Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thank you for the replies

The video was filmed on a SD video camera.

Previously when I would produce as .mp4 the quality dropped. I found a thread advising to instead use the Mobile Phone Hi-Vision Cam Wooo profile to make files .3G2 and then change the file extension from .3G2 to .mp4

See : http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/13899.page#75372

I have been doing this without a problem but when I tried to produce using the Mobile Phone Hi-Vision Cam Wooo profile to make files .3G2 it stops at different points and shows the Media Source Error message.

As previously noted I have no problem producing in .mp4 format but the quality drops significatntly

I hope I am clear enough, i really appreciate any help I can get
more info:

laptop is an ASUS

CPU: Intel Core i7-740QM, 1.73GHz

VGA: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 ; VRAM 2GB

HDD 640GB

the files im trying to produce are .mp4 and an .mp3 file and trying to produce as a .3G2 so I can get best quality.

I can succesfully produce the exact same thing in .mp4 but I want to produce .3G2 so I can convert it to .mp4 later for a better quality video
Hi all,

I used to run PD8 on my desktop CPU.

I recently put PD8 onto my laptop and tried to produce a video as 3G2 like I would on my desktop CPU but I get the following error message:

Media Source Error:
CyberLink PowerDirector could not stretch or position the media you tried to import. This may be because the file you tried to import does not comply with th file format standard, or because the decoding filters are incorrectly installed.

I have no idea what this means or what to do. Any advice would be helpful.
thank you so much
Quote: It looks like you're selecting (from the Portable MPEG-4 options) the PSP-MPEG-4 AVC High Quality profile. Media info shows it as being 320x240 (4:3) with a video bitrate of 479Kbps.

Rendering to that profile will degrade the video.

If you use the Mobile Phone Hi-Vision Cam Wooo profile, you'll be happier! Change the file extension from .3G2 to .mp4. See http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/9621.page#43230

Sample attached

Cheers - Tony

Ok, I looked at the link but I cant seem to figure out how to change the file extension from .3G2 to .mp4.

I can produce in .3G2 or mp4. but i cant change .3G2 to mp4

please help
thank you again for the fast reply. I really do appreciate it.

i will try that and see how I go.
Wow, thanks so so much, that works great.

now a semi related question. how do i drag clips from the master video clip to the PiP track?

I have already spent an hour chopping it up and would hate to have to do it all again
sorry not "crop", "trim"
I am trying to do a video project and we wanted to have some fast cut scenes but if i cut it shorter than 2 seconds it is automatically deleted.

why is this and how can i overcome it?
Quote: Shane wrote:
But once they are put into a project, the quality drops noticably.

Placing ANY file into a project(Timeline) will result in poorer quality in the PREVIEW window. That is what happens. Power Director is showing you a representation of the placement of your editing items in a preview only. The reason for this is that a lower quality preview will reduce the need for dedication of precious CPU resources that are better used for editing. You can INCREASE the preview quality to "High"...default quality is "Normal" the button becomes active after placing assets on the Timeline.....located below the preview window...white rectangle(with white border). Select High Preview Quality. Be advised that now playback MAY become less smooth depending on the Hardware specifications of your specific PC system.

This was a very helpful answer. Thank You

why is this not explained anywhere else?
i figured out the black borders but the vid quality is still choppy
i experienced the same problem.

i am using a digital video camera. my video files are MP4 and they look great but when i put them into the Master Video Track they become choppy and are resized big black borders on the sides. I cant seem to keep them the same quality as the actual recordings.

I saved the files straight from my camera to my cpu and from there into PowerDirector

i need help
Go to: