Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: Ronk;
Thanks for the information. Now that I can "SEE" your machine....Looking at your DXDIAG file I think that (overall) your machine is more than adequate for PD9. I think you stated the solution in your first post on this thread:
Quote: I have recently found that if I move the input video files..... onto my C drive, Powerdirector will create and burn that project to DVD with no problem.

Those are INTENSE .MTS files and will really function better if run from INSIDE the machine.
Based on that, I suggest the following:

1. You have a 750GB C: drive but only 137GB free. Move stuff off of your harddrive to the I: or J: drive to create space for your videos. Not sure what is taking all that space up on the C: drive but all the programs and Windows don't take much so something else is.

2. Your video card is not REALLY designed for the Hi-Res processing you require for your files (.MTS format 1920*1080, 59.94 FPS progressive, 26528k BPS bitrate.). Your PSU should allow you to upgrade to a minimum 1GIG card and you will be AMAZED at the difference.

3. As an alternative, consider adding another internal drive. These are fairly inexpensive nowadays, but try to match the specs on your existing C: to make sure the speed is maximized (especially if they share a cable). SATA-300 - 7200 rpm - buffer: 16 MB

I hope this helps.

Come on FredB, this is not acceptable. I had an entire 1 TB of space available, 1 Gig card considered top of the line for video processing AND an additional internal 1 TB hard drive (added 6/27) and still no joy.
As much as many on this board hate to admit, the product is not ready for prime time. It has issues communicating/playing with Win 7 64 bit. I have to admit we've had our own issues with Win7 64 bit on the software applications that I support for the Boeing Commercial Airplane company.

I've since moved on to Pinnacle products with no issues whatsoever. I still get emails notifying me of any updates on this thread and laugh at those defending such an inept program that could be simply solved with proper sandbox testing on various platforms and various video cards/hard drives to solve the issue. We do this for engineering products at Boeing all the time and we do not have a limitless budget for beta testing either.

The product is broken and the issue needs to be addressed.
Phil,
I've tried several methods of burning, with various speeds all the way down to 4X.
-Burning straight out of the camera (via flashcard or downloaded to folder). These are .MTX files (AVCHD) from my Canon S200 HD camera. Then burning directly to disk. No go.
-Burning .WMV files to disk. No go.
-Burning sample projects that came with the software. No go.

I've tried 2 different brands of DVD RW disks. Same results.

I have tried burning to folder, then burning to disk using alternate software (A PIA work around if you ask me...it's easier just to use Pinnacle or Roxio if I go that route, they both burn directly to DVD with no issues). The problem with this is the 3 types of DVD players I've tried to play these on do not recognize the format, the disk or perhaps its a DLL problem.

I'm really frustrated as you can see, and I've just about given up all hope.

PS: I've also noted another anomoly, I went to burn 40 minutes of HD video as an experiment with 4X speed, the time remaining shows :01, but the authoring progress is froze at 28 percent.
*Sigh*

Garioch7, thanks for the reply.
I tried cranking down the DVD speed to no avail. Ironically, this would be an easy code fix by the software developers if indeed this is a common issue.

FWIW, Pinnacle (Avid) HD, Roxio Creater, and Windows Live Movie maker all burn to DVD with no issues.
I really like the interface on PD9, thus the reason I was trying to move all my projects for my business to this software.
But IMHO, it's not ready for "prime time" yet. Maybe in the future?

Thanks,
Ciao!~

PS: More more interesting note, on the Duo Core machine that PD9 DID work on previous (albeit painfully slow), is now giving me a new burning unsuccessful error code (eEB020BE2). This is with a new install from one of the tech people at Cyberlink.

Still no joy. Customer service has had me try several things and still failing on burning a DVD. It turns out others I've met out 'on the web' have these same issues, no resolution. Ironically, they all have high end machines too.

I'm cashing my chips in and moving on to another product.

Thanks to those who tried to help.

Regards,
Ripsnort aka Brian
Thank you Tony! Done!
This should be pretty self explanatory. Everything is system default minus shadowing.
Works fine on my Dell Inspiron E1705. See bottom of post for screen shot attachments.
Also uninstalled and reinstalled PD 9

PD9 details:
PowerDirector Ultra 64
V9.0.0.2702

Dafydd, thanks much for the reply.
I'll assume you mean the DVD regarding drivers? I have updated Win 7 once out of the box.

I was successful burning a DVD via the Roxio software, when I took PD out of the loop, but naturally that doesn't fix my situation.

I will look into updating DVD drivers tonight when I get home.

Thank you for the reply.

I tried disabling that setting, no go. Still error codes.
I did a search on Error code E80004004 and found nothing?

