Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Jerryapp

I just received another reply from tech support. Comically, he cut and paste the EXACT SAME directions from the last support message he sent me, only changed the passwords and extended the time frame for me to be able to download it (one day). The really funny thing is about all of this, is it may take them 24 hrs to reply to the message that THEIR directions and downloads don't work, THEN it will be too late to do their time sensitive downloads. I swear I must be on some "Punked" show or something?

They did not work, because the cleaner program did not work as they had suggested?

It's like they are not listening? It's a countdown now. I've spend a week with this company truing to get it running.
Thanks. Yes I'm in adminsitrator. Long story short. They gave me a WHOLE list of things to do. 1) A cleaner file (which appeared anyway, to not do anything) 2)Followed by a new PD-9 Build (not seen before or on line)? However , the passwords they gave me to download that software did not work. My guess is, they talked at the bottom of the ridiculously long instructions that there may be a "timeframe" to download the new PD-9 file which was ridiculously over last night (according to their half English message). So, I have a NEW reply in to these guys to ask them to PLEASE give me the codes to do their instructions, to try to get my paid for codes to work, and then finally try to get the poorly coded software to work.

This is by far, the worst company structured tech support I have ever dealt with. It really IS TERRIBLE. Let me tell you, they are loosing market share. If they don't respond quickly to THEIR ERRORS (not mine), we are going over to Sony and wash my hands forever.
FredB,

I appreciate the suggestion. I'm well aware of all the "cut and paste". And have tried everything you can imagine. It simply is not taking the key, and it IS the key they gave me when I purchased the software. When I say take the key, I mean activate the software....."Your Activation Key is incorrect. Try again"
How about this simple non-tech support question. Give me my activation keys THAT WORK. Here is my order # and old activation key #. I would like to be able to re-open the software so that I can check to see if it works from all of the very appreciated help "updates" from this Forum.

Dafydd Bevan, I would love to give back, but I can't, because Cyberlink will not allow me to until they give me my codes.

So, I think you have a valid point "giving and taking", but us "newbies" can barely get off the ground running because of incompetent tech support. I'm pretty sure I'd be able to contribute in the future, especially in the specific video files arena, but I can't. It's a one way communication for sure.
"I'm a video editor, I'm not CyberLink."

Yes, I know but you said " I can pass on your concerns and see why there has been a delay in answering you, for that I'd need your support reference"

so I gave you the case # CS000972988

thank you.

FYI: I have tried every way to enter the activation code. By hand. Double checked, and triple checked the numbers. No zeros or O's. Cutting and pasting activation codes for PD9 will not work as there are many separate fields. But, I have tried to cut and paste individual fields....just for kicks.
Sorry,

case # CS000972988

Thanks
I've given them the activation codes and purchase number. THEY SHOULD HAVE IT, AND RESPOND MUCH FASTER. I enter them by hand (multiple tries). It says activation code is wrong. The problems are multi-fa-cited with this software, which we are trying to address. It's a separate issue now. Now, I'm just trying to get into the software after uninstalling and re-installing it AFTER making all of the suggestions/changes to the hardware from them and this forum.
thank you, and I have, and they say something like...you need to update drivers???(See first part of message)

I've only un-installed one time. Thank you again, and I guess I'll wait three days to see if they have a clue to give me re-activation codes.
After 25 years working with computers and tech support. I can with out a doubt say this tech support with this company is hands down the worst! 3 day lag time. One way communication, and absolutely ridiculous answers that I have to respond to and wait 3 more days?

S0, this forum is my last hope. Does anyone have any idea how I can re-activate this PD 9 software? The activation codes that originally let me work in PD9 will not work now after re-installation. I CAN NOT even get into the software to see if the SUGGESTED changes I've made to my PC (driver updates, more space, etc...), HAS WORKED?
couple of additional error reports
Dafydd Bevan

1) Yes I exported (PPM?) to one location on my 1TB H:/ HD.

2) Yes, I attempted to produce from there. Not quite sure I understand what you are saying about the "Outside" file = 22:02? If you mean the video file from that time line on, yes I even deleted that particular video file just to see if that was the problem.

3) I did free up some space on my c:/ drive to about 50GB or so. I have not tried, yet, to render that file from the one location on the c:

4) I do not know how to "ping" my other drives....as you say. If I'm reading you right, are you saying save the rendered file on the c: drive while rendering the files from my H: drive?

5)The only changes Dell did was check to make sure all drivers were up to date. We updated the last driver for my ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro, but this is what you have seen. I'm not sure there is anything newer available or if this card is good enough.

6) "HDEdit has pointed you in a good direction."....yes except as you can see in the "hardware acceleration" adjustments or turning off is not available...it's always checked on.

FYI: This program worked flawlessly while producing this 2 minute clip. I used it back and forth extensively. Only when I tried to render in the mpg-4 did it stall and lock up, then crash. Also, now it simply turns off, no errors, no Dr. watson, no nothing....just crashes and goes back to my computer home.
Have not heard from tech support, except this morning. Not sure what time it is in India, maybe they have unions? I'll tell ya.....been in this a while, can't believe I fell for another "hard" sell software. The mere fact that this forum exists for PD-9 is a clue to the obvious.

I've pretty much done all most have suggested, to no avail. Don't know if it's worth my time to upgrade the video card, as I'm seeing others, with far better cards, having problems too? I was really pumped, because it seemed to work flawless for hours and hours (making and learning the software), then I tried to render...."Boom".

Now the PD-9 won't even play, simply play, (forget about rendering).....it just crashes or turns off mid way through.

HDedit,

Disabling "Hardware Acceleration" is not available (won't let you disable). And tried disabling "Shadow Files"...did not work.
Dell and I just updated, yesterday, the only drivers known and latest known I believe for the ATI Radeon 2400 Pro? Don't know about the 4/10/2008 date? I'm not sure what else I can do?

With that said, is this enough of a video card? The 22.02 file is one that is located on the "outside", but so are a couple of others, in the same spot. I've attached some event errors (many of them) that I also gave to tech support.

What do you mean PPM?

I guess I will try the Go to File>Export>Pack approch. The tech people (I'm assuming overseas) , are having me send error messages and the like.....kind of a poor tech support system, quite frankly. Don't know what non-tech people could even do if this product did not work for them? Been here before.....not encouraging!
attached is a DxDiag.txt file. Looking at it, I believe it says the ATI Radeon 2400 HD Pro is 2.56 mb, is this correct? Also I have 3.5GB of RAM?

1)when you say "localize" do you mean all files must be on the same local hard drive to produce and render? I have a USB connected 1TB hard drives that I put some of the larger movie files on, and it's a mixed bag, meaning in my media content it comes from various drives (ie: maybe c: and a USB drive).

2) Yes, I think I only have 16GB of free disk space, are you saying if the media content is 5 GB then I would need 15GB of free disk space on c What if I'm saving the output to the 1TB USB drive?
Purchased Power Director 9, with latest patch installed. All seemed to be working great while in production, then rendered first video in mpeg-4 and it locked up. Now the project is jumpy and Off and almost never finishes movie much less rendering and it simply shuts down/off. I have a ATI Radeon 2400 Pro with drivers updated.

What's up? Do I need a new Video Card? What kind?

XP PRO, Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600@2.4GHZ, 2 100GB internal hard drives, and 2 exteral TB hard drives.

Go to: