3 - 6 months for them to rectify a programming error/problem.

Wouldn't that be a novel idea like allot of other componies are currently doing in todays age by correcting a problem and immediatly pushing out an update to correct the situation.

And customers are asking when PowerDVD 17 is coming out when PowerDVD16 still has numerous problems that still need fixing.

RIDICULOUS!!!
Cyberlink,

I wonder how many months it's going to take to fix this error message (i.e. ERROR: Youtube-dl) when trying to play ANY Youtube video in PowerDVD16 Ultra.

Cyberlink should get in the habit of fixing a problem ASAP and then pushing out an update to it's customer's as quickly as possible. Wouldn't that be a novel idea like allot of other componies are currently doing in todays age.
Cyberlink-Hicham,

I am also getting this exact same error message (i.e. ERROR: Youtube-dl) when I try to play ANY Youtube video in PowerDVD16 Ultra.

Please fix this problem ASAP!!! frown

Thanks

I upgraded to PowerDVD 14 Ultra from PowerDVD 13 Ultra. Now of course it has to build a whole new database for all my music, videos, movies, etc.. Which by the ways takes forever. I don't see why it can't use PowerDVD 13 Ultra's database and copy it over to the new PowerDVD 14 Ultra Upgrade. It would save an enormous amount of time.

MAIN PROBLEM:

Now, once the database has finally finished building itself. The first time I clicked on the Movie Library Tab all my movies showed up. As usual the cover art for my movies didn't always match. However, I see that we can now change the cover art manually.

Suggestion, it would be more efficient if say you had a TV series listed, and the person only had to change one cover art picture for that entire TV Series and PowerDVD 14 would change all the rest of the TV series cover art all at once which would really be great instead of having to do it one at a time. The way the program works now this will take forever, especially depending on how many seasons you have listed.

Here's where my main problem lies, I watched a movie which worked fine. Now, I closed down PowerDVD 14 Ultra. And, the next time I opened PowerDVD 14 Ultra and clicked on the Movie Library Tab I get a generic screen saying the following:

Add Movies to the Library, with instruction on this generic page with a button at the bottom of the page saying Add Now.

NOTE: See the image attached at the bottom of this post for reference!!!

But, no matter how many times I open PowerDVD 14 Ultra I can't get past this generic screen now. So, there's no way to get to my movies any longer that were listed before because I'm stuck at this screen when using the Movie Library Tab.

I even uninstalled PowerDVD 14 Ultra three times already and started from scratch all over again, and I get the same problem as before.

Is there anyway to disable this generic screen so I can get back to my movies that were listed before.

NOTE: Just as a reference, I can click on Videos, Photos, Music and they all work fine. I have no problem accessing any of these files.

I already know that I can always go to My Computer and go to the drive that my movies reside on and play them that way. But, that doesn't solve this specific problem above.

SOLUTION:

You can only put Movies, and Videos in the list under Movie Library. No TV Series, Concerts, etc... At least that's what got me up and running properly again.

I had to move TV Series, and Concerts to the Video List in order for PowerDVD 14 Ultra to work properly again.

Quote: I post whatever I want as long as it fits this forum's rules, and my previous post does. I just wanted the readers (and the officials) know that this upgrade wasn't a problem for everyone, and that the real problem may come from the people's installation and not from the software.

@Korrigan

I think it's pretty obvious that most people have NOT had any problems with installing the current update so far. Since only 2 people have had this problem with losing there Audio after the latest update. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

As far as the comment about it was the people who made the Audio break during the update is a totally ridiculous statement to make. There's so many factors to take in account. Computer hardware, what type of software is each individual running on there computer that may conflict with the installation of this latest update, or any update for that matter. What operating system are they running. The list can go on forever. So, If you were such an expert you'd be working for cyberlink as a moderator wouldn't you.

Well, at least it's nice to know that if any other person has the same problem with losing there Audio during this latest update (ver. 3313.58 ). They will have a detailed (Last Resort Solution) to correcting the problem. Which I have posted on page 1. Now, that's a proactive approach to the problem!!!

You have a nice day, and remember the glass is always half full, not half empty. And most importantly, don't forget to take your happy pills each day. Nobody like a grumpy Korrigan.

