Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What is the expected response time on a customer service inquiry?
jeffvista64 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 16, 2011 00:30 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Three days ago I submitted a query to technical support regarding vista 64 installation issues. How long does technical support typically take to respond?
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

It usually depends how 'busy' they are.

Usually they respond in 72 hours, but I've been waiting for a follow up response on my enquiry for almost 10 days now.

Is there anything this forum can help you with?

If there is, post another topic with your question. Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

jeffvista64 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 16, 2011 00:30 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
my original problem is that PowerDirector 9 won't install - it errors out

Error 2711 The specified feature name ("MAIN") not found in feature table.

Error -1603 Fatal error during installation consult windows installer (MSI.CHM) or MSDN for name information.

I did start a forum thread but it was suggested that I try contacting tech support.

I just need to know if this a fatal error or something that can be overcome?

I deleted all Cyberlink program and data files that partially installed, ran Norton registry cleaner, file cleaner,etc. Then tried a clean install - still the same error pops up. So is this a common pproblem and can it be fixed.

I really don't plan to wait 10 days - I'll probably just return the software and if tech support ever gets back to me, maybe I'll try again.
harpo1000 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 14, 2011 23:24 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I put mine in last Saturday and no reply yet...that's cool though...good to know it's normal.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
OK,
This isn't a Tech Support forum, it is a user led forum which means we try and help each other. YOU all need to give help to each other and not take without giving support back.

jeffvista64:
In answer to your issue. there isn't a lot any of us can do to provide you with an answer and I suspect there isn't a lot Tech Support can give you. they may suggest the following:
1. Download the program again and use a download manager to prevent file corruption during download (I use Free Download Manager and not install the various bits of rubbish it has).
2. I would shut off your Virus checker which might be currupting the situation.
3. I suspect you might have a OS problem and need additional support from a local techie to correct your PC problem.

I've read issues related to 64bit vista. I'd change your OS. Vista was always a problem for editors.

The above is just a guess, I am not afterall in front of your PC and i don't have any spec info on your PC.

All:
Response times depends upon what has been asked, whether it is relevant to PD and if you've given sufficient information for the reader to comprehend what the heck you're on about. From some of the posts on this forum and the manner in which topics are labelled and written it really doesn't surprise me some posts aren't answered. I have written numerous guides and hints to try and get editors to realise that information has to be presented in a logical manner - without emotional input or digressions to do with what you had for supper. Please read the guide below and see where you've gone wrong and perhaps it may help you get a speedier answer.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 21. 2011 07:04

llamas1234 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 11, 2010 11:24 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
How about this simple non-tech support question. Give me my activation keys THAT WORK. Here is my order # and old activation key #. I would like to be able to re-open the software so that I can check to see if it works from all of the very appreciated help "updates" from this Forum.

Dafydd Bevan, I would love to give back, but I can't, because Cyberlink will not allow me to until they give me my codes.

So, I think you have a valid point "giving and taking", but us "newbies" can barely get off the ground running because of incompetent tech support. I'm pretty sure I'd be able to contribute in the future, especially in the specific video files arena, but I can't. It's a one way communication for sure. Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3, 50GB freespace on c:, 2 external 1TB hard drives, 3.4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15613.page#76113
AllenChicago [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Chicago (USA) Joined: Jan 28, 2010 22:06 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
After visiting this page ( http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/company/enu/cyberlink-offices.jsp ), I now understand why Customer Support does not respond thoroughly, in a personable manner, to help requests that are written in the English language. The company Headquarters and Customer Service are in Taiwan. For some reason, I thought it was an Australian or American company. -Allen
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Allen in Chicago,
The Customer Service online assistance is outsourced (to India I believe). The staff at Customer Support in Taiwan have a thorough grasp of the English language, although like some Americans, Australians and UK nationals there is a variance at grasping the nuances of slang terminology.

For example "Thanks a Bunch" to a Canadian and an American means they're thanking you a great deal. In the UK and Australia (more UK) the term "Thanks a Bunch" is a derogatory term which means the complete opposite and not thanking you at all - a sarcastic comment on the assistance given.

It is essential Editors seeking assistance grasp the need to explain a situation clearly and in a manner other editors can understand. The information and way problems are explained form part of a guide, here on the forum. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

The speed of response to difficult, badly explained issues are often exampled here on the forum where editors are asked for additional information. Speed of response is therefore relative to how information is presented and if the product is current. For example "I want PD8 fixed" question, isn't going to get much of a response, as 1. the question doesn't contain any worthwhile pointers and 2. PD8 isn't the current version and is asis.

Thanks

Dafydd

Edited, one word corrected "therefore", a typo.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 03. 2011 04:41

AllenChicago [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Chicago (USA) Joined: Jan 28, 2010 22:06 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd Bevan-SoftDeko, Thanks for giving some insight into how the Customer Support functions are structured at Cyberlink and the varied reasons why these forums are rife with complaints about Customer Service responses, lack of, etc..

Were it not for you and other helpful souls in these Cyberlink forums, Cyberlink's direct-to-consumer arm of distribution would be very tarnished. I hope the company understands this enough to at least say "Thank-you" to the many volunteers who add vital support functions and value to the company's product line. After 13 months in this PD9 forum, I'm still in awe at how selfless so many members are with their time and patience.. KUDOS to each of you!

Appreciatively,

-Allen
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Allen

Your comments are very much appreciated.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 03. 2011 23:03

Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!