Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hardware Video Encoder suddenly no longer an option after crash
fletch [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2010 16:37 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Been encoding most of the day then hit a crash of PD. After restarting, Hardware Encoding is no longer an option. Presumably a bit was set somewhere during/after the crash to disable it. Nothing else has changed. It's still checked in preferences.

SVRT is available though. Seems pretty fast - too fast with a much smaller file. Will have to compare.

But why did Hardware Encoding suddenly go away?
fletch [Avatar]
[Post New]
Figured out the too fast much smaller thing. Though I had selected 16 Mbps rate, SVRT cut that to 5 Mbps.

What's funny/sad is that Intelligent SVRT "suggest" that rate but does not render the video at that rate when it's selected.
fletch [Avatar]
[Post New]
maybe hardware was playing a role. The drivers had given me ZERO problems. They were only 4 months old but I updated them anyway. Now hardware acceleration is working again. If not hardware, maybe finicky drivers got whacked when the crash happened. Installing new drivers "reset" whatever got whacked.

Going to avoid SVRT though since it does not render what was selected.