Quote: I simply upgraded and had no audio problems at all - configuration is in my signature, bitstreaming HD audio. I watched "Red Dragon" and "Braveheart" after the update, flawless playback.

@Korrigan

I'm glad your install went without a hitch. Unfortunately, for some of us the upgrade didn't go as planned. So, this topic is really meant for people who might have had the same problem that Pete 12 and I had with this update. Most updates install fine. But, occasionally an update goes totally wrong.

So, in conclusion your post was totally irrelevant to this situation. If you had some concrete answers on how to solve this problem then your post would have been constructive to the subject matter.

So, in conclusion, don't just post something that doesn't help anybody with the overall problem. It's a total waste of every bodies time!!!
@Pete 12

Well, after this total nightmare of trying to install the latest PowerDVD 13 Ultra Update ( v3313.58 ) . You can tell by my previous post above it didn't go well at all. Once I ungraded to ( v3313.58 ) . I lost all Audio playback from any Audio/Video file I tried to play. No Sound what's so ever period!!!

I finally broke down and had to use Pete 12's Second Option that he listed above which is as follows:

(LAST RESORT SOLUTION)

1] Completely Uninstalled PowerDVD 13 Ultra with the latest Upgrade from my computer.

2] Uninstalled all of my Preferences during the PowerDVD 13 uninstall.

3] Rebooted Computer to prepare for a clean install.

4] Did a Clean install from my Original purchased copy of PowerDVD 13 Ultra.

5] Then I did a Fresh install of the latest PowerDVD 13 Ultra update, version ( v3313.58 ) .

6] Restarted PowerDVD 13 Ultra with latest Update.

7] Now Re-Configured ALL my preference from before, that I had set in the previous PowerDVD 13 Ultra that was installed on my computer before.

8] Now had to wait for it to build all the Audio/Video file libraries once again. Which is going to take forever.

9] Finally, tested PowerDVD 13 Ultra with the latest patch ( v3313.58 ) to see if the Audio had returned. Which by the way it was successful!!!

So after all that, I finally got my PowerDVD 13 Ultra fully functional once again. And most importantly, the Audio works fine once again!!!

This sure was a Royal Pain. There's definitely something wrong with the latest update when it breaks the Audio playback after the update was installed.

P.S. Thanks Pete 12 for the advise.
Quote:
Quote: CyberLink-Michael

First, what operating system are you currently using for your testing?

PowerDVD 13 Ultra

1) My base build is (DVD120806-01) TR131023-007

2) Latest patch is currently (DVD130820-01) - PowerDVD Version is 13.0.3313.58

My Current Operating System: Windows 8 Pro with WMC - 64bit

Note: NO AUDIO OUTPUT.

Hi Gerald, Some basic questions if you don't mind?
1) Tell us what you did about the dxdiag messages for audio. Did you find a new driver?
2) Sorry if this sounds condescending but did you re-set your audio device for playback when you installed Windows 8.
3) I know some people have had issues when upgrading from W8 to W8.1. Do you have 8.1? You said W8 so I'm just double checking.

@stevek

1) Audio Drivers are all up to date. I have a ASUS Z87-Deluxe Motherboard with 7.1 surround sound on this motherboard. Which by the way I use all the time.

I have the newest Audio drivers installed: Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.7023 for Windows 7/8/8.1 32bit & 64bit. However, I still have NO Audio in the new update for PowerDVD 13 Ultra.

2) Yes they were Reset a long time ago. (In addition, I have at least a dozen or so Audio and Video Programs which all work perfectly ) I do allot of Audio and Video editing, Including DJ software which are all working perfectly)

PowerDVD 13 Ultra worked fine before this last update. If I revert back to the last update of PowerDVD 13 the Audio works fine again.

3) Yes I am currently running Windows 8 Pro with WMC 64 bit..

NOTE: I haven't Upgraded to Windows 8.1 yet. I want to make sure Microsoft has a chance to work out any bugs that might be in the new Upgrade.
Quote: Hi,
for checking / narrow down the possible root cause for your symptom:

Try to use onboard audio as default audio device (onboard Audio) and not the "DFX" Speakers - the drivers are not WHQL and may cause trouble.

I check on W8 / 8.1 and 7 - all are OK (using onboard Audio and HDMI Audio pass-through)

br
Michael

@CyberLink-Michael

Already tried using default Audio Device. Realtek High Definition Audio

Didn't make any difference. Still No Audio
CyberLink-Michael

First, what operating system are you currently using for your testing?

PowerDVD 13 Ultra

1) My base build is (DVD120806-01) TR131023-007

2) Latest patch is currently (DVD130820-01) - PowerDVD Version is 13.0.3313.58

My Current Operating System: Windows 8 Pro with WMC - 64bit

Note: NO AUDIO OUTPUT.

Thanks Pete 12

I think I'll wait for a new Update to fix this problem!!!

If I uninstall PowerDVD 13 Ultra totally, including my existing preferences & Audio/Video libraries that PowerDVD 13 creates. It will take for ever to build the audio and video libraries back up.

I currently have over 4,500 music cd's worth of music files alone. And that not including all video's and or movies files too. It would be a nightmare.

Which I had to live through along time ago when I installed PowerDVD 13 for the first time.

No Thanks
Once I installed the latest PowerDVD 13 Ultra update v3313. I have NO AUDIO OUTPUT anymore.

There's something wrong with this update!!! It has broken the Audio output in this program.

I have tested all the other Audio and Video programs on my computer system and they all work fine.

This needs to be fixed immediately!!!

Currently running Windows 8 Pro with WMC - 64 bit

Note: Reinstalled earlier version of PowerDVD 13 Ultra v3105. Then restarted my computer, and all my Audio has returned in this earlier version.
Just updated to PowerDVD 13 to build 3313 and it still won't play You Tube Vevo Videos.

I been waiting since 8-5-13 which was the last update. Which is almost 3-months ago waiting for Cyberlink to fix PowerDVD13 to be able to play Vevo Videos and I still get the same old error message saying PowerDVD 13 can not play this file click on the link to be able to play this video in your web browser.

This is Ridiculous!!!

Just updated to PowerDVD 13 to build 3313 and it still won't play You Tube Vevo Videos.

I been waiting since 8-5-13 which was the last update. Which is almost 3-months ago waiting for Cyberlink to fix PowerDVD13 to be able to play Vevo Videos and I still get the same old error message saying PowerDVD 13 can not play this file click on the link to be able to play this video in your web browser.

This is Ridiculous!!!
@intouch123

Kindle HD Is a propitiatory system. If you can't download it from amazon.com then it won't install period!!!!
mike.T

The only update that PowerDVD 13 has had was back in August 5, 2013. Which was PowerDVD 13 build 3105. PowerDVD 13 is compatible with Windows 8.

But, there is NO reference on the Website, or in the only update available so far that PowerDVD 13 is compatible with Windows Upgrade 8.1

Unfortunately, your observation is incorrect.
bobmitch

You also need to send in a Support Ticket to Customer Service on the current problem PowerDVD 13 has with Windows 8.1 Upgrade.

I'm sure you already know this site is strictly for owners of PowerDVD 13 trying to help each other. This site is not monitored by Cyberlink Customer Support!
bobmitch

Thanks for the heads up. Just what we need another problem with PowerDVD 13.
Pete 12

Finally, you and I have been harping about this problem for a long time.

I'm going to check this out and see if the same goes for the US.

I hope it works again. I'll let you know.

I found this NEW version 3313.58 on the internet you were talking about. However, I read an article on a forum saying it worked well when installed. But, it comes up as a DEMO version. So, anybody with a valid license should NOT install it. Wait for it to be listed officially on PowerDVD 13 update site.

Thanks for the post

UPDATE: Tested playing Vevo Videos in the US and they still don't play, and I get the same error message with a link to go to You Tubes site to play the video!!!

Korrigan

Beta Drivers may work fine in some cases. But, I've had to many bad experiences with beta drivers/beta programs over the past 10-20 years. If you want to use them that's entirely up to you. But not me.

P.S. And nobody is over-dramatizing about beta drivers either.
Go to: