Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
UI and TrueTheatre problems. ATi GPU
ishamm [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 06, 2013 17:30 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have 13 Ultra, and am having wierd UI issues. the buttons and menu text appear and disapear randomly, and when hovered over with the cursor. I also do not have TrueTheatre options or 3d (greyed out). I have an ATI HD 5870 on latest drivers. could there be an option somewhere in catalyst or on the player i need to check before it will work normally? V11 never had these issues. thanks!
[Post New]
@ishamm

I have the exact same ATI HD 5870 graphics card running the most current driver software and I don't have any problems.

Re-download the newest driver update from AMD's site which is version 13-9 just to make sure they weren't corrupted the first time you downloaded them.

You never mentioned what operating system your currently using, so make sure it's the correct update for your current operating system.

Now, respond back to me on which operating system your currently using and I will give you further instructions on uninstalling AMD Catalyst Install Manager which uninstalls all your ATI Drivers. And replacing your graphics drivers with Microsoft's Generic Driver. If you already know how to do this then proceed on your own.

Then we will restart your computer with the generic graphics driver from Microsoft. Next we will reinstall from scratch the driver update from AMD's site which is version 13-9.

NOTE: AMD Catalyst Control Center requires Microsoft .NET4 Framework. Windows Vista and Windows 7 users may need to install the Microsoft .NET4 Framework as a prerequisite to use Catalyst Control Center.

You might have corrupted ATI drivers that are causing your problems and that's why I want to do a totally clean re-install to see if this corrects your current problems your having with PowerDVD 13.

After we have eliminated any ATI drivers problems that may be causing your problem. Then if your still having problems, we will move on to PowereDVD 13 to see if that's you problem.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 07. 2013 02:51

ishamm [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Thanks for that. I have reinstalled graphics driver, i am currently using the latest Beta version, but tried a clean install of 13.9 and found no difference.

I am using windows 8.

I am not sure if it is a setting from Catalyst which is overiding something perhaps, though i have all settings set to 'use application setting'

thanks
[Post New]
Before we can help you better, I suggest you post these two things (as attachments):

- Your DXDIAG.TXT file. You can get that with "Start menu" and type "dxdiag" in the "search programs and files" box, then in dxdiag, click "Save all information" which will generate a text file you can attach to a post here.

- The report from the Cyberlink BD and 3D advisor you can find here: http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/bd-support/enu/index.jsp
Download it, install, run the "Blu-Ray" test, and then click "Save Log", which will generate a .zip file you can attach to a post here. My collection: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=194008&action=showcategory&category=1&categoryid=7
ishamm [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here is the DXdiag. Running on the GPU i pass both tests from the advisor.

I have tried running PDVD in integrated graphics mode, and even without the graphics card in the machine and i still have the smae glitches.

thanks
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
90 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
340 time(s)
[Post New]
One thing is sure, your installed driver is NOT the 13.9 WHQL, but some beta driver. You got warnings in your DXDiag about it. My collection: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=194008&action=showcategory&category=1&categoryid=7
[Post New]
ishamm

I wouldn't use beta drivers there still getting rid of programing bugs and making sure the drivers are stable. Your just asking for trouble if you use them. That's why there's a warning for beta drivers, use at your own risk. We are not responsible for any problem that these drivers may have on your computer system.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Oct 08. 2013 08:36

ishamm [Avatar]
[Post New]
im not suggesting anyone is responsible, but as stated i have the same errors using the onboard intel gpu with the AMD drivers uninstalled and the AMD card out of the machine, so i do not think this is simply driver related. thanks
[Post New]
Do you allow PDVD to turn off Aero?

PS: no need to over-dramatize about beta drivers, I often used some with absolutely no problems.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 08. 2013 07:08

My collection: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=194008&action=showcategory&category=1&categoryid=7
ishamm [Avatar]
[Post New]
Im actually not sure about that. is that in PDVD settings or windows? thanks
[Post New]
Korrigan

Beta Drivers may work fine in some cases. But, I've had to many bad experiences with beta drivers/beta programs over the past 10-20 years. If you want to use them that's entirely up to you. But not me.

P.S. And nobody is over-dramatizing about beta drivers either.
[Post New]
Quote: Im actually not sure about that. is that in PDVD settings or windows? thanks
Settings/Blu-Ray Disk/More Options. My collection: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=194008&action=showcategory&category=1&categoryid=7