Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Glad to hear I'm not alone. Maybe it will get fixed - it was kind of nice to have occasionally but not critical of course. I'd just gotten used to it.

Thanks for clarifying those settings too.

I've attached the logos shown on my system just for clarity.
1) YUV - not even sure what this setting does
2) HD/Realtime/RGB - I guess that's the default. But how does that apply when Producing output?
3) Yes. However, with ANY video, GPU decoding DISABLED = working preview during production.
4) No. For some videos it does work.
5) Yes. So the logos shown there indicate found/active components/cababilities?

Trying different things - I've never paid any attention to XAVC S but if I choose that (GPU still enabled) and Produce, the preview during production works.
Quote Please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting guide and attach your DxDiag results.

Sorry, overlooked that when I first read the post - attached above.

One thing that just occurred to me, this monitor is relatively new, running at 4k. Prevously I just had an ordinary 27" HD monitor on this desktop. Presumably the preview during production should still work on a 4k monitor?
I'd used this successfully with 14, 15, and 17 but at some point in 17 it stopped working. Just updated to 19 (with the latest patch) and it still does not work. Eveything else works fine though. Any thoughts? I guess it's not important but it was nice sometimes to verify things during production.

Oh, if I turn off h/w accelation during production it DOES work, but then I can't hear myself think for the CPU fan smile

I've installed the latest drivers from Dell for this GTX-1080 card.
maybe hardware was playing a role. The drivers had given me ZERO problems. They were only 4 months old but I updated them anyway. Now hardware acceleration is working again. If not hardware, maybe finicky drivers got whacked when the crash happened. Installing new drivers "reset" whatever got whacked.

Going to avoid SVRT though since it does not render what was selected.
Figured out the too fast much smaller thing. Though I had selected 16 Mbps rate, SVRT cut that to 5 Mbps.

What's funny/sad is that Intelligent SVRT "suggest" that rate but does not render the video at that rate when it's selected.
Been encoding most of the day then hit a crash of PD. After restarting, Hardware Encoding is no longer an option. Presumably a bit was set somewhere during/after the crash to disable it. Nothing else has changed. It's still checked in preferences.

SVRT is available though. Seems pretty fast - too fast with a much smaller file. Will have to compare.

But why did Hardware Encoding suddenly go away?
Just submit a ticket via the CL web site, they were quick to respond to me. I bought mine directly from them.

Note however that they've not quite got everything working. The links and credentials they provided me do not work. But, it's only been 1 day since the product was released so I'm not going to start griping just yet :

*UPDATE* I guess it just took a short time for the links/credentials to become active, trying again just a moment ago was successful.
Go to: