Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Preview during production not working
fletch [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2010 16:37 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I'd used this successfully with 14, 15, and 17 but at some point in 17 it stopped working. Just updated to 19 (with the latest patch) and it still does not work. Eveything else works fine though. Any thoughts? I guess it's not important but it was nice sometimes to verify things during production.

Oh, if I turn off h/w accelation during production it DOES work, but then I can't hear myself think for the CPU fan smile

I've installed the latest drivers from Dell for this GTX-1080 card.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
123 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
111 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 25. 2020 11:25

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting guide and attach your DxDiag results.
fletch [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting guide and attach your DxDiag results.

Sorry, overlooked that when I first read the post - attached above.

One thing that just occurred to me, this monitor is relatively new, running at 4k. Prevously I just had an ordinary 27" HD monitor on this desktop. Presumably the preview during production should still work on a 4k monitor?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 25. 2020 11:28

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
No, I don't think the monitor by itself is a issue. Can you supply a few specifics that may help isolate.
1) In pref, is display RGB or YUV?
2) What timeline preview quality setting are you using?
3) In pref, are you using GPU decoding?
4) Does it occur for PD sample footage in timeline produced to any format?
5) Looks like you have your UHD Graphics 630 enabled, but nothing connected to it. Can you just verify if Nvidia icon in PD about box is active?

My system shows Produce preview correctly, it's not really a true timeline preview, CL changed it to periodic thumbnails to not use so much capability while producing.

Jeff
fletch [Avatar]
[Post New]
1) YUV - not even sure what this setting does
2) HD/Realtime/RGB - I guess that's the default. But how does that apply when Producing output?
3) Yes. However, with ANY video, GPU decoding DISABLED = working preview during production.
4) No. For some videos it does work.
5) Yes. So the logos shown there indicate found/active components/cababilities?

Trying different things - I've never paid any attention to XAVC S but if I choose that (GPU still enabled) and Produce, the preview during production works.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
There appears to be several different produce files specs that appear to trigger the no preview feature, looks like just another bug to me. Some options work, some don't. For me, for instance.
GPU encoding H.265 MP4, preview black
GPU encoding H.265 M2TS preview ok

Quote 2) HD/Realtime/RGB - I guess that's the default. But how does that apply when Producing output?
YUV is actually the default and has caused some overall anomalies for some which often RGB remedies.

Quote 5) Yes. So the logos shown there indicate found/active components/cababilities?
Yes, the logo's indicate what technologies PD is utilizing. Just wanted to verify PD was indeed picking up your Nvidia GPU as it should based on your dxdiag. If it didn't it could then have the Intel logo for your iGPU 630. The pic in this old posts shows the different GPU scenarios, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/47907.page#post_box_250514

Jeff

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 25. 2020 16:41

fletch [Avatar]
[Post New]
Glad to hear I'm not alone. Maybe it will get fixed - it was kind of nice to have occasionally but not critical of course. I'd just gotten used to it.

Thanks for clarifying those settings too.

I've attached the logos shown on my system just for clarity.
[Thumb - PD19.png]
 Filename
PD19.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
108 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Glad to hear I'm not alone. Maybe it will get fixed - it was kind of nice to have occasionally but not critical of course. I'd just gotten used to it.

Thanks for clarifying those settings too.

I've attached the logos shown on my system just for clarity.

Just a few new logo's, my pic was from PD14 to show behavior and ability to easily identify.

I never use the preview during produce as it drags down produce times. It used to be really bad at using resources but at PD17 CL modified the preview to be just periodic flashes of static thumbnails vs real video playback to not be so resource intensive during produce. Probably a bug since then.

One would have to report to CL for a potential future remedy.

Jeff