Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
how do i crop a clip to be shorter than 2 seconds without it being auto deleted?
nicholas1984 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 02, 2010 11:19 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to do a video project and we wanted to have some fast cut scenes but if i cut it shorter than 2 seconds it is automatically deleted.

why is this and how can i overcome it?
nicholas1984 [Avatar]
[Post New]
sorry not "crop", "trim"
Kevin R.
Contributor Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas Joined: Aug 17, 2010 15:58 Messages: 320 Offline
[Post New]
Nicholas,
I place the clip I want shortened in the PiP track. Once there, you can hold the cursor over the clip at the edge. You will see an icon appear that has two arrows, left to shorten and right to lengthen. Simply adjust there to the duration you are seeking.
I hope this helps.
Cheers!
Kevin R. Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.
nicholas1984 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Wow, thanks so so much, that works great.

now a semi related question. how do i drag clips from the master video clip to the PiP track?

I have already spent an hour chopping it up and would hate to have to do it all again
Kevin R.
Contributor Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas Joined: Aug 17, 2010 15:58 Messages: 320 Offline
[Post New]
You can't really drag them from the master to the PiP. You might want to try to save the project to a folder. Re-open that and edit the part you want and save that, then import that to the main project and add in PiP track.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 09. 2010 09:12

Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.
nicholas1984 [Avatar]
[Post New]
thank you again for the fast reply. I really do appreciate it.

i will try that and see how I go.
Kevin R.
[Post New]
You are very welcome. I tried the prior idea about cutting and dragging to no avail, but did offer you an alternative fix I hope.
Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy PD8 as much as we all do.
Cheers!
Kevin R. Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.