PC Specs:
XPS 8300 Intel Core i7-2600 processor(8MB Cache, 3.4GHz)
8GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz - 4x2GB
ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB GDDR5 Video card
16x DVDRW Drive

Tried a simple test after loading PD and updates:
Added 25 photos
Burn to disc

It processes then pops up the error when apparently it is trying to write to DVD disc (which is in drive)

ANy clue?
Have I mentioned that ynotfish saved my bacon by pointing out the weak link in the new system I ordered?

He did! I canceld the order and pruchased the same system with a better graphics card (not the best, but certainly better than the original order--ATI Radeon HD 5670 in place of the 5450)

Thank you once again sir!
I use various programs, some post processing, while keeping the exif info as close to the orginal as possible.

Some cropping, but never more than 30% of the original photo at a maximum.

Lightroom, Photoshop, and Microsoft Digital Image Suite (stupid simple for quick edits and batch processing)
[quote] I had issues with quality of slide show also. I did a number of tests and rendering in .WMV Full HD (1920x1080) produced excellent results.

The h.264 1920x1080 format also produced excellent results, but the file size was almost 3 times as large.[/quote]

Okay, so this worked great! The work around was producing to .WMV 1920x1080 HD format, then burning a disc with Nero.

I'm still scratching my head why burning directly to DVD (Create Disc) in 16:9 or 4:3 format, HD Quality still produces a low quality product when dealing with images.... (Shrugs) The work around is just that, I have to add another step in the processing.
Wow! I did NOT expect this ! Thanks so much for trying it out at your end, fellas!

Just to reiterate, the issue arises when I finish, and create directly to DVD.
The WMV file finished late last night and I've not had a chance to burn it and check it out on the TV. Will do so tonight.

Thanks again!

A side note: When I purchased a Canon Vixia HD camera at Xmas, the post processing of the data with my current laptop (Intel duo-core 2.0 Ghz -3 gig ram) rendered it useless and brought it to it's knees.

So, I just ordered this through Dell (We get a discount through Dell through my employer, and they have always been reliable to us the past 12 years of owning Dells)

Model: XPS 8300 (with Win7 64 bit)
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-2600 processor(8MB Cache, 3.4GHz) (Sandy Bridge, but it's not a K...doubt I will ever overclock...)
RAM: 8GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz - 4 DIMMs
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 1GB DDR3
Multimedia: Blu-ray 8X BD-R, DVD+/-RW Drive with DVD+R double layer write capability
Harddrive: 1TB SATA 2 Hard Drive 7200 RPM

Hopefully it will cut down on the processing time!
Thanks. I'll give that a try next...
Sure thing.
Quote:
Quote: ... we need a ton more info... Did you crop you pictures or enlarge them?

Since I had some earlier issues with a related problem - reported http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16652.page - I've chosen not to use certain features of PD for still images.

Whenever images need to be cropped (i.e. match AR to project) I do that in a separate photo editor before importing them into PD. That way, I know PD won't get the opportunity to mess with my pics! Using the "Set Image Stretch" option in PD, for me, isn't worth the difficulties (despite the convenience of batch processing).

That said, the information Bubba's asked for is important. There could be various factors causing the issue.

Cheers - Tony

Looks like you told the emporer (cyberlink) that he has no clothes on.

I believe it's a software issue.

Dammit...I was just getting used to this program too. Ah well, back to Pinnacle or something more expensive....
Quote: Ok we need a ton more info.

You talking about a rendered (saved to file) or produced (burned to DVD) project.

Before rendering or producing you talking about just watching in the editing preview window?

Did you crop you pictures or enlarge them?

If rendered what format did you save it to?

Did you render to AVCHD?

A) Produced, burned to DVD project.

B) No, watching the final product on a 54" plasma. Comparing a Pinnacle DVD project using the same pictures, the Cyberlink looks like crap.

C) Some cropping, very little though. Image files are roughly 2 meg to 4 meg in size average. This should NOT make a difference since other programs such as Windows Movie Maker and Pinnacle did NOTHING to change the resolution of the pictures themselves., unless it is a software flaw eith Cyberlink.

D)The high resolution preview playback on the PC looks a little better, but not much.
HI all,
I typically put together still photos and HD Video together in the same video.
I recently did this with my new Cyberlink Power Director 9.0, and I notice that PD drops the resolution significantly.

Now, as a comparison, using the same photos, Pinnacle Studio 10.7 creates a beautiful reproduction, sharp and crisp of the same photos in the slideshow video.

So, is it the software or something I am doing when I create the DVD disk?

I've tried multiple settings and all end up with the same crappy 'low resolution' look to the still pictures.
TIA!
Thank you SO MUCH! This is great! Book marked for future reference! Thanks again!
Cranston, that is exactly what I am looking for (but not necessarily the focus point from one portion to the other, intentional or not)

THank you so much.

Great community from what I have read so far! Thank you so much for the replies.

I used Pinnacle Studio for many years (V8, V9, V10) just doing simple projects and such and am looking forward to using PowerDirector.
Go